MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

LAFC secondary officially unveiled:

D0GclZwXgAEDAJE?format=jpg&name=large

7418A_LGF_BALGF_LFB_MF.jpg

Can’t say I’m a huge fan, personally. I don’t really like the grey for them, and the pattern is a bit too busy for my liking. I think the shirt would look much better if the pattern was a bit subtler. Overall, though, I’d call this a lateral move from last season’s secondary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few real looks at the grey names/numbers on the new LAFC jerseys:

wwUl1ZB.jpg

7ifz1nj.jpg

BJVpe2h.jpg

These look to be exact same silver-grey names/numbers that Minnesota used on their secondaries the last two years. They look okay here, but they’ll be pretty difficult to see on the field.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here are a few real looks at the grey names/numbers on the new LAFC jerseys:

wwUl1ZB.jpg

7ifz1nj.jpg

BJVpe2h.jpg

These look to be exact same silver-grey names/numbers that Minnesota used on their secondaries the last two years. They look okay here, but they’ll be pretty difficult to see on the field.

Why? Use black numbers and be done with it!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

LAFC debuted their new secondaries in tonight’s game against Vancouver:

0znxTHz.jpg

sfBq8tG.jpg

qmZmsmj.jpg

D75_5851.1550979658.jpg

Oddly enough, the shorts they wore aren’t the actual match shorts that go with the kit. Instead, they were just replica shorts. The actual match shorts will have the Adidas logo on the front, and will have the extended back hem. They’ll also likely have grey Adidas stripes to match the shirt and socks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^Yeah, those are the authentic shorts. They have the climalite technology, the Adidas logo on the front, the extended back hem, and the truncated Adidas stripes. The color mismatch is likely due to the difference in materials between the body of the shirt and the shorts (you can even see that the sleeves of the shirt are slightly lighter than the front panel).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^It’s still sure to be a significant downgrade from their Heritage whites IMO. And I’m really not a fan of them going with such an obscure color like pink. With their previous neon kits they stuck with shades of blue and green for the most part (the highlighter thirds were more yellow than green, but still), so this is a significant departure for them in that respect. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^It’s still sure to be a significant downgrade from their Heritage whites IMO. And I’m really not a fan of them going with such an obscure color like pink. With their previous neon kits they stuck with shades of blue and green for the most part (the highlighter thirds were more yellow than green, but still), so this is a significant departure for them in that respect.  

True. But at the same time, it's nice at least one team is keeping the tradition of other-colored clash kit alive. Like the Colorado flag Rapids or Rose City Timbers. I don't think this means pink is now an official Sounders color, but maybe it could be?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Based on the teaser and some of their past kits (namely the Pitch Black and Pacific Blue kits), here’s a mockup of what I think the Sounders’ new secondary will look like:

EAU47Rz.jpg

God, I hate That Zulily logo. Xbox will be dearly missed. 

Archived