slats7

Just curious - was this due to the 'Lucas Rule' or was there more?  I just noticed that the Lucas Rule isn't actually in writing, but since it's almost always a derailer, it probably should be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just curious - was this due to the 'Lucas Rule' or was there more?  I just noticed that the Lucas Rule isn't actually in writing, but since it's almost always a derailer, it probably should be.

What's the Lucas Rule?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

28 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

What's the Lucas Rule?

Paul Lukas (Uniwatch.com founder) has been a longtime lightning rod in the whole "logo community". If you want to know why, I'd suggest going to his Twitter or reading articles on his site. Beyond that, I have nothing to say on the matter.

19 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

If you want to know why, I'd suggest going to his Twitter or reading articles on his site.

Maybe you could explain it a little more. I've been reading his blog since the beginning and I rarely find anything there that would be out of place here.

2 minutes ago, JustForFun said:

Maybe you could explain it a little more. I've been reading his blog since the beginning and I rarely find anything there that would be out of place here.

His fans and his detractors are often greatly at odds here. Anything he says doesn't need to be brought up here, as it leads to torches and pitchforks, so it's best if he just isn't brought up.  It's sort of like politics in that manner.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

It's where I sit.

yeah that's it.  You could be talking about the weather, and someone will throw in a shot at PL out of left field for some reason, which invariably derails the convo into people bashing him for the oddest reasons, and people defending him.  It's exactly like a political comment.  The "rule" shouldn't be that he can't be mentioned, but it should be in the context of "got this from the UW blog", or "PL pointed out that the [team] changed it's stripes" or something like that.  The funny thing is that the haters are religious readers of his material!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

His fans and his detractors are often greatly at odds here. Anything he says doesn't need to be brought up here, as it leads to torches and pitchforks, so it's best if he just isn't brought up.  It's sort of like politics in that manner.

so this then:

Angry Crowd GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

so long and thanks for all the fish.

31 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

only read his stuff here and there, (but he did link so something of mine that someone made for me and i posted on a site, without me knowing however, which i then deleted, this was years ago).  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

yeah that's it.  You could be talking about the weather, and someone will throw in a shot at PL out of left field for some reason, which invariably derails the convo into people bashing him for the oddest reasons, and people defending him.  It's exactly like a political comment.  The "rule" shouldn't be that he can't be mentioned, but it should be in the context of "got this from the UW blog", or "PL pointed out that the [team] changed it's stripes" or something like that.  The funny thing is that the haters are religious readers of his material!

There's no fixed "Lukas Rule" around here, or at least there wasn't one in the mod handbook they gave me. ^_^ But while the suspended member did mention him, it would have been a pretty clear attempt to troll and derail even without it. 

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Off topic  - but I don't get that or hate following on Twitter. You don't like to hear what someone says? Don't follow them. It's easy 🙂

It's where I sit.

9 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Off topic  - but I don't get that or hate following on Twitter. You don't like to hear what someone says? Don't follow them. It's easy 🙂

Some people can only feel when they hate. And that is sad.

I know there's a few that don't like Lukas (And that the original question was spelled "Lucas" led me to think of former NBA coach John Lucas...) either because he's overtly political, too traditional, or anti-purple.  I guess I don't feel like I've seen his name lead to any big bruhahas...but thanks for clarifying...

And I do follow him. He's like any of the rest of us but with more inside info.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

40 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Some people can only feel when they hate. And that is sad.

That’s basically why KiwiFarms exists. God that place is so trashy.

Also, Lukas doesn’t have a thread there, because he’s not as much of a mess compared to its “exceptional individuals.”

FTR I'm 100% in favour of a Lukas Rule because the hate people throw at him is really, really petty and derailing. I'd be all for giving someone a mandatory month off for injecting Paul Lukas hate into a thread where he wasn't relevant. 

1 hour ago, JustForFun said:

So Paul Lukas was the first journalist to cover uniform and logo news in a serious manner. Treating it like real news. 

And Paul Lukas- like every other human being on Earth- has his preferences, biases, and opinions. In Paul's case he's a fan of traditional uniforms and he's politically liberal. He's been very outspoken about stuff like Chief Wahoo and the Washington Football Team (Est. 1932)'s former name.

Some people take GREAT offence to all of that and I have no time for them. 

Why you ask? Well...it's all so arbitrary. Lukas is like any of us- deeply interested in sports logo and uniform news, aesthetics, discussion. He's just the first guy to make it big talking about it. He was the right guy at the right place at the right time. 

People who :censored: and moan about his preferences and his stances being put on a pedestal fail to realize their blatant hypocrisy. They wouldn't be screaming about him being unable to "keep politics out" if he were a flag waving 'MURICA conservative. Yet because he's a progressive? They're foaming at the mouth. 

Ultimately Paul Lukas is just a guy with a platform he earned. Don't want to hear what he has to say? Don't visit his site and don't follow him on social media. It's that simple. 

And to repeat...I'm 100% on board with a month long suspension for anyone who insists on injecting Paul Lukas hate into a thread where he previously wasn't a factor. 

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

FTR I'm 100% in favour of a Lukas Rule because the hate people throw at him is really, really petty and derailing. I'd be all for giving someone a mandatory month off for injecting Paul Lukas hate into a thread where he wasn't relevant. 

So Paul Lukas was the first journalist to cover uniform and logo news in a serious manner. Treating it like real news. 

And Paul Lukas- like every other human being on Earth- has his preferences, biases, and opinions. In Paul's case he's a fan of traditional uniforms and he's politically liberal. He's been very outspoken about stuff like Chief Wahoo and the Washington Football Team (Est. 1932)'s former name.

Some people take GREAT offence to all of that and I have no time for them. 

Why you ask? Well...it's all so arbitrary. Lukas is like any of us- deeply interested in sports logo and uniform news, aesthetics, discussion. He's just the first guy to make it big talking about it. He was the right guy at the right place at the right time. 

People who :censored: and moan about his preferences and his stances being put on a pedestal fail to realize their blatant hypocrisy. They wouldn't be screaming about him being unable to "keep politics out" if he were a flag waving 'MURICA conservative. Yet because he's a progressive? They're foaming at the mouth. 

Ultimately Paul Lukas is just a guy with a platform he earned. Don't want to hear what he has to say? Don't visit his site and don't follow him on social media. It's that simple. 

And to repeat...I'm 100% on board with a month long suspension for anyone who insists on injecting Paul Lukas hate into a thread where he previously wasn't a factor. 

It's funny that the thing that made me unfollow him was his constant pushing of his seam rippers to get the New Era logo off of baseball hats. I really didn't have a problem with his views, uniform related or political. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived