NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw the tweet from the guy who said Jackson would have been fine if he blurred out Hitler's name because the quote was right, Hitler was just evil is gone now. Well, it was there!

For posterity in case it disappears:

@ozaze_odiase
You realize of desean blurred out hitters name, there would've been 0 problems right. The quote itself is true, but hitler was evil so it's overshadowing the quote.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Even if you truly believe it in your heart, why the hell would you post something like that? And now others are doubling down on it...this world has truly gone mad. 

There is never a good time for this but this couldn't be a worse time, given the state of racial tensions. 

Posting political opinions on social media in general is a dicey proposition and that's if you're an average person.

Why would you as a pro athlete with potentially millions on the line think "You know what my 1.4 million followers on Instagram need? An inspirational Hitler quote!" and then hit post?

Money doesn't buy happiness and it sure doesn't seem to buy common sense. 

I heard they're going to force Deshawn to watch Auschwitz or WW2 documentaries in the team complex, but that may have been a joke.  Looking for info.  They should throw his dumb ass on a plane and have him take a personal tour of Auschwitz or Dachau and then see how he feels.  Send the other idiots over there too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why pay for his plane ticket? I assume he has the money and the personal passport to fly over to Warsaw on his own money and time. He'll have plenty of it once the Eagles decide not to renew his contract. 

Also, if he's so stupid that he posted what he posted, how is he going to have the cognitive capacity to realize the horrors that occurred in the Nazi death camps and learn from it? Right now, I'm convinced he'd just think he had a fun time in another country.

EDIT: And in other news that isn't revealing that you should think before you post (or open your mouth in Stephen Jackson's case) , the Kansas City Chiefs are issuing refunds for season ticket holders who can't appear in person on a per game basis

Ex-Chief Larry Johnson's picking up where D. Jackson left off.  Marquise Goodwin's getting attacked because he's wondering what Jackson said wrong. The number of people defending Jackson is incredibly disheartening.

Edit: attacked might be the wrong word for Goodwin since it implies he doesn't deserve it, which he does. 

IUe6Hvh.png

20 minutes ago, Olmec said:

10-12 years ago, I would have never imagined this kind of stuff would become so mainstream on social media. Where the heck do we go from here...

In this era of social media, the clowns aren't content with being clowns. Only being the entire circus can gratify their narcissism anymore.

When does it end? Oh, I don't think we've gotten started yet. 

I think it would be funny to be a really incompetent hotep, like, you go around telling people "nobody knows the truth that Michael Jordan was black," or wonder why Jews control the rabbi industry.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, several teams have announced limited seating at their games. 

Baltimore expecting 14,000 at most. Kansas City not setting a limit but expecting very few and only current season ticket holders who are applying their 2020 payments to 2021 are eligible to have the few tickets for this season.

Nothing from Cleveland. But with Cuyahoga County now in the red phase, which restricts a lot and requires mandatory mask use I'm expecting news soon on their plans. 

I've already let them know I'll gladly be one to give up my seats for next year because my wife has asthma and I'm not about to deal with the hoops to jump through aren't going to be worth the risk. The team told me they expected news last week that never happened. 

Any other news from other teams? 

4 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

So, several teams have announced limited seating at their games. 

Baltimore expecting 14,000 at most. Kansas City not setting a limit but expecting very few and only current season ticket holders who are applying their 2020 payments to 2021 are eligible to have the few tickets for this season.

Nothing from Cleveland. But with Cuyahoga County now in the red phase, which restricts a lot and requires mandatory mask use I'm expecting news soon on their plans. 

I've already let them know I'll gladly be one to give up my seats for next year because my wife has asthma and I'm not about to deal with the hoops to jump through aren't going to be worth the risk. The team told me they expected news last week that never happened. 

Any other news from other teams? 

Phila (not all of PA) and NJ require masks both indoors and outdoors, but I don't trust the average NFL fan to adhere to that, so I don't expect any fans in either location.  Allegheny County, where Pittsburgh is located, is seeing another rise in cases, so while it's far less dense than Phila, it won't shock me if that order reaches there too.  I'm just not sure how you separate people in stands, and people will certainly go with their friends that they're not quarantining with, which kinda defeats the purpose of distancing anyway.

I'm surprised about Baltimore planning to allow fans, but until it actually happens, it hasn't happened.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, Red Comet said:

In this era of social media, the clowns aren't content with being clowns. Only being the entire circus can gratify their narcissism anymore.

When does it end? Oh, I don't think we've gotten started yet. 

It's Farrakhan's influence that's produced this. Anti-semitism in the African-American community seems commonplace within influential circles, due to the continued influence Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam have throughout the system. I got a nice hint of his power when I read Ben Westhoff's Original Gangstas, which I highly recommend. 

It also gives me an excuse to post this:

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It's Farrakhan's influence that's produced this. Anti-semitism in the African-American community seems commonplace within influential circles, due to the continued influence Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam have throughout the system. I got a nice hint of his power when I read Ben Westhoff's Original Gangstas, which I highly recommend. 

It also gives me an excuse to post this:

Nation of Islam is a fascinating rabbit hole to go down (like the Yakub myth), but apparently JJ Watt is considering sitting out the season if the NFL makes him wear a Bill Cow-er I mean, spit shield.

He's not citing any goofy conspiracy nonsense, he's saying that he feels it would impact his on-field performance. 

Oh dear.  Eagles owner Jeff Lurie, who is a film producer, just finished filming a documentary called "The Meaning of Hitler".  What amazing timing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29435332/eagles-owner-jeffrey-lurie-documentary-film-company-finishes-meaning-hitler

Also - Stephen Jackson quoted today saying "I don't know nothin 'bout Hitler".  I think that says everything you need to know about these athletes.

Archived