daveindc

Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The ball used to be closer to the center of the whole logo.  Now it’s way too low, and as the only white left pulls focus too far downward. 

 

The weird angle is when people complain about the circular strike of the “b” not having been of consistent thickness all around, but don’t mind that it’s still not of consistent thickness all around.  Which is fine, but just don’t pretend that was a problem that needed fixing. 

 

The placement of the ball in the old logo seems like a bigger issue to me now, because it's closer to the center but not actually centered. The baseball draws the eye to the base of the logo, but I don't see how that's an issue I guess?

 

And I agree with Ferdinand that the naked eye and even your circle don't make it clear cut to me that there is a weird angle. If their execution wasn't 100%, I can see that criticism, but how does that negate the more obvious thickness inconsistency of the previous logo?

 

To reiterate, I have no qualms with anyone preferring the old logo. I don't think it needed to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe only tangentially related, but I thought this post in a facebook group I'm in was rather telling. Not only in just how iconic the Harvey Wallbangers road unis are, but how popular they remain. To where high school kids who weren't even around for the original BiG era are excited about them.

 

Screenshot-2019-12-07-10-18-59.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Maybe only tangentially related, but I thought this post in a facebook group I'm in was rather telling. Not only in just how iconic the Harvey Wallbangers road unis are, but how popular they remain. To where high school kids who weren't even around for the original BiG era are excited about them.

 

Screenshot-2019-12-07-10-18-59.png

 

and to that point, im a college kid who had just turned 2 when the Brewers first started using the M w/ wheat set, and I was one of the people on here leading the charge of the "powder blue" movement.  The Brewers are synonymous with their powder blue uniforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone bought or seen the new on field caps in person?

I have yet to see these drop below $39.99.

 

Any chance the M wheats are on deep discount anywhere? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone bought or seen the new on field caps in person?

I have yet to see these drop below $39.99.

 

Any chance the M wheats are on deep discount anywhere? 


$31.99 on sale on the various Fanatics sites.  And I think that’s the best you’ll see; they’ll stay at that price point until Fanatics has sold out.  And since they control the bulk of online retailers....
 

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-new-era-navy-authentic-collection-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-36996594+p-6873949823434+z-9-1346601153

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gothamite said:


$31.99 on sale on the various Fanatics sites.  And I think that’s the best you’ll see; they’ll stay at that price point until Fanatics has sold out.  And since they control the bulk of online retailers....
 

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-new-era-navy-authentic-collection-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-36996594+p-6873949823434+z-9-1346601153

Let's talk about this.

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Various team stores online(Ravens, Sixers, Monumental to just name a FEW)

Various in person stores (Pirates for one)

Kitbag(also referred as Fanatics International, also based in UK

 

Their takeover is INSANE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Various team stores online(Ravens, Sixers, Monumental to just name a FEW)

Various in person stores (Pirates for one)

Kitbag(also referred as Fanatics International, also based in UK

 

Their takeover is INSANE.

And the NHL. Or as it's now known "NHLShop.com A Fanatics Experience"
I'm not kidding.

 

bQZkpm0.png

 

https://shop.nhl.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

And the NHL. Or as it's now known "NHLShop.com A Fanatics Experience"
I'm not kidding.

 

bQZkpm0.png

 

https://shop.nhl.com/

I honestly thought I included them. 
heck, proves the point- they own so much I forgot an entire league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone bought or seen the new on field caps in person?

I have yet to see these drop below $39.99.

 

Any chance the M wheats are on deep discount anywhere? 

 

bought the main navy hat this past Saturday at the team store, the picture on the team's store webpage is wrong.  The new era flag is gold and the gold used is a more athletic gold (the picture makes it look too yellow).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

 

bought the main navy hat this past Saturday at the team store, the picture on the team's store webpage is wrong.  The new era flag is gold and the gold used is a more athletic gold (the picture makes it look too yellow).

Thanks

 

For as much as fanatics has a hold on things, I just haven't seen the 2020 caps in the wild. Nothing on Instagram, or other shops selling stuff. I need some up close photos and such. 

 

I'm sad the surplus of M wheat hasnt hit the streets at a deep discount. I was expecting to see truck loads being sold at $9.99/cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Thanks

 

For as much as fanatics has a hold on things, I just haven't seen the 2020 caps in the wild. Nothing on Instagram, or other shops selling stuff. I need some up close photos and such. 

 

I'm sad the surplus of M wheat hasnt hit the streets at a deep discount. I was expecting to see truck loads being sold at $9.99/cap. 


If you're in or near Wisconsin, hit up the secondary retail shops (TJ Maxx, Burlington, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know at the very beginning I hated the new BiG and wished the stuck with the barley M, but now... At this point id say ive fully embraced the entire rebrand, and I think it might be my favorite Brewers look yet.  If they add a powder blue jersey down the line then it would undoubtedly be my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not quite "there" with the new BiG yet.  Can't promise I'll ever be.  I'm a lot more satisfied with this than what they've worn for the past 25 years, but I really hope we see some evolutionary tweaks to this look in the coming years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, DiePerske said:

Let's talk about this.

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Various team stores online(Ravens, Sixers, Monumental to just name a FEW)

Various in person stores (Pirates for one)

Kitbag(also referred as Fanatics International, also based in UK

 

Their takeover is INSANE.

Not to mention quality is sub par and customer service is putrid. Follow fanatics help on twitter for laughs at some of the stuff people pay top dollar for and receive. Just the other day someone got a rangers knit with a giant islanders written above the logo. You’d think these billion dollar leagues and teams wouldn’t want to farm out their merchandise like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, DiePerske said:

Let's talk about this.

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Various team stores online(Ravens, Sixers, Monumental to just name a FEW)

Various in person stores (Pirates for one)

Kitbag(also referred as Fanatics International, also based in UK

 

Their takeover is INSANE.

 

Lids becoming Fanatics upset me. There was alot of variety going on there now it's just the same as every other site. Christmas shopping sucked because every site had the same crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

 

Lids becoming Fanatics upset me. There was alot of variety going on there now it's just the same as every other site. Christmas shopping sucked because every site had the same crap.


I think this is the unfortunate byproduct of an economic system in which the largest corporations get the best financial breaks; The result is that profits and efficiency become more important than quality or creativity. You end up with less variety because producing and selling millions of a single item is much more profitable than producing and selling thousands, hundreds, or dozens of many different items. The smaller producers languish in economic purgatory until they either fold or get bought by one of the larger corporations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also have a federal government that’s more tolerant towards monopolies than it has been in a hundred years.  This never would have been allowed a few decades ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:


I think this is the unfortunate byproduct of an economic system in which the largest corporations get the best financial breaks; The result is that profits and efficiency become more important than quality or creativity. You end up with less variety because producing and selling millions of a single item is much more profitable than producing and selling thousands, hundreds, or dozens of many different items. The smaller producers languish in economic purgatory until they either fold or get bought by one of the larger corporations.


Ironic, isn't it, that this is exactly what we were told would happen if we let the Communists win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 5:43 PM, NicDB said:


Ironic, isn't it, that this is exactly what we were told would happen if we let the Communists win?

Fanatics has completely ruined the experience and options for buying team apparel. I live in FL and am a Chiefs and CO sports fan (Broncos excluded obviously) and have no options since the Lids takeover.

 

Their foray in apparel manufacturing has also been terrible. I have waited my whole life to buy Chiefs SB gear and literally can’t find ANYTHING I like! It’s either garbage quality Fanatics gear or $200+ Nike jackets. Ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.