Best college football uniforms

Professional sports, especially the NFL, get a lot of love and discussion when it comes to uniform aesthetics so I wanted to create a topic specifically for college football uniforms and history. Some of my favorites are:

DIII: Almost the entire MIAC because they mostly have old, private, religious schools that have traditional aesthetics. If I had to narrow down my three favorite, it would be the Concordia Cobbers, St. John's Johnnies and St. Thomas Tommies

isOLxkd.jpg

KvsexTP.jpg

spacer.png

DII: Minnesota State. They've come a long ways since Adam Thielen suited up for the Mavs

spacer.png

FCS: North Dakota State and Montana

spacer.png

spacer.png

FBS: There are a lot of classics but so I'm going to narrow it down to LSU because watching Joe Burrow on the draft coverage is what inspired me to make this anyways. I love the color balance, the shoulder stripes and the uniqueness of white at home

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

My favorites since I was 6 years old

Iowa went from the toilet to the Big Ten title in 2004 | The Gazette

I actually wish they would go with these (with yellow pants) full time to separate themselves from the Steelers uniforms.  Something on the sleeves would be nice, though.

1541_h.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Here are my top picks from the current Power 5.

B1G: As an alum of THE Ohio State I adore our classic gray sleeved set more than maybe any other uniform in college, but that's homerism. I am less into Iowa's Steeler copying but it remains a good design.

Make these alts the primary (I'd prefer white TV numbers, but this is still much better than the current primary).

ZIButWzoyMxdNWp-800x450-noPad.jpg?157598

TTUN, I must admit, has a great traditional look. All I ask is they stop putting stickers on their already perfect helmet. I firmly believe Ohio State is the only school doing stickers correctly. 

FBL18_Maryland_eb_148_.JPG

The white version is kinda heinous but this throwback was underrated.

124586759.jpg

The all white set is a bit too white for me, but Penn State has an iconic and understated look.

2555252_102217pennstate.jpg?w=1280&r=16:

Indiana looks good when they avoid monochrome, and I love the script helmet logo when they use it.

20180922_FB_MSU_0218_MCM.JPG

SEC: You already mentioned LSU, which has a gorgeous look even if I think white at home is a crime given their beautiful color scheme. I also like Auburn, Tennessee (orange & white is my favorite underused color scheme), and honorable mention to both of Mississippi's schools. I wouldn't change anything about Bama's look, it just isn't my favorite.

AP_19244133271712.jpg

209198_20180910_FB_ETSU_MN080.jpg

PAC 12: Since switching to color on color, UCLA v USC has become arguably the best looking game of the year every year. Most of the conference seems fairly trendy, though, which keeps them out of my top picks. Washington has great colors and a perfect helmet, but haven't quite nailed the jersey design.

la-1542513805-e0ue1gn3va-snap-image

BIG 12: Texas is an obvious choice, and their traditional uniforms allow their signature color to shine. Kansas State has less legacy but deserve praise for their uniforms.

usatsi_11434818-2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

1191519760.jpg.0.jpg

ACC: Clemson overuses the monochrome orange but it's acceptable. Their white pants are traditional but I feel like they are missing a purple stripe. Their orange white orange combo is easily their best IMO (despite the context of the pic below). UNC is beautiful, enough said. FSU's light gold doesn't bother me and I prefer gold numbers. Duke, Miami, and Virginia all have solid looks at the moment as well. 

ngcb4

Rene_Dorn_gt_272.jpg

florida-state-seminoles-13288197.jpg

2 hours ago, See Red said:

I actually wish they would go with these (with yellow pants) full time to separate themselves from the Steelers uniforms.  Something on the sleeves would be nice, though.

1541_h.jpg

Yeah! those actually don't look half bad. Just gotta put some stripes on the sleeves and pants. Then they would look really nice

My 10, in no particular order as well:

Current North Carolina

EJ Manuel Era Florida State

ASU Sparky Era

Georgia

USC

Old School UCLA

Ohio State Current throwbacks (black shoulder numbers)

Michigan 

LSU

The one-offs for the Army/Navy game last couple years have been OUTSTANDING, hard to pick one

On 4/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Favorite from the Power 5

ACC: Clemson (two favorite colors)

B1G: Wisconsin (even without my bias I still think they look the best in the Big Ten)

Big 12: Kansas State

PAC 12: UCLA

SEC: Florida

I'll see your Wisconsin and raise you the team from which Barry Alvarez borrowed Wisconsin's look.  

GettyImages-1060905756_1541827695135_102

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 4/22/2020 at 12:12 PM, pianoknight said:

I'll see your Wisconsin and raise you the team from which Barry Alvarez borrowed Wisconsin's look.  

GettyImages-1060905756_1541827695135_102

That's right. I forget that we wore green and pink uniforms before Barry arrived.

It's where I sit.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:09 PM, ProfessorBigShots said:

5b8b2f72c0f58.image.jpg?resize=1200,819

Wyoming have absolutely beautiful uniforms to me.

Agreed. Add LSU (purple jersey/gold pants), and Florida State. 

I wouldn't submit my school for best uniforms, but our logo has gotta be Top 10 at least.

spacer.png

Throw in  Top 10 stadium and Top 3 mascot, and I can live with the uniforms.

spacer.png

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yes - the famed Crimson and Grey of OSU.

Oh wait ....

Did they actually darken the red for this set? Because some photos under the lights look pretty scarlet to me. Perhaps it's just an illusion against the black.

61730_h.jpg

Archived