XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Is there a reason why the XFL needs two weeks between conference titles games and their championship?

I assume it's to allow players to recover from any injuries. But even absent serious injuries, this is a good move, as all players are beaten up, and a week's rest can only help. We want the teams to be at their best.

Also, from the drama standpoint, the two-week wait for the championship game helps heighten the suspense. I'm looking forward to the game, and the extra week makes it feel a bit more important.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I assume it's to allow players to recover from any injuries. But even absent serious injuries, this is a good move, as all players are beaten up, and a week's rest can only help. We want the teams to be at their best.

Good point. 

I suppose rest is likely the reason for the week off, especially when you consider teams don't didn't get a bye week during the regular season.

6uXNWAo.png

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

Is there a reason why the XFL needs two weeks between conference titles games and their championship?

Field prep, and they probably had issues with having the venues available this past weekend. Byt the way, if you want o go, the league sent out a code to knock 20% off the tickets:

Get Your Tickets Now and Save 20%

The XFL Championship Game is here, the North and South Division Champions have punched their tickets. The D.C. Defenders & QB Jordan Ta'amu will take on the Arlington Renegades led by QB Luis Perez on Saturday, May 13, 2023 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. Tickets start at just $25 per seat and with this offer you can lock in your Championship Game tickets and save 20% on tickets.

Limited inventory is available now for this offer so act now! Use special offer code 'XCHAMP' to purchase your tickets today. 

Offer ends at 11:59 pm CT on May 11, 2023.

r/DCDefenders - The 2023 All-XFL team has been announced. The DC Defenders lead the league with 7 players.

The All-XFL team has been released.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So, 7 All-XFL starters for the Defenders and 1 for the Renegades. 

I want to think it's going to be a re-enactment of the Million Dollar Game but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a shootout like the last matchup. 

I'd say alt-football is a guilty pleasure but I feel no guilt in enjoying it. I'll take fillerball to hold me over because the Royals sure as :censored: ain't. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McCall said:

How did Ta'amu top both DiNucci AND McCarron for all-XFL first team QB?🤨

DiNucci was way too hot and cold. McCarron because he missed a regular season game and the playoffs? 

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

18 hours ago, McCall said:

How did Ta'amu top both DiNucci AND McCarron for all-XFL first team QB?🤨

EDIT: Well McCarron was named MVP, so...🤔 Still, I like Ta'amu (Battlehawks QB in 2020), but he was definitely 3rd behind DiNucci and McCarron in overall QB ranks for the season, IMO.

I'm not sure it makes sense for the league MVP to not make the all-XFL team. 

• Like 1

Oh my god, the punchline of the joke is coming and it’s remarkably unfunny.  Looks like I’ll be buying a renegades championship tee.  :censored: me. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

More than I thought would be there. 

Still should have it at the team with the better record's home stadium IMO. Only the NFL can get away with having their championship at a neutral site. 

Luis Perez might wind up getting an NFL roster spot from this. Good for him. 

The greatest underdog story in the history of sports has come to fruition.  How embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

36 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Still should have it at the team with the better record's home stadium IMO. Only the NFL can get away with having their championship at a neutral site. 

DC United had a home game that started at 7:30 tonight, that wouldn't have been doable tonight if those were the rules in place.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

DC United had a home game that started at 7:30 tonight, that wouldn't have been doable tonight if those were the rules in place.

And there's no way that the XFL was going to reserve dates for all 8 host venues. Plus, there's the problem with weather. Having a dome meant great game conditions no matter what (and I take it SA had bad weather today).  To get it on ABC, meant preplanning the date and time. It would've sucked if DC earned the right to host and Arlington had to host it because the date was unavailable at Audi Field.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Truthfully, 23K is a really good number for a neutral site game. I'd have guessed 15K tops considering the San Antonio market and the Brahmas not being in it.

I'm pretty confident STL gets the title game next year, based on their great XFL fan base and it being indoors 

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

As for the Championship game, not once after the first qtr did i believe DC was going to win. It became apparent DC needed to play a flawless game to pull it out. And every time DC did come up big, Arlington would immediately respond with a score of their own.

Perez made a hell of a difference coming over from Vegas. He seemed unstoppable all night. Arlington is likely a 8-2 team if he plays the full season there.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

23 minutes ago, Cujo said:

As for the Championship game, not once after the first qtr did i believe DC was going to win. It became apparent DC needed to play a flawless game to pull it out. And every time DC did come up big, Arlington would immediately respond with a score of their own.

Perez made a hell of a difference coming over from Vegas. He seemed unstoppable all night. Arlington is likely a 8-2 team if he plays the full season there.

The Defenders defense is usually good for several big stops, but they did nothing all night. That unsportsmanlike conduct penalty putting the ball on DC's is when I knew they were going to lose. If they don't get penalized on that kickoff, maybe they get a stop. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Luis Perez might wind up getting an NFL roster spot from this. Good for him. 

1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

And there's no way that the XFL was going to reserve dates for all 8 host venues. Plus, there's the problem with weather. Having a dome meant great game conditions no matter what (and I take it SA had bad weather today).  To get it on ABC, meant preplanning the date and time. It would've sucked if DC earned the right to host and Arlington had to host it because the date was unavailable at Audi Field.

The four available stadiums were Arlington, Orlando, Houston and San Antonio. Since San Antonio had bought up 25,000 for the home opener and the next closest had 15,000, SA was always going to get it. 

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Truthfully, 23K is a really good number for a neutral site game. I'd have guessed 15K tops considering the San Antonio market and the Brahmas not being in it.

I'm pretty confident STL gets the title game next year, based on their great XFL fan base and it being indoors 

Truthfully, the Btahmas being 1-3 before the second home game is what killed attendance this year. Having that long between home games should never happen with so short a season. But having Houston and Arlington buying up tickets before the South final helped bunches. I'd think St. Louis should be hosting next season. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png