North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Louisville City FC's new stadium now has grass:

kuae15k31zo31.png

Is that Malfunction Junction I'm looking at in the background?? I'm guessing they chose to angle the opening of that new stadium toward the freeway so passersby can look in there and be wooed as they pass by (while hopefully not causing any more malfunctions at that junction)? I mean I guess patrons can get a view of that newer Ohio river bridge too some watching the game... either way, looking mighty nice there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

58 minutes ago, Digby said:

That stadium does look crazy nice for a lower-league team. Though those stick-like light fixtures (?) are ugly as sin.

I guess they're trying to set the stadium up so the majority of the light is along the center of the field when playing night games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Tupelo, MS-based Renasant, which only 20 bank locations in the state of Tennessee signs on to be kit sponsor for Nashville SC.

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Nashville Soccer Club and Renasant Bank jointly announced today that Renasant Bank has signed on as the club's first jersey sponsor and official banking partner. Renasant will be featured on the club's first team and academy home and away jerseys, which will be unveiled prior to the start of the 25th Major League Soccer campaign in 2020. In addition to the jersey sponsorship, the four-year partnership includes a strong community element as well as video content and digital activations.

"Securing premier sponsorship partners is a fundamental step in building a solid foundation in any major league sports team," said Nashville SC CEO, Ian Ayre. "It's important to find the right fit and share the right values to make it a true partnership. Renasant shares the core values we identified for Nashville SC from the outset, and their organization, like ours, is ambitious and anchored in the Nashville community. We feel strongly that together, we can bring exciting and rewarding experiences to our fans and are proud to be continuing our journey into Major League Soccer with Renasant by our side."

Renasant President and CEO, Mitch Waycaster concurred, "Nashville SC and Renasant share very similar cultures both organizationally and as community-minded leaders, which makes this partnership a great fit. Nashville is one of the nation's most attractive markets for both business and sports, and this partnership is a tremendous opportunity to enhance our brand throughout the Southeast. We look forward to a successful partnership as Nashville SC kicks off its inaugural season with Renasant as its jersey sponsor and official bank."

Reports were that Renasant was also looking at title sponsorship for the new stadium, but elected to be kit sponsor. 

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

I think I read somewhere it's going to be 11,000 with the possibility of 14,000.

Hopefully we get more USL Championship teams getting their own SSS.

I had hoped that San Antonio FC would expand their stadium, because it's specifically built to do so quickly. But since they aren't moving to MLS I would expect them to stay at the current configuration for a while.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I’m just happy the San Diego USL team is playing in a close to appropriately sized stadium for the level unlike the NISA team playing at Qualcomm Stadium.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Torero Stadium will be a nice short/mid-term solution. Definitely better than some other similar solution even at the MLS level (Buck Shaw Stadium anyone?). 

Long term they’re having preliminary discussions to share this with the SDSU Aztecs

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Inter Miami Stadium update as of Tuesday:

Anyone else find it odd that after all these years Miami is going right back to where the Fusion played 20 years ago, even if in a new venue? I thought one of the problems the Fusion always had was the location?

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

Anyone else find it odd that after all these years Miami is going right back to where the Fusion played 20 years ago, even if in a new venue? I thought one of the problems the Fusion always had was the location?

The problem Inter has is every time they pick a site in Miami sonething or someone gets in the way to block it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, Camden Crazy said:

Looking at you Penn FC

Well Penn FC took this season off, and along with the already dormant Rochester moved down to USL League One for 2020 but, Ive heard rumors that both teams might be taking 2020 off now as well. This would be Rochesters third year off and would make Penn out for two years.

Signature intentionally left blank

52 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The problem Inter has is every time they pick a site in Miami sonething or someone gets in the way to block it. 

I can believe that. You ever try to get a simple business license in Miami. It is literally the worst city in America to do business in. 

Revs clinched a playoff berth with this win over NYCFC. Psyched! I haven’t seen them in the playoffs since the 14 Cup final (I missed their brief one game appearance in 2015). I know they stand basically no shot in the playoffs this year, but still a nice testament to how Arena has turned the squad around, and has me optimistic for even better things next year.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived