MLS Expansion Club St Louis City SC Unveils Name and Logo

gosioux76

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

For the record, the Louligans' support of Lazersnakes has been entirely tongue in cheek. They also make references to chupacabras in at least one of the gameday songs, so these are largely a nod to the local supporters culture. 

Assuredly, but I wanted to provide some context as to why Lazer Snakes was even a suggestion.  

I dunno where the Capybaras one came from, though, but I actually really dig that logo.

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

Pizzash!te FC

Anyone who has ever tried St. Louis style pizza will agree that this name is entirely appropriate.  

For the time that I lived in StL County people could tell that I wasn't a native based off my aversion to Imo's (even though Imo's also has a location in the hometown where I grew up). But, in fairness, there is some dang good pizza in St. Louis. But that good pizza isn't Imo's. 

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I actually like it. To each their own.

I'm with you. I personally love it, but that's because I have been eating it for over 30 years. Everyone likes the pizza they grew up on.

I think it is funny how divisive pizza styles are with people, especially provel cheese. 

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

Pizzash!te FC

Anyone who has ever tried St. Louis style pizza will agree that this name is entirely appropriate.  

It really is a love it or hate it situation. I love most things about STL, but the pizza is trash. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I loved the AC St. Louis shape. I made an MLS concept based on that crest a few years ago, which I actually never posted anywhere.

dUny2dN.png

I don’t hate it but I would drop football club. I think STL Athletic or Saint (St.) Louis Athletic is fine on its own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

I'm with you. I personally love it, but that's because I have been eating it for over 30 years. Everyone likes the pizza they grew up on.

I think it is funny how divisive pizza styles are with people, especially provel cheese. 

And I only moved here recently. I was skeptical at first, but I've come to appreciate Imo's. It's not for everyone, and it's not something I'd order every time I eat pizza, but every now and then I crave it. 

Also, so not to fully pizza-jack this thread, MLS4TheLou released a bunch of other names that didn't make the cut.

https://twitter.com/MLS4theLou/status/1287852785552314368?s=20

Also, also: I clearly do not know how to embed a tweet in this message board, despite all my years of trying. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

And I only moved here recently. I was skeptical at first, but I've come to appreciate Imo's. It's not for everyone, and it's not something I'd order every time I eat pizza, but every now and then I crave it. 

Also, so not to fully pizza-jack this thread, MLS4TheLou released a bunch of other names that didn't make the cut.

https://twitter.com/MLS4theLou/status/1287852785552314368?s=20

Also, also: I clearly do not know how to embed a tweet in this message board, despite all my years of trying. 

Ya, this is the second tweet for names they're not going with. Ravioli Boyz made me chuckle.

And here's the embedded tweet:

• Like 2

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

11 hours ago, WideRight said:

That is a really nice spin on Juve.  Kind of hoping they go with something like "Lou City" or "Lou Racing" just to see the look on British faces when they hear that one.  

Oh! I've heard people suggest St. Louis City (which is fine but would seem to exclude St. Louis County and other STL metro areas, which could be a bad move), but nobody has mentioned Lou City being the full name as far as I know. I really like that. Especially since the whole movement for the team has been called #MLS4TheLou

MZnWkGU.png

7 hours ago, Maroon said:

Oh! I've heard people suggest St. Louis City (which is fine but would seem to exclude St. Louis County and other STL metro areas, which could be a bad move), but nobody has mentioned Lou City being the full name as far as I know. I really like that. Especially since the whole movement for the team has been called #MLS4TheLou

But isn’t this essentially what they call back-to-back USL champions Louisville City? Would seem odd to take that name.

7 hours ago, Maroon said:

Oh! I've heard people suggest St. Louis City (which is fine but would seem to exclude St. Louis County and other STL metro areas, which could be a bad move),

Especially because the divide between St. Louis City and St. Louis County is a real thing. I suspect most fans of St. Louis City live in St. Louis County.

I thought Gateway City had a nice sound to it, kinda reminds me of Crystal Palace.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

31 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Especially because the divide between St. Louis City and St. Louis County is a real thing. I suspect most fans of St. Louis City live in St. Louis County.

I thought Gateway City had a nice sound to it, kinda reminds me of Crystal Palace.

A year ago, the region was debating a highly flawed campaign to merge the city and county. (The issue remains valid; the campaign was flawed.) Had that come to fruition, this might be the one city that could’ve justified being a “United” franchise.

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

AC St. Louis is definitely a favorite of mine, or Athletique St. Louis/AS St. Louis FC. I think a Ligue 1-style name could be good, especially since the French Canadians screwed the pooch there. RC St. Louis, OGC St. Louis, and (if the IOC allows) St. Louis OSC.

I'm always down for all things French, but St. Louis to me, especially as far as its long-established soccer culture goes, is just as much German, Italian, and Irish as it is French. I'd say to call 'em "Ball-Kickin' Ethnic Catholics United," but I guess now they have a lot of soccer-playing Bosniaks, too.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫