2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

26 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

So considering your take is the East s trash and he wouldn't make the Finals as often in the West would having made 3 Finals and having a 3-0 Finals record beating up on whatever team of bums came out the East be more impressive?  

Well, Would Lebron still be considered this absolute dominant force of nature if he actually lost a few series in the playoffs? 

And if you don't think The East is weaker, do you honestly believe Lebron would be able to pull off the exact same streak in The West? 

31 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I agree, it's hard to give credit to LeBron for being dominant unless he sweeps through the West, the 96 Bulls, the 86 Celtics, the Bad Boy Pistons, the Showtime Lakers, the Dream Team and the Monstars playing 1 on 5. If he does that I'll take everything back

Yeah I mean 8 straight years of dominance in the East is sooo impressive after how much he struggled against them. :rolleyes: 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering free agents have been ducking the east for a decade to avoid LeBron, yes, I think he could have had similar success in the West. It would have been a different story due to the West's generally better record in the draft, but, yeah, I could see a world where peak LeBron upends whatever conference he's in.

Speaking of the West, heck of a game so far. Reggie (or was it Webber?) was right -- the refs took the opportunity for 6 points away from Harden. Those were two really bad no calls at the 3-point line. Houston's defense has been incredible; it's kind of a miracle Golden State is only down 11. Houston probably needed to be up 20 to have a fighting chance in the third, but we'll see!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This entire discussion is based on the premise that all superstars’ supporting casts are created equal.  There is no Pippen on this team.  There is no Shaq. There is no no Horace Grant.  Hell, there’s no BJ Armstrong.  He’s doing it as close to by himself.  It’s a team game.  And a lot of circumstances go into his 3-6 Finals record, including an all-time opponent the likes of which Has not stood in the way of any superstar in my memory.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Considering free agents have been ducking the east for a decade to avoid LeBron, yes, I think he could have had similar success in the West. It would have been a different story due to the West's generally better record in the draft, but, yeah, I could see a world where peak LeBron upends whatever conference he's in.

Yeah, you’re either delusional or a massive fanboy if you think Lebron sees the same success in The West as he does in The East when he would have to go through Kobe’s Lakes, The Spurs, and now The Warriors before making The Finals. 

What kind of Competition has The East has compared to that? 

Phantom Merch Collector.

9 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

This entire discussion is based on the premise that all superstars’ supporting casts are created equal.  There is no Pippen on this team.  There is no Shaw.  There is no no Horace Grant.  Hell, there’s no BJ Armstrong.  He’s doing it as close to by himself.  It’s a team game.  And a lot of circumstances go into his 3-6 Finals record, including an all-time opponent the likes of which Has not stood in the way of any superstar in my memory.

Sure, it's impressive what Jordan did, but be still my heart, just think of what LeBron ought to have done!

Yeah, you’re either delusional or a massive fanboy if you think Lebron sees the same success in The West as he does in The East when he would have to go through Kobe’s Lakes, The Spurs, and now The Warriors before making The Finals. 

What kind of Competition has The East has compared to that? 

STOP CAPITALIZING THE

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

LeBron could have chosen the Clippers over Miami if Donald Sterling hadn't still owned the team.  I have no problem seeing him win there.  Imagine if they had still traded for CP3.

IUe6Hvh.png

Say the Memphis Grizzlies drafted LeBron instead of Cleveland (which would have happened had they got the 1 pick instead of the 2 that they had to trade to Detroit). This was their 2003-2004 roster:

Shane Battier

Troy Bell

Pau Gasol

Ryan Humphrey

Dahntay Jones

Mike Miller

Bo Outlaw

Wesley Person

James Posey

Theron Smith

Stromile Swift

Jake Tsakalidis

Earl Watson

Bonzi Wells

Jason Williams

Lorenzen Wright

That team went 50-32 and made the playoffs. They ended up getting swept by the Spurs, but you don't think that roster with LeBron James doesn't end up becoming an eventual western conference powerhouse? Especially with Jerry West as the GM?  I'm not saying Battier/James/Gasol/Miller/Williams is the greatest team of all time, but I bet you it gets a lot easier to attract 2004 free agents like Marcus Camby, Robert Horry, and Steve Nash.

And I'm really annoyed I'm looking this because Ozyman won't understand why I'm doing so.

That's three three point foul opportunities they've taken away from Harden. If the Warriors win by 9 points or less, that will be tough to swallow. Also, the Rockets should try making a shot once in a while.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The same :censored: is happening in Q3 tonight that happened in game 6. This reffing doesn't make sense.

That should do it.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The same :censored: is happening in Q3 tonight that happened in game 6. This reffing doesn't make sense.

NBA officiating is garbage. It's frustrating to watch as a basketball fan and I know it has to be hard on the players too. Having said that, I'm also tired of seeing the star player constantly talking at the refs, just play.

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That team went 50-32 and made the playoffs. They ended up getting swept by the Spurs, but you don't think that roster with LeBron James doesn't end up becoming an eventual western conference powerhouse? Especially with Jerry West as the GM?  I'm not saying Battier/James/Gasol/Miller/Williams is the greatest team of all time, but I bet you it gets a lot easier to attract 2004 free agents like Marcus Camby, Robert Horry, and Steve Nash.

Do they (or specifically Lebron) make 8 straight Finals appearances despite having to deal with The Spurs, Lakers, and Golden State through the years.? 

I won't deny Lebron would see some success in The West, but it'd be a fraction of what he'd had in The East. 

Seriously, how many major powerhouse teams have there been in The East outside of Lebron. Big 3 Celtics......ummmm....The Magic? It's really lopsided the kind of teams The West have had compared to The East. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

I still like the Warriors, even if the owner is a stupid prick who would do things like give a TED Talk where he just puts the word "Disruptioneering" on a PowerPoint slide and stands there for an hour.

So the standard for Lebron James' greatness from what I can gather is: He has to win 9 straight conference championships, in the perceived tougher conference, without a good teammate, and then win every finals. Also if he beats the Celtics then clearly the Celtics weren't good to begin with, or they beat themselves.

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Interesting choice for Boston to never make a single shot late in the game.

Ditto Houston.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

So the standard for Lebron James' greatness from what I can gather is: He has to win 9 straight conference championships, in the perceived tougher conference, without a good teammate, and then win every finals. Also if he beats the Celtics then clearly the Celtics weren't good to begin with, or they beat themselves.

I lost the plot pages ago: is the argument that LeBron is Actually Bad, or just not the single greatest player in history? 

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I lost the plot pages ago: is the argument that LeBron is Actually Bad, or just not the single greatest player in history? 

It’s somewhere in between.  I think it is that he not really in the first tier because he’s won a weak conference over and over.  That is not impressive.

POTD (Shared)

Archived