Thrift Store Gems 2020

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

^ Awesome find.

I miss being able to go to thrift stores. I hope I can happen (with precautions) for me soon.

Agreed. I feel like with all the extra time people have had at home to clean and de-clutter, thrift stores would be ripe with recently donated gems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 3:48 PM, johnnysama said:

^ Awesome find.

I miss being able to go to thrift stores. I hope I can happen (with precautions) for me soon.

A few have finally opened here in Western New York! In hindsight, I should probably have been wearing a mask all these years in thrift shops just because 😅

I scored this Mitchell & Ness Sabres vest & this surprisingly tough-to-find 70's Night Sabres giveaway T-Shirt for $20 total!

Ggrpfvh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Burlington Coat Factory's new Racine locale (by that, they simply moved from the mall to where Toys R'Us used to be...gotta say the whole name lest whoever I'm talking to thinks I'm going to the other side of the county)...won't lie, I might grab one for the hell of it if they're still in stock.  They also got correctly-spelled Packers speakers atm.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

10 hours ago, Discrim said:

Burlington Coat Factory's new Racine locale (by that, they simply moved from the mall to where Toys R'Us used to be...gotta say the whole name lest whoever I'm talking to thinks I'm going to the other side of the county)...won't lie, I might grab one for the hell of it if they're still in stock.  They also got correctly-spelled Packers speakers atm.

I might need to make a drive this weekend. 

It's where I sit.

Well, I ended up leaving work early today due to a power outage that had carried over from a storm last night...and that I had no clue about until I got there and saw my coworkers standing outside for no apparent reason.  Anyway, in all honesty I wasn't in need of a speaker...but there's humor in the misspelling, so one return trip to Burlington later, I am now the proud owner of a Wisconson Badgers outdoor speaker...as well as this beaut that I got for $13...

spacer.png

If you ever wondered what I look like, there ya go.  As might be clear, I don't take all that many selfies.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 7/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, Discrim said:

Well, I ended up leaving work early today due to a power outage that had carried over from a storm last night...and that I had no clue about until I got there and saw my coworkers standing outside for no apparent reason.  Anyway, in all honesty I wasn't in need of a speaker...but there's humor in the misspelling, so one return trip to Burlington later, I am now the proud owner of a Wisconson Badgers outdoor speaker...as well as this beaut that I got for $13...

spacer.png

If you ever wondered what I look like, there ya go.  As might be clear, I don't take all that many selfies.

OK, damn. Did they have more of these? Now I REALLY gotta get to Burlington

It's where I sit.

Quite a few completely random, but interesting pickups today:

-a pair of team-issued Louisville basketball practice shorts, along with an (assuming) team-issued "Dunking Cardinal" hoodie. Practice shorts have #12 written in them and don't have an adidas year tag, but the hoodie does (2016). #12 in 2016 was Mangok Mathiang, who later played for the Greensboro Swarm - so that makes sense.

-a hoard of team-issued practice stuff from the Maine Red Claws (2 practice shorts, 2 warmup pants, 7 assorted short/long sleeve tees). All of it has the old D League (not G League) logo, and the latest adidas year tag is 2015. I'm assuming it's from a player who played with Maine in 2015-16 or 2016-17 and then came to the Swarm... except nobody fits that description. 

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Hit a few thrift shops one day last week.  For about $20 picked up a couple of hockey books and jerseys.

One jersey is a Spokane Chiefs like one but with orange, white and black; other was a bit of a surprising find - a Quad City Mallards (UHL) replica.

spacer.png

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On Saturday I found a Myles Garrett Nike Limited jersey at a Ross in Pittsburgh for only $30. It was the old style jersey which I hate, but that price for a stitched jersey? I'll take it and add it to the collection. I probably could have waited a few more weeks to see if they dropped the price more, I know Myles is not a popular guy in this area! 

T1oYViW.png

• 2 weeks later...

Found an old CCM branded White Sox jersey today for 10 bucks. Trying items on isn’t allowed right now but it was my size (large) so I figured it was worth buying. Got it home and unfortunately it’s a little too short for me to wear comfortably. If anyone is interested in it I’d be happy to send your way if you’re willing to cover shipping. 

zgebcdt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived