2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

7 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Airing it publicly is a negotiating tactic.

I get that players and coaches have used the press to fuel their agendas, but there's always the potential for blowback with the fans, team, press, and future suitors. For Hield's sake, I hope Sacramento rectifies the situation.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Hield said that no good FAs ever go to Sacramento and he's right.

Sacramento can pay him what he wants, pay Fox what he wants, pay Marvin Bagley what he wants, and they can find themselves -- in face of all odds -- competitive with a young core.

Instead they want to nickel and dime a good shooter and give that money to Trevor Ariza. Okay, whatever.

If I was the kings I’d match any offer just out of spite so he has to stay miserable in Sacramento.

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

If I was the kings I’d match any offer just out of spite so he has to stay miserable in Sacramento.

That's their right, and also a great way to continue to remain a free agent desert.

Sacramento got its arena. Maybe Vivek can sell the team to a city and an owner who would give a :censored:?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

That shot clock graphic is superfluous.

Reminds me of the glowing puck. Shouldn't be that hard to keep track of a black puck on white ice and it shouldn't be hard to look at the lower right-hand corner for the shot clock. Don't fix it.if it ain't broken.

12 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Reminds me of the glowing puck. Shouldn't be that hard to keep track of a black puck on white ice and it shouldn't be hard to look at the lower right-hand corner for the shot clock. Don't fix it.if it ain't broken.

I don't follow hockey, but I remember catching part of a game that featured the glowing puck graphic years ago. I actually kind of liked it because hockey pucks are considerably smaller and move at a much faster rate than, say, a basketball. But again, I was a casual observer. Had I actually been an avid watcher of hockey, I think I would've found myself preferring to go without the graphic altogether.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, dfwabel said:

Hield signed 4 years for $86, with $20 in potential bonuses.

He signed under value so he could get his money before the China repercussions tank contract values.

Daryl Morey lost a lot of guys a lot of money.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Hield signed 4 years for $86, with $20 in potential bonuses.

He signed under value so he could get his money before the China repercussions tank contract values.

Daryl Morey lost a lot of guys a lot of money.

Sabonis takes Pacers extension too.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/10/21/domantas-sabonis-indiana-pacers-extension

The extension deadline for the 2016 draft class was tonight at 6PM Eastern.

No extensions for:

Ingram

Bogdanovich (he can wait until season's end as he's not on a rookie contract)

Maker

Poeltl

I think I've come around on the Clippers, and Kawhi's own personal dynasty. Strong depth behind the stars and I like the defensive-minded, grit-type-star parallels with Doc's Celtics teams, but probably even better. I can see a fun postseason with them and the Lakers assuming health and rest, plus the Nuggets/Jazz/Blazers as the underdogs who scrapped through the regular season. Kind of expecting a total meltdown from the Rockets even before the geopolitical controversy.

In the East, I think the Bucks are the team to beat for the foreseeable future. If Embiid can stay healthy that's one Sixers concern down, but I don't know about their shooting still.

Everyone else will be a depressing morass of streaky, frustrating 45-win teams from seeds 3-8. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived