Long Island Nets -- Ugliest Basketball Uniforms Ever?

I was flipping around the dial yesterday, reached NBATV and saw these in action.  My eyes still hurt.

spacer.png

These appear to be one-offs, but I couldn't find the story behind them in a quick search.

Also, the shorts are just as bad.  I took a few quick pictures of the screen with my phone that I may try to upload later.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

P.S.  It was apparently a cancer awareness promotion.

Here is a picture of the full uniform in all of its glory(?).

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

They're just a couple of color changes from being the Trivial Pursuit Nets...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Somehow still better than the 905’s jersey (still one of the dumbest names in all of sports, there’s literally 5 different numbers on the front of their jersey, why they couldn’t just be the Hamilton or wherever the play Raptors is beyond me)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I kinda like them. They are FAAAAR from the ugliest jerseys ever. Sure the execution of the patch work could be better, but I'll take these over other G-League one-off crap ...

9958875.jpg 9958865.jpg10518503.jpg9958869.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Wow, I am woefully uninformed regarding G-League one-offs.

I was about to go on this whole thing about how could this be the Long Island Nets since they left in the 70's...then I realized I forgot there was a G League team on the Island.  

Maybe they're planning on wearing them to Jones Beach later since they look like terrible beachwear. 

Save for the advert on the stomach, these aren't too bad as a one-off. I wish there was a better color balance on the tops like the right leg of the shorts. But overall, they're not horrible. I mean, we've seen worse in pro sports in the 90s-00s. *cough*LA Burger Kings*cough*

On 3/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

LI nets out here cosplaying as persona dionysus

latest?cb=20190328152501

It been a long time since I played Persona or SMT.. How the heck did I get that reference?

Also the Power Rangers jersey looks dumb. I will take one of each ranger please..

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

Archived