Possibly the ugliest color combination ever

PackerBadger

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Talk amongst yourselves... I'll give you a topic, Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an island... discuss"

Rhode Island was originally named Roode Eylandt (or "red island" in Dutch) by Adriaen Block, a Dutch explorer, because of its red clay. The state might also have been named in honor of the Greek island of Rhodes.

Nap Lajoie, the American League's first batting champion and an inductee in the Baseball Hall of Fame, was a Rhode Islander.

It would have made sense for the URI to adopt some form of red as part of their official colors:

uri-logo-color.jpg

^_^

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Did I ever post pictures of an adult's recreational team in my league tat wears "Pepto Bismol" Pink?

I thought I did...

True North Hockey Pictures

This is the ugliest... it takes balls to wear theme 'though.

It is not a bad laundry load result...

Close second is the OHL's Brampton Batallion using Army Green...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Close second is the OHL's Brampton Batalion using Army Green...

It looks like they altered a Canadian Army Sergeant/Petty Officer 2nd class insignia for their sleeve:

bag_serg.gif

820D5427_RT8_filtered.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

...and the football gods smiled brightly upon the concept

Stop me before I quote again.

R.I.P. Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons

TMQ rocks!

What part features PackerBadger? (Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, I did read the entire article.)

Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons has always been my favourite TMQ nickname alternative. I'm still unclear as to which team (Jets and Giants) correspond to Jersey/A and Jersey/B.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

by the pic of the canadian jersey dude:

"TMQ calls this squad the Boy Scouts, owing to the similarity of its fleur-de-lis to that of Baden-Powell's. Here, Steve Prestegard of Ripon, Wis., imagines what the team would look like if it adopted Scouts-uniform colors."

And there's a link...which still doesn't work for me!

by the pic of the canadian jersey dude:

"TMQ calls this squad the Boy Scouts, owing to the similarity of its fleur-de-lis to that of Baden-Powell's. Here, Steve Prestegard of Ripon, Wis., imagines what the team would look like if it adopted Scouts-uniform colors."

And there's a link...which still doesn't work for me!

Link worked for me... and nice work PackBadg. On getting mentioned in TMQ's article that is, the jersey's actually pretty ugly, but you knew that already. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

...and the football gods smiled brightly upon the concept

Stop me before I quote again.

R.I.P. Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons

TMQ rocks!

What part features PackerBadger? (Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, I did read the entire article.)

Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons has always been my favourite TMQ nickname alternative. I'm still unclear as to which team (Jets and Giants) correspond to Jersey/A and Jersey/B.

Jersey/A is the Giants.

Jersey/B is the Jets.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived