Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

21 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The ball used to be closer to the center of the whole logo.  Now it’s way too low, and as the only white left pulls focus too far downward. 

The weird angle is when people complain about the circular strike of the “b” not having been of consistent thickness all around, but don’t mind that it’s still not of consistent thickness all around.  Which is fine, but just don’t pretend that was a problem that needed fixing. 

The placement of the ball in the old logo seems like a bigger issue to me now, because it's closer to the center but not actually centered. The baseball draws the eye to the base of the logo, but I don't see how that's an issue I guess?

And I agree with Ferdinand that the naked eye and even your circle don't make it clear cut to me that there is a weird angle. If their execution wasn't 100%, I can see that criticism, but how does that negate the more obvious thickness inconsistency of the previous logo?

To reiterate, I have no qualms with anyone preferring the old logo. I don't think it needed to change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe only tangentially related, but I thought this post in a facebook group I'm in was rather telling. Not only in just how iconic the Harvey Wallbangers road unis are, but how popular they remain. To where high school kids who weren't even around for the original BiG era are excited about them.

Screenshot-2019-12-07-10-18-59.png

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Maybe only tangentially related, but I thought this post in a facebook group I'm in was rather telling. Not only in just how iconic the Harvey Wallbangers road unis are, but how popular they remain. To where high school kids who weren't even around for the original BiG era are excited about them.

Screenshot-2019-12-07-10-18-59.png

and to that point, im a college kid who had just turned 2 when the Brewers first started using the M w/ wheat set, and I was one of the people on here leading the charge of the "powder blue" movement.  The Brewers are synonymous with their powder blue uniforms. 

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

51 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone bought or seen the new on field caps in person?

I have yet to see these drop below $39.99.

Any chance the M wheats are on deep discount anywhere? 

$31.99 on sale on the various Fanatics sites.  And I think that’s the best you’ll see; they’ll stay at that price point until Fanatics has sold out.  And since they control the bulk of online retailers....

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-new-era-navy-authentic-collection-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-36996594+p-6873949823434+z-9-1346601153

39 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

$31.99 on sale on the various Fanatics sites.  And I think that’s the best you’ll see; they’ll stay at that price point until Fanatics has sold out.  And since they control the bulk of online retailers....

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-new-era-navy-authentic-collection-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-36996594+p-6873949823434+z-9-1346601153

Let's talk about this.

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Various team stores online(Ravens, Sixers, Monumental to just name a FEW)

Various in person stores (Pirates for one)

Kitbag(also referred as Fanatics International, also based in UK

Their takeover is INSANE.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

50 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

And the NHL. Or as it's now known "NHLShop.com A Fanatics Experience"
I'm not kidding.

bQZkpm0.png

https://shop.nhl.com/

7 hours ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone bought or seen the new on field caps in person?

I have yet to see these drop below $39.99.

Any chance the M wheats are on deep discount anywhere? 

bought the main navy hat this past Saturday at the team store, the picture on the team's store webpage is wrong.  The new era flag is gold and the gold used is a more athletic gold (the picture makes it look too yellow).

8 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

bought the main navy hat this past Saturday at the team store, the picture on the team's store webpage is wrong.  The new era flag is gold and the gold used is a more athletic gold (the picture makes it look too yellow).

Thanks

For as much as fanatics has a hold on things, I just haven't seen the 2020 caps in the wild. Nothing on Instagram, or other shops selling stuff. I need some up close photos and such. 

I'm sad the surplus of M wheat hasnt hit the streets at a deep discount. I was expecting to see truck loads being sold at $9.99/cap. 

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Thanks

For as much as fanatics has a hold on things, I just haven't seen the 2020 caps in the wild. Nothing on Instagram, or other shops selling stuff. I need some up close photos and such. 

I'm sad the surplus of M wheat hasnt hit the streets at a deep discount. I was expecting to see truck loads being sold at $9.99/cap. 

If you're in or near Wisconsin, hit up the secondary retail shops (TJ Maxx, Burlington, etc.)

I know at the very beginning I hated the new BiG and wished the stuck with the barley M, but now... At this point id say ive fully embraced the entire rebrand, and I think it might be my favorite Brewers look yet.  If they add a powder blue jersey down the line then it would undoubtedly be my favorite.

I'm not quite "there" with the new BiG yet.  Can't promise I'll ever be.  I'm a lot more satisfied with this than what they've worn for the past 25 years, but I really hope we see some evolutionary tweaks to this look in the coming years.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, DiePerske said:

Let's talk about this.

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Not to mention quality is sub par and customer service is putrid. Follow fanatics help on twitter for laughs at some of the stuff people pay top dollar for and receive. Just the other day someone got a rangers knit with a giant islanders written above the logo. You’d think these billion dollar leagues and teams wouldn’t want to farm out their merchandise like this.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 12/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, DiePerske said:

Let's talk about this.

Fanatics owns:

Parent store

MLB/MLS/NBA/NFL

Lids

Fansedge

Lids becoming Fanatics upset me. There was alot of variety going on there now it's just the same as every other site. Christmas shopping sucked because every site had the same crap.

bSLCtu2.png

39 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Lids becoming Fanatics upset me. There was alot of variety going on there now it's just the same as every other site. Christmas shopping sucked because every site had the same crap.

I think this is the unfortunate byproduct of an economic system in which the largest corporations get the best financial breaks; The result is that profits and efficiency become more important than quality or creativity. You end up with less variety because producing and selling millions of a single item is much more profitable than producing and selling thousands, hundreds, or dozens of many different items. The smaller producers languish in economic purgatory until they either fold or get bought by one of the larger corporations.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

35 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I think this is the unfortunate byproduct of an economic system in which the largest corporations get the best financial breaks; The result is that profits and efficiency become more important than quality or creativity. You end up with less variety because producing and selling millions of a single item is much more profitable than producing and selling thousands, hundreds, or dozens of many different items. The smaller producers languish in economic purgatory until they either fold or get bought by one of the larger corporations.

Ironic, isn't it, that this is exactly what we were told would happen if we let the Communists win?

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2019 at 5:43 PM, NicDB said:

Ironic, isn't it, that this is exactly what we were told would happen if we let the Communists win?

Fanatics has completely ruined the experience and options for buying team apparel. I live in FL and am a Chiefs and CO sports fan (Broncos excluded obviously) and have no options since the Lids takeover.

Their foray in apparel manufacturing has also been terrible. I have waited my whole life to buy Chiefs SB gear and literally can’t find ANYTHING I like! It’s either garbage quality Fanatics gear or $200+ Nike jackets. Ridiculous!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived