XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

This one is apparently not an April Fools Joke:

It's kind of telling that he's signing with the XFL, who's in week 7 of 10, rather than the USFL who hasn't started playing and ends closer to training camp. Are these last few games all he think he needs or does he feel the XFL is better or provides a better opportunity? I'd actually like to hear his reasoning.

Didn't watch the game but Orlando looked a lot better the last few weeks with Dormady at QB, so while it's still surprising they beat DC, I figured they were going to catch somebody one of these weeks.

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

28 minutes ago, Skycast said:

And that is why you play the games! I absolutely loved seeing the XFL's Bad News Bears beating one of the better teams in the league.

In the South, the only team eliminated is . . . no one! Meanwhile, Vegas was eliminated in the North.  Houston put itself in a hole two weeks in a row, and didn't have enough time to come back and win. The game at San Antonio should alleviate that problem, since the Brahmas haven't had the same QB start in consecutive games since Week4. Benkert was decent at Vegas, but that big INT at the end of the first half shut down momentum. I'm expecting Houston to roll, but I'll still be out there cheering for SA. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

In the South, the only team eliminated is . . . no one! Meanwhile, Vegas was eliminated in the North.  Houston put itself in a hole two weeks in a row, and didn't have enough time to come back and win. The game at San Antonio should alleviate that problem, since the Brahmas haven't had the same QB start in consecutive games since Week4. Benkert was decent at Vegas, but that big INT at the end of the first half shut down momentum. I'm expecting Houston to roll, but I'll still be out there cheering for SA. 

I'm primarily rooting for a big crowd in San Antonio. That second game was terrible timeslot, so hopefully this week, despite a losing record, will see a big turnout. DC at Seattle should be a good game and I hope a 4:00pm local start time will produce a big crowd like their only other weekend home game. Seriously, if it weren't for some badly scheduled games, the attendance figures would be a decent amount better. Not on par with their 2020 figures, but better than what we're seeing. St. Louis will significantly drive up those figures over the last 3 weeks. And just maybe, Orlando's win over DC will get a few more butts in the seats this weekend against Arlington. Although, they're still playing at Camping World Stadium, so who knows.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

I'm primarily rooting for a big crowd in San Antonio. That second game was terrible timeslot, so hopefully this week, despite a losing record, will see a big turnout. DC at Seattle should be a good game and I hope a 4:00pm local start time will produce a big crowd like their only other weekend home game. Seriously, if it weren't for some badly scheduled games, the attendance figures would be a decent amount better. Not on par with their 2020 figures, but better than what we're seeing. St. Louis will significantly drive up those figures over the last 3 weeks. And just maybe, Orlando's win over DC will get a few more butts in the seats this weekend against Arlington. Although, they're still playing at Camping World Stadium, so who knows.

I think we'll also get a lot of Houston fans coming in too since it's Saturday afternoon, so it could be 60-40 or 50-50 fan-wise. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Battlehawks/Roughnecks:  Houston just can't get out of its own way.  I remember being intrigued by Cole MacDonald out of college but yikes, he looks pretty lost out there.  Battlehawks handle their business.
  • Guardians/Defenders:  Easily the best game the Guardians have had all season.  Dormady looks like their guy going forward.  Some of those catches/throws were extremely impressive.  Defenders have nothing to hang their heads about (except for how their defense played).  GG, WP.
  • Sea Dragons/Renegades:  Arlington getting booed at home was pretty fun.  Seattle is so damned entertaining.  The corner end zone throw from DeNucci to Gordon was just bonkers.
  • Vipers/Brahmas:  The Rod Smith hurdle is a signature highlight of the XFL season, what a move.  First kick return touchdown in this iteration of the XFL goes to the Vipers.  Vegas played damn good football, it's just a shame it takes place in the most embarrassing broadcast conditions imaginable for a league trying to make a good impression.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

43 minutes ago, CS85 said:
  • Vipers/Brahmas:  The Rod Smith hurdle is a signature highlight of the XFL season, what a move.  First kick return touchdown in this iteration of the XFL goes to the Vipers.  Vegas played damn good football, it's just a shame it takes place in the most embarrassing broadcast conditions imaginable for a league trying to make a good impression.

Brahmas scored that TD, then went into the toilet. Since Vegas is done for the rest of the year, hopefully the XFL moves them to San Diego, or finds a way to use Allegiant or Sam Boyd Stadium. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think we'll also get a lot of Houston fans coming in too since it's Saturday afternoon, so it could be 60-40 or 50-50 fan-wise. 

I've bet a mate they will get to 17,501, but i'm hoping Houstonians get there in droves and bust the 24000+ from the first game.

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Brahmas scored that TD, then went into the toilet. Since Vegas is done for the rest of the year, hopefully the XFL moves them to San Diego, or finds a way to use Allegiant or Sam Boyd Stadium. 

Allegiant would look like a ghost town with a few thousand fans and didn't they have an agreement about no play at Sam Boyd?

Better off at San Diego or New Mexico

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

2 hours ago, tigers said:

I've bet a mate they will get to 17,501, but i'm hoping Houstonians get there in droves and bust the 24000+ from the first game.

Allegiant would look like a ghost town with a few thousand fans and didn't they have an agreement about no play at Sam Boyd?

Better off at San Diego or New Mexico

I think Sam Boyd is the best way to keep the team, but I prefer San Diego.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png