NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, heavybass said:

This is Sterling kinds of brouhaha so expect something major.

Sterling said the n-word during pillow talk with a mistress. This is drugs (not talking about Jay Gruden smoking pot at a nightclub, probably worse) and endemic rape if what I'm led to believe is what they are going to report happened. A bit different in severity. Still, I'm weary of people in all kinds and angles of journalism in this era of social media promising epic breaking stories and coming away underwhelmed. That's why I want to get some actual reporting to analyze before saying a thing. That's just me, though. 

Just now, Red Comet said:

Sterling said the n-word during pillow talk with a mistress. This is drugs (not talking about Jay Gruden smoking pot at a nightclub, probably worse) and endemic rape if what I'm led to believe is what they are going to report happened. Still, I'm weary of people in all kinds and angles of journalism in this era of social media promising epic breaking stories and coming away underwhelmed. That's why I want to get some actual reporting to analyze before saying a thing. That's just me, though. 

Not if the unconfirmed rumors of Snyder betting against the team and bribing the refs to cover it up are true?

1 minute ago, heavybass said:

Not if the unconfirmed rumors of Snyder betting against the team and bribing the refs to cover it up are true?

If that's what is happening then yeah, that is a very big deal. Scandal of the Century kind of big deal. I just want to see the story drop before I really say a thing. Personal preference, honestly. 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:34 AM, AustinFromBoston said:

That's nice, are there any decent (and cheap) hotels around the area? And is there any kind of shuttle service? 

There's quite a few hotels in the vicinity. I'm sure for game days the prices are much higher. As for shuttle I'm not sure but I'm guessing some of the fancier hotels that usually have such things probably would. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I wonder what happened with New Era.

The honeymoon period ended last year when they closed their local manufacturing plant. Now, the bare minimum for MLB is done in Florida, and the rest was sent overseas. The latest outrage was caused by laying off a bunch of people from their Buffalo HQ as soon as possible after taking a PPP loan.

11 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The honeymoon period ended last year when they closed their local manufacturing plant. Now, the bare minimum for MLB is done in Florida, and the rest was sent overseas. The latest outrage was caused by laying off a bunch of people from their Buffalo HQ as soon as possible after taking a PPP loan.

Trash company. Good riddance.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived