NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, TBGKon said:

True but the point in the article I read used the Cowboys and Rams schedules as comparisons.  A second venue would help

Is the Raiders stadium turf? I'm assuming it would be if you're looking at possibly 3 teams using it for a whole season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is the Raiders stadium turf? I'm assuming it would be if you're looking at possibly 3 teams using it for a whole season. 

Everything I have read says Grass for Raiders games and Turf for UNLV, so it must be a combo like the Tottenham Stadium in London.

When asked about playing in empty stadiums, Melvin Gordon (referring to the Chargers) said “Bro, we didn’t have fans anyway.”

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

someone needs to teach him how to use all caps effectively. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Former NFL executive Joe Lockhart: "No teams wanted to sign [Kaepernick] whom they saw as controversial, and, therefore, bad for business."

Joe Lockhart - the National Football League's former Vice President of Communications who now serves as a CNN analyst - has penned a column for the news network in which he says that Colin Kaepernick's NFL career ended because none of the league's franchises "wanted to sign a player - even one as talented as Kaepernick - whom they saw as controversial, and therefore bad for business."

Lockhart also alleges that "an executive from one team that considered signing Kaepernick told me the team projected losing 20% of their season ticket holders if they did. That was a business risk no team was willing to take". 

Says Lockhart, "The symbol of racial injustice was reinforced every day that Colin sat on the outside of the football world. It may have seemed like a good business decision for the clubs to not sign him, and it certainly wasn't illegal, but it was wrong."

He also suggests that "the owners of the Minnesota Vikings, Zygi and Mark Wills, can send a strong message by offering Colin Kaepernick a contract to play with the Vikings." His belief is that "it will not solve the problem of blacks and police violence. But it will recognize the problem that Kaepernick powerfully raised, and perhaps show that, with courage, real progress can be made." 

The Seahawks were best positioned to absorb the heat of signing Kap and they didn't. It was shameful then and remains so now.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I always though it was pretty obvious the Kaepernick was blackballed out out the league. 

Granted he did himself no favors when he turned his few opportunities in a media frenzy. 

But would a team like the Jags or Bears have really been worse with him? 

The Bears would have signed him already if he had been a Tight end.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29267531/bills-rookie-qb-jake-fromm-apologizes-elite-white-people-text

Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Jake Fromm apologized Thursday after screenshots emerged of a text conversation in which he said only "elite white people" should be able to purchase guns.

He'll get along nicely with Josh Allen.  So much character in that Bills QB room.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Rolling out one old dumpster for a shiny new dumpster, doesn't change the fact it's still a dumpster. 

And to be clear, I'm just referring to their management (or lackthereof) the team. 

They're trying to put lipstick on a lion. It still has sharp teeth and the Lions are rudderless and toothless.

:censored:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived