NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacob Eason was good but not great at UW, but showed flashes of being brilliant.

I feel like landing in Indianapolis behind Philip Rivers for a year or two is a really great situation for him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

34 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Jacob Eason was good but not great at UW, but showed flashes of being brilliant.

I feel like landing in Indianapolis behind Philip Rivers for a year or two is a really great situation for him.

The Colts still have Brissett, but there are teams that need to upgrade at backup QB.  

I don't really get the Fromm pick for Buffalo. They can win now and would be better served by an experienced backup (Dalton?) than a rookie.

Unless they're keeping out of the conference/division, which, whatever, seems a little too cute by half.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't really get the Fromm pick for Buffalo. They can win now and would be better served by an experienced backup (Dalton?) than a rookie.

Unless they're keeping out of the conference/division, which, whatever, seems a little too cute by half.

The commentary on ESPN was weird too. Especially from Mel Kiper Jr. The way he talked made it seem like he had some burning hatred for Josh Allen and loved Jake Fromm.

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think it's more a case of, best player available when you aren't sure the other players available are able to answer your needs. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The picks of Hurts and Love make no sense due to the teams that drafted them.  Then again, the drafting of Jarrett Stidham made little sense for New England last year, but now it makes a lot of sense.  With Fromm, well he might be an upgrade over Matt Barkely.  

59 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Played in the XFL with St. Louis.

Super happy the Panthers are focusing on defense. That was our biggest issue last year, and our offense will be at the very least stable under Bridgewater. Hopefully we won't be entirely incompetent facing a brutal NFC South.

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The commentary on ESPN was weird too. Especially from Mel Kiper Jr. The way he talked made it seem like he had some burning hatred for Josh Allen and loved Jake Fromm.

And that's another thing: Mel Kiper Jr. Who cares? How have his picks panned out over the past 20 years? How good a talent evaluator is he? Is he a hot take guy or what?

Also, why does he have a green screen background and everyone else their office or dining room or whatever?

Mel Kiper sux.

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think it's more a case of, best player available when you aren't sure the other players available are able to answer your needs. 

Watching the Draft, I forget who it was, but they said that Fromm likely wasn’t even on Buffalo’s “big board”, but it was a case of exactly this

Just now, GDAWG said:

Matt Breida traded to Miami from San Francisco.  Niners also trade Marquis Goodwin for Eagles.

Breida makes sense with all of the RBs there. Goodwin, I'm not so sure about. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I thought that if Philly was looking for a backup for Wentz, it would be someone younger than McCown but someone who's had NFL experience.  There's a former league MVP (Newton), former Super Bowl MVP (Flacco) and the league's passing yards (and sadly interceptions) leader (Winston) out there, although the first two have injury concerns.  

Flacco would have made sense.  Cam Newton would be the worst backup QB in the league because he wouldn't accept it, no matter what he says.  Winston is just bad.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

A little much don’t you think?

absolutely not!  He literally dove head first, with 300lbs of force behind him, directly into Wentz's head.  I think having his neck snap in two is actually light.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived