MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

41 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Makes you wonder why they've only had one(1) royal blue change top... 

I've always felt like the royal blue was too tonally similar to the regular green -- these days with no third kits, that wouldn't leave Seattle with any great options when away to NYCFC or SKC. (One of many areas where I feel the Sounders would have been better served with a navy shade rather than royal)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Based on the teaser and some of their past kits (namely the Pitch Black and Pacific Blue kits), here’s a mockup of what I think the Sounders’ new secondary will look like:

EAU47Rz.jpg

Is Seattle looking to try to steal some shine from the upcoming Miami Internationale (is that it?) FC club? Granted it's a more vibrant shade of pink, but it's pink and black nonetheless.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

53 minutes ago, Buc said:

Is Seattle looking to try to steal some shine from the upcoming Miami Internationale (is that it?) FC club? Granted it's a more vibrant shade of pink, but it's pink and black nonetheless.

If all the talk about how Adidas designs are locked in 1-2 years in advance is accurate (and I have no reason to believe it's not), I don't think Seattle's design has anything to do with Inter Miami. Plus, if Miami's kit comes out and it doesn't have a jersey that is primarily black I don't think it will be any sort of issue (like if Miami's jerseys are Pink and White).

The interesting thing with Miami, too, is that I wonder if their black really isn't black but is instead a dark gray. Looking at their logo and their website, the color value isn't a full black RGB: https://www.intermiamicf.com. For me it's either 1 of 3 scenarios. 1) They use a really dark gray and not actual black. 2) They took the CMYK black, converted it to RGB, and are just using that value. So lazy designing. Based upon what I've seen in their brand, I don't think this is the case. 3) The RGB version of their black isn't full black, and this was an intentional chose. Minnesota does this, as their brand guides specifically state that their black is Pantone Black, but the hex value is #231F20.

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Based on the teaser and some of their past kits (namely the Pitch Black and Pacific Blue kits), here’s a mockup of what I think the Sounders’ new secondary will look like:

EAU47Rz.jpg

Not sure why they can't do a decent one color crest as they did in the past. So much I don't like about this. 

SSZulily.jpg 

I think the side panels elevate it from a recolor to a new look. Easily the best second kit in MLS right now. As a fan, I'm a fan.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, I'm still not the hugest fan, but the side-panels help. I wish they had done a pink to coral orange gradient for those lines, since they're going for a sunset inspired look. A light-colored crest would be better, as @hawk36 said. It might grow on me, who knows?

I'd just like to take a second to acknowledge that, regardless of the jerseys, the jocktags have mostly been EXCELLENT this year.

Montreal: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-MTL-1280x553.jpg

NYC: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-NYC-1280x553.jpg

Toronto: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-TOR-1280x553.jpg

Salt Lake: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-RSL-1280x553.jpg

and now Seattle: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-SEA-1280x553.jpg?h

Kudos for that, if nothing else!

The new Sounders shirt does indeed have white names/numbers:

UU5v1AX.jpg

Frankly, this kit is pretty much just a recolored, yet worse version of their Pitch Black kit from a few years back. The Pitch Black kit was much better executed overall IMO. For one, the green was a much better, and more relevant accent color, and the shorts and socks being green really helped it stand out and made for a much better kit combo than all-black. And the gradient effect worked much better on the socks of that kit than on the side panels of the new shirt. The kit as a whole isn’t terrible, and it certainly is better than some of the plain white kits that’ve been released this year, but it’s still a misstep in my mind. 

cst_K2V0266.jpg?kv6rMNadf5vVuMpsKPwmWzCQ

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

42 minutes ago, vtgco said:

Well, I'm still not the hugest fan, but the side-panels help. I wish they had done a pink to coral orange gradient for those lines, since they're going for a sunset inspired look. A light-colored crest would be better, as @hawk36 said. It might grow on me, who knows?

I'd just like to take a second to acknowledge that, regardless of the jerseys, the jocktags have mostly been EXCELLENT this year.

Montreal: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-MTL-1280x553.jpg

NYC: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-NYC-1280x553.jpg

Toronto: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-TOR-1280x553.jpg

Salt Lake: 2019-Primary-Kitdrops-RSL-1280x553.jpg

and now Seattle: original.jpg?fm=pjpg&auto=format

Kudos for that, if nothing else!

Not MNUFC. They literally couldn't have gone with a more boring one. Makes me hate our new secondary kit even more. 

minnesota-united-2019-away-kit-6.jpg

38 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Not MNUFC. They literally couldn't have gone with a more boring one. Makes me hate our new secondary kit even more. 

minnesota-united-2019-away-kit-6.jpg

OOF sorry

Key word "mostly," I guess...

Edit: if it's any consolation, it appears that DC is stuck in the same boat, with seemingly no tag at all on their horrendously boring white jersey:

DCU%20white%20jersey%20full.jpg

16 hours ago, Buc said:

That’s not even a real team as far as i’m concerned. 

8 hours ago, vtgco said:

OOF sorry

Key word "mostly," I guess...

Edit: if it's any consolation, it appears that DC is stuck in the same boat, with seemingly no tag at all on their horrendously boring white jersey:

DCU%20white%20jersey%20full.jpg

I feel like they could have thrown 3 stripes under the Leidos wordmark and called it a throwback.

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Sounders’ secondary officially revealed:

3sh42lk.jpg

pL8f0YI.jpg

Yeah... not feeling this one at all. I’m not a fan of the color scheme, the white Zulily logo, and especially the side panels. 

So is adidas copying Starter now?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Is the Revolution’s jock tag still an American flag? Which makes zero sense and clashes horrendously with their styled American flag badge a few inches away?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived