2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

Rip-off time! Who do you think will earn the right to lose to the Clippers Lakers?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictions:

East

1. Sixers

2. Bucks

3. Pacers

4. Celtics

5. Heat

6. Nets

7. Raptors

8. Knicks

West

1. Nuggets

2. Jazz

3. Lakers

4. Clippers

5. Blazers

6. Warriors

7. Rockets

8. Mavs

Conference Finals

East: Sixers over Bucks

West: Lakers over Jazz

Finals: Lakers over Sixers

MVP: Anthony Davis

ROY: Ja Morant

Coach of the Year: Rick Carlisle

I'm prepared for all of this to be dramatically wrong. The prediction I feel best about is Philly being very, very good.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

East

1. Sixers

2. Bucks

3. Celtics

4. Nets

5. Heat

6. Raptors

7. Pacers

8. Pistons

West

1. Nuggets

2. Jazz

3. Rockets

4. Lakers

5. Clippers

6. Warriors

7. Blazers

8. Pelicans

Conference Finals

West: Jazz over Lakers

Finals: Jazz over Sixers

MVP: James Harden

ROY: Ja Morant

Coach of the Year: Michael Malone

DPOY: Rudy Gobert

Sixth Man: Lou Williams

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think the Jazz will be very good...but I can't forget how they wilted against the Rockets and how Donovan Mitchell couldn't beat France and how Mike Conley is great but never when it matters most.

I'm rooting for their success, but not expecting it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The playoffs will be extremely similar to last season.
West
1. Nuggets

2. Lakers

3. Blazers

4. Clippers

5. Jazz

6. Rockets

7. Spurs

8. Warriors

East

1. Bucks

2. Celtics

3. Sixers

4. Pacers

5. Nets

6. Raptors

7. Heat

8. Magic

I don’t see that many changes team wise, except for the obvious one, the thunder falling out. The 7,8,9 spots for the East could be Detroit, Miami, or Orlando.

The west will be extremely close with the Kings being the closest to making the playoffs, but after them I see a significant drop off. Even the kings will be a good few games out of the 8 seed, the 1-4 seeds will be a max of 4 games apart, I can honestly see the warriors going anywhere from a 5 seed to an 8 seed, same with almost all the teams after 3 or 4

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1. Sixers

2. Bucks

3. Celtics

4. Heat

5. Raptors

6. Pacers

7. Nets

8. Bulls

1. Rockets

2. Clippers 

3. Jazz

4. Nuggets

5. Lakers

6. Warriors

7. Kings

8. Blazers

Conference Finals

West: Lakers over Jazz

Finals: Lakers over Sixers

MVP: Joel Embiid

ROY: Zion 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

56 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I agree to a point since while the players are of a higher profile, they should not be placed in the situation to make the comments for the business.  I'd also like not to have my passport taken by Chinese authorities and become detained and a political pawn. 

The coward in all of this is Daryl Morey, as he not only deleted the tweet, but for what looks like for the sake of his current (and any future NBA job) has not just backtracked, but has gone radio silent and underground.  He tried to go Kaepernick but turtled.

Truth be told, if I were Tilman Fertitta, Daryl Morey would have already been fired.

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

I agree to a point since while the players are of a higher profile, they should not be placed in the situation to make the comments for the business.  I'd also like not to have my passport taken by Chinese authorities and become detained and a political pawn. 

The coward in all of this is Daryl Morey, as he not only deleted the tweet, but for what looks like for the sake of his current (and any future NBA job) has not just backtracked, but has gone radio silent and underground.  He tried to go Kaepernick but turtled.

Truth be told, if I were Tilman Fertitta, Daryl Morey would have already been fired.

If you fire him for speaking his mind, how much more will you lose in court when he sues? I'm pretty certain he got told to disappear by more people than just his owner. The NBA just learned a lesson that other businesses know, just keep your head down and don't pay attention to the pogroms in the corner.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If it isn't obvious by now, the N in NBA might as well stand for Nike. 

If you're going to brand yourself as some kind of person/group as "speaking truth to power" and an opportunity to actually stand against a fascist regime comes up and you say bupkis because your bottom line might really be at risk this time? Yeah, you deserve to be :censored: on and then some. Hell, just skip the subtlety altogether and make this your new slogan: 闭嘴运球

Best thing to do is stick to what you know best: playing basketball. 

And I'm picking Bucks/Lakers for the Finals. With Milwaukee winning.

24 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If you fire him for speaking his mind, how much more will you lose in court when he sues? I'm pretty certain he got told to disappear by more people than just his owner. The NBA just learned a lesson that other businesses know, just keep your head down and don't pay attention to the pogroms in the corner.

The First Amendment does not prevent a private employer from limiting what you can say.  Tilman Fertitta does not have to put up with it, and Texas is a strong at-will employment state.

Tilman can still cut a check to fulfil the stated contractual obligations and separate him from the franchise immediately. 

Eastern Conference:

1. Milwaukee

2. Boston

3. Philadelphia

4. Toronto

5. Orlando

6. Brooklyn (Could go up if Durant makes a comeback)

7. Indiana

8. Miami

Western Conference:

1. Denver

2. Houston

3. LA Clippers

4. Portland

5. LA Lakers

6. Utah

7. San Antonio

8. Golden State

Yeah, Daryl Morey is the real bad guy here. Look what you made them do! NBA discussion is supposed to revolve around Kevin Durant getting his feelings hurt. Now it revolves around a billion Chinese people getting their feelings hurt. We're way off the ball here!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, dfwabel said:

The First Amendment does not prevent a private employer from limiting what you can say.  Tilman Fertitta does not have to put up with it, and Texas is a strong at-will employment state.

Tilman can still cut a check to fulfil the stated contractual obligations and separate him from the franchise immediately. 

Fertitta has the right, sure, but it would be even less smart than Morey’s tweet. Even apart from the geopolitics, everyone’s waiting for his trigger finger to finish off the Rockets’ blown window and good luck finding a better replacement than Morey.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived