2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

Did the Chiefs stop wearing the all red? Because they bust those out for prime-time games. Or did they just reduce them for 1 less game? The last two times KC wore all red they lost, to the Colts and Chargers. I see KC wearing the same combo they won the SB with to start the year, and not wear the all red too soon.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the Patriots wear white tops against the Dolphins. I know they haven't worn white at Gillette in a really long time now, but the timing of the game appears in a time when it looks like it could be warm in Foxborough. Belichick doesn't miss on details like this, such as advantage in warmer weather.

I'll also take a wild guess and predict the Falcons to wear their black jerseys with white pants. The pants do make a difference with the players and how comfortable they are in the games. Especially earlier in the season. But this all depends on who makes the decisions on the uniform selection.

Is there a chance Washington wears white for the home opener, to combat the heat, against the Eagles? They have Rivera as coach now. If he isn't the one making the choices on the uniforms, someone else is.

Baltimore wore white for their home opener the last two years. I think the Ravens will do it again. But what pants will it be with?

The Bengals wore black, black jerseys and black pants, for their home opener against the 49ers last year. In the heat, when it was a hot time of the year. Did Cincinnati learn their lesson? Was it Zac Taylor's choice? When Marvin Lewis was coach, the team wore white for the home opener when it was during the day and within the first two weeks.

New Orleans used to wear white at home for their first 3 or 4 games, prior to 2017. Since that time, the only time the Saints wore white at home, aside from the throwbacks, was the MNF game against Washington in 2018.

Dallas wore navy blue when they visited the Rams in 2008 and 2014. The Rams lost to the Cowboys the last two times Dallas wore navy blue against them, one of those being last year at Dallas. I think the LA Rams will go with their navy blue jerseys this time.

The Giants wear their color rush for prime-time games. But it would be too soon to wear them in the game against the Steelers. They have another MNF game against Tampa Bay, so it'll be more likely the game against the Buccaneers.

Tennessee wore the all white combo in 2018 against Dallas and Houston, on a Monday night. I think they'll do the same here, in Denver.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two biggest pet peeves, and it's not even close....gray face-masks and teams that wear WHITE at home. The field is in your home colors....the stadium is in your home colors...the fans are wearing your home colors....and you wear white. GTFO. 🤬

15 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Did the Chiefs stop wearing the all red? Because they bust those out for prime-time games. Or did they just reduce them for 1 less game? The last two times KC wore all red they lost, to the Colts and Chargers. I see KC wearing the same combo they won the SB with to start the year, and not wear the all red too soon.

Doubt they wear it in the opener. Probably a later season primetime game. Wk13 vs. DEN?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the Patriots wear white tops against the Dolphins. I know they haven't worn white at Gillette in a really long time now, but the timing of the game appears in a time when it looks like it could be warm in Foxborough. Belichick doesn't miss on details like this, such as advantage in warmer weather.

I could also see this happening for some reason. Something about white/aqua vs. navy/navy just seems off on opening weekend.

I'll also take a wild guess and predict the Falcons to wear their black jerseys with white pants. The pants do make a difference with the players and how comfortable they are in the games. Especially earlier in the season. But this all depends on who makes the decisions on the uniform selection.

I will be shocked if this game is anything but white/navy vs. black/black.

Dallas wore navy blue when they visited the Rams in 2008 and 2014. The Rams lost to the Cowboys the last two times Dallas wore navy blue against them, one of those being last year at Dallas. I think the LA Rams will go with their navy blue jerseys this time.

I'm not sure how much of the staff was involved with those previous games or even remembers the jersey colors worn. Gonna guess we get a hideous navy/silver vs. bone/bone.

Lots of good points with the rest of what you said!

GUD has one combo filled out for Week 1 right now and it's the Dolphins in white on white. I doubt this is credible. The Dolphins tend to announce their combos on gameday, and after they upset the Pats in last season's finale in aqua pants, I could see them wearing those again, assuming the Patriots don't wear white like some are speculating.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2020&week=1&league=NFL

On 8/21/2020 at 4:23 PM, Ark said:

Teddy Bridgewater is wearing a green jersey for some reason but this looks great

r734344_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

this was a bit of fan stir last week.  Panthers QBs always have worn red practice jerseys.  this season new coach Rhule prefers to have ineligible (injured) players of any position wear red.  QBs will sport green jerseys to stand out from the black, white, and blues during practice.  many Cam fans were upset that some of the red injured jerseys being worn one on day had (Cam's) #1 on them, and thought it was a organizational "dig" at Cam.

https://www.panthers.com/news/2020-training-camp-observations-long-physical-practice

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

6 hours ago, pagan696 said:

this was a bit of fan stir last week.  Panthers QBs always have worn red practice jerseys.  this season new coach Rhule prefers to have ineligible (injured) players of any position wear red.  QBs will sport green jerseys to stand out from the black, white, and blues during practice.  many Cam fans were upset that some of the red injured jerseys being worn one on day had (Cam's) #1 on them, and thought it was a organizational "dig" at Cam.

https://www.panthers.com/news/2020-training-camp-observations-long-physical-practice

Isn't the point of the QBs wearing red to stand out? Isn't that green too similar to the blue jerseys to have the same effect?

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

20 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Isn't the point of the QBs wearing red to stand out? Isn't that green too similar to the blue jerseys to have the same effect?

yes, made no sense to me and long time fans of the team, and has not endeared the new coach. some speculated it was a nod to his previous Baylor comfort zone... who knows

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

4 hours ago, pagan696 said:

yes, made no sense to me and long time fans of the team, and has not endeared the new coach. some speculated it was a nod to his previous Baylor comfort zone... who knows

Right there with ya. It still pains me to see Teddy Treadwater in the uniform that once belonged to the MVP.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Funny that Sherman Williams calls the Eagles midnight green "blue peacock".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Funny that Sherman Williams calls the Eagles midnight green "blue peacock".

I've always thought that there was too much blue in the Eagles midnight green. It's funny that there is more blue than green in the RGB values.

Archived