MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

Man, the Brewers and Diamondbacks High-A affiliates need to swap identities. Take away the geographical identifiers, and how many people do you suppose would actually guess correctly which team belongs to which parent club? (And maybe not even then.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Their navy pullover jersey also has a really strange collar:

spacer.png

I think it is very likely that we’ll see something similar for the new Nike MLB template. Pretty nice overall, but not excited about the prospect of that collar on the navy pullover jersey becoming a regular thing.

That collar is awful --

Also, how come the minor league teams get to shove the swoosh on the sleeve but the MLB teams need it front and center? Much less offensive on the sleeve.

Anubis.png

33 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

Also, how come the minor league teams get to shove the swoosh on the sleeve but the MLB teams need it front and center? Much less offensive on the sleeve.

The answer is brand exposure. Nike wants the Swoosh front-and-center in the league in which it will get TV exposure. To them, that exposure makes their brand more valuable. You don't get anywhere near that level of exposure at the minor league level, so it makes sense that there would be fewer restrictions on logo placement. 

My late brother proudly served in Afghanistan and I definitely support the troops but these are a spit in the face to anyone in the military. This is such an egregious move motivated solely by money.

Major League Baseball will donate its licensed royalties from the sale of Armed Forces Day On-Field Authentic Collection apparel to MLB Charities to support programs for service members, veterans and military families.

How about you just don't produce this garish merchandise and give them the money directly instead of corporations doing a wrapping-paper fundraiser for adults.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

My late brother proudly served in Afghanistan and I definitely support the troops but these are a spit in the face to anyone in the military. This is such an egregious move motivated solely by money.

Eh - my son is a Marine and likes them.  Different strokes.

It's where I sit.

The camo hats are okay are on their own but don't look great on the field. However they looked okay with the White Sox uniform.

E1ds_9qWQAEp5dB?format=jpg&name=large

The truly terrible thing here is the fake stirrups. Come on man. I understand Stance wants to make a stirrup look for people to buy but if you have access to the actual stirrups, then you should probably wear the actual stirrups.

bSLCtu2.png

14 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Eh - my son is a Marine and likes them.  Different strokes.

My cousin graduated from Annapolis and served with honor.  And he hates them. 

Which is totally all their right to have an opinion.  As it is yours, and as it is mine. Great thing about this country.

I just want to separate liking/disliking these uniforms from having anything to do with the troops or our country whatsoever. You can think this promotion is offensive and still be patriotic. 

41 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Which is totally all their right to have an opinion.  As it is yours, and as it is mine. Great thing about this country.

I just want to separate liking/disliking these uniforms from having anything to do with the troops or our country whatsoever. You can think this promotion is offensive and still be patriotic. 

My dad served in the Air Force and he likes them, while my cousin currently serves in the Air Force and doesn't like them. Aren't opinions great?

And yeah, I wish you could dislike these uniforms without people accusing you of hating America, or like them without being accused of supporting literally everything the military does nowadays. They're baseball uniforms, it's not that deep.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah - we're on the same page. Let me re-phrase my original statement:

The opinion of an individual within a specific category of people doesn't indicate the opinion of any other people within that specific category.

It's where I sit.

I feel pretty indifferent about the camo hats. However, I feel like a chest or sleeve patch would’ve done the celebration justice. At this point, it’s well justified to say these hats and any other specialty hats are purely a cash grab and carry a “feel like a player” shtick with them.

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

And yeah, I wish you could dislike these uniforms without people accusing you of hating America, or like them without being accused of supporting literally everything the military does nowadays. They're baseball uniforms, it's not that deep.

I think this will come up if they ever actually stop doing this promotion. I think a lot of people will accuse MLB of not being patriotic and supporting the troops. I for one will be happy if they ever stop these holiday promotions

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

I think this will come up if they ever actually stop doing this promotion. I think a lot of people will accuse MLB of not being patriotic and supporting the troops. I for one will be happy if they ever stop these holiday promotions

It's not 2005 anymore (though the Israel-Palestine conflict, the gas crisis, and Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady could easily convince you otherwise). I don't think we need to live in constant fear of being asked why we hate America.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I feel pretty indifferent about the camo hats. However, I feel like a chest or sleeve patch would’ve done the celebration justice. At this point, it’s well justified to say these hats and any other specialty hats are purely a cash grab and carry a “feel like a player” shtick with them.

How is it a cash grab if it's going to charities and stuff? I believe none of this stuff has been for profit for the last several years.

bSLCtu2.png

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

How is it a cash grab if it's going to charities and stuff? I believe none of this stuff has been for profit for the last several years.

MLB might donate their share, but New Era sure doesnt and it results in more product sold for NE. Makes the deal better and MLB can demand higher fees.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

Really? I never knew about the charity side of it. I always thought it was strictly MLB profit. Even then, it probably could still be dealt with in a better way.

Archived