canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

On 8/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, gothedistance said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the Patriots wear white tops against the Dolphins. I know they haven't worn white at Gillette in a really long time now, but the timing of the game appears in a time when it looks like it could be warm in Foxborough. Belichick doesn't miss on details like this, such as advantage in warmer weather.

 

The Patriots have worn white once (2010) for Week 1 home day games with Belichick as head coach. Maybe he's not really worried about it. 

 

edit: Twice...forgot about 2008 as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Patriots have worn white once (2010) for Week 1 home day games with Belichick as head coach. Maybe he's not really worried about it. 

They have worn white at home as late as Week 3 a couple times (the 2008 Wildcat Dolphins game, for instance).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan10 said:

They have worn white at home as late as Week 3 a couple times (the 2008 Wildcat Dolphins game, for instance).

 

Ok fair...though that 2008 game against Miami really didn't work out for the Pats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 11:15 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like there was something in that Ram's reveal that stated that the only official combinations would be blue over blue, blue over yellow, and dishwater over dishwater. I could be wrong and/or misremembering.

Dishwater 😄😄😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

They have worn white at home as late as Week 3 a couple times (the 2008 Wildcat Dolphins game, for instance).

 

That same year, 2008, week 1 against the Chiefs. The game when Brady went down for the year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Washington not pulling the stunt anymore? 

 

I didn't think the Rams would force the Cowboys in navy again, considering the Rams lost to Dallas twice the last two times the Cowboys were in the navy against them.

 

I wanted one of the Bengals or Ravens to try pulling the stunt on Dallas. 3 teams on the Cowboys schedule this year, the Seahawks, Ravens, and Bengals will remain as the only teams who have not worn white against Dallas, whether at home or away against the Cowboys. Kansas City is one of the other ones.

 

Baltimore and Cincinnati do have a chance to play Dallas more, if the 17 game regular season becomes a thing. 

 

I'm guessing that because Dallas was in blue so much, they only wore the regular whites 6 times in 2019, they would be in white more in 2020 to compensate for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This probably doesn't mean anything. But it's interesting though. https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/(Washington Football Team)/(Washington Football Team)-dc-jack-del-rio-endorses-all-white-uniforms-start-2020-season

 

That was before the (Washington Football Team) name was removed. Before Guice got arrested and released by the team.

 

Rivera is open minded. I can see him following Del Rio's desire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

This probably doesn't mean anything. But it's interesting though. https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/(Washington Football Team)/(Washington Football Team)-dc-jack-del-rio-endorses-all-white-uniforms-start-2020-season

 

That was before the (Washington Football Team) name was removed. Before Guice got arrested and released by the team.

 

Rivera is open minded. I can see him following Del Rio's desire.

I feel like this year Washington will just stick with burgundy/white at home and white/burgundy on the road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots with the silver pants from the last set look great with both sets. Wouldn’t mind seeing the silver on the road for a game or two (I like the navy a lot more, but the silver is nice too). Need to bully the Patriots into fixing this in 2021.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what NFLfan said. Since the Patriots don't have light pants, only the navy pants, it wouldn't do New England well to wear the all blue in the home opener. When it's warm this time of the year.

 

Is this the pants New England is actually going to wear? Not the one that the players posed in the model photos? https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NXZbJp-_e/?utm_source=ig_embed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

I agree with what NFLfan said. Since the Patriots don't have light pants, only the navy pants, it wouldn't do New England well to wear the all blue in the home opener. When it's warm this time of the year.

 

Is this the pants New England is actually going to wear? Not the one that the players posed in the model photos? https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NXZbJp-_e/?utm_source=ig_embed

Yes it’s been confirmed the ones White is wearing are the real ones. They’re even in Madden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed in the Jets' scrimmage, the team in the white on green combination was wearing the solid white socks with the green pants. Maybe this will stick around in the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

I'm more interested in that chrome Ravens helmet in the thumbnail. What's going on there?

That is the raiders new stadium ceiling that is gloss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Panthers revealed their 2020 jersey schedule:

spacer.png

 

No pants revealed, though I imagine they'll be white with white and blue and black with black. Weeks 2 & 3 are on the road, 6 at home. Week 8 is the first home game in black, Weeks 1 & 4 are white at home, I'm really looking forward to the Week 2 game at Tampa Bay, the blue should look very good against the new Bucs set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, QCS said:

The Panthers revealed their 2020 jersey schedule:

spacer.png

 

No pants revealed, though I imagine they'll be white with white and blue and black with black. Weeks 2 & 3 are on the road, 6 at home. Week 8 is the first home game in black, Weeks 1 & 4 are white at home, I'm really looking forward to the Week 2 game at Tampa Bay, the blue should look very good against the new Bucs set.

I wonder if the Chargers are opening/the roof and wearing white in their new stadium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.