Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

I’ve always thought Washington could be capable of finding a happy medium between Minnesota and USC uniforms

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yes I think Washington could pull off a darker grey uniform 

Yes I’d be fine with Washington using a black facemask like Minnesota al a Vikings (coincidentally)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd definitely prefer a dark gray uniform as a color rush/alternate to the all yellow ones that were proposed a few years ago. As for the black facemask, I don't think it makes much sense. Gray or yellow/gold would look much better in my opinion.

Would love for Washington to go with a grey mask. The helmet would be amazing. As much as I'd love for them to keep it, it's too good. Allow me to explain. It looks like a classic you'd see along with the Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc. But it's not. It was made in 2020. Modernize it a bit, but throw a gray facemask on it and it is truly one of today's great helmets.

fiowXOD.png

41 minutes ago, 1insaneguy said:

I'd definitely prefer a dark gray uniform as a color rush/alternate to the all yellow ones that were proposed a few years ago. As for the black facemask, I don't think it makes much sense. Gray or yellow/gold would look much better in my opinion.

I think for a gold facemask to work, the new logo would need to be predominantly gold for balance purposes.

Grey is a safe call choice. Can’t really go wrong with it. It’s (ironically) the gold standard of facemasks

As for black, I don’t know how, but the University of Minnesota somehow manages to pull off a wonderfully executed helmet with it. Washington has similar, if not the exact same, colors.

spacer.png

IF gold facemask then should be white numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Eh it works in the same way as Alabama’s helmet. 

It's completely different than Alabama's helmet. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's completely different than Alabama's helmet. 

For some reason in my head I had Alabama with a white facemask so it was literally just two colors on a helmet like Washington. Honest mistake. However, I don’t see the need to make the numbers white.

I think it's more balanced for them if white is on the helmet.  I consider white one of their colors, not just a "color they have to have".

There are some teams that only use white because they have to, whether it's for contrast, or the mandatory color of away jerseys.  While WTF fancies themselves as "burgundy and gold", I think they use enough white in areas where it's not necessary to consider it a third color for them.  Therefore, due to the overall color balance, and my desire for all three of their colors to be on their helmet, either the numbers should be white, there should be a white stripe, or (I'll settle for) the facemask should be gray, which isn't white, but is kinda sorta like dirty white, and it's a third color and white facemasks suck so I'll treat gray like it's white.

Currently in the midst of a twitter feud with someone who wants the team to change to “Washington FC” and their entire purpose behind it is to undermine the change being made by allowing fans to continue calling them the “R*******” because “everyone would know what fans want and nobody can say anything about it”

There’s no hope.

38 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Currently in the midst of a twitter feud with someone who wants the team to change to “Washington FC” and their entire purpose behind it is to undermine the change being made by allowing fans to continue calling them the “R*******” because “everyone would know what fans want and nobody can say anything about it”

There’s no hope.

Give it time.  Some bigots will stubbornly hold on, but most people will embrace the future.  

44 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Currently in the midst of a twitter feud

maybe don't engage?

49 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

There’s no hope

One day everyone that remembers them playing as the slurs will be dead and only a very small amount of people will refer to them by their former name. That name will just be an example of how far society has come since the backwardness of the 2020s. Death is inevitable so we might as well find comfort in it somehow

Archived