XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

6 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Embarrassing for the league

Not really. It would have been embarrassing if Orlando somehow won yesterday. Arlington won because league rules allowed them to play. The NFL has rules that can allow a 6-11 team to make the playoffs depending on how their division members finish the season. If that team won the Super Bowl it wouldn't delegitimize the playoffs or the Super Bowl if it happens. The original XFL playoffs made less sense, when E1 played W2 instead of the division runner-up.

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

Man football aesthetics really fell apart over the years didn't they

Each fits the uniform template they're used on. But I'd agree the previous Renegades uniform is better. The only improvement is the UA template and numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, Gary said:

The only thing I have against the Renegades winning is the fact they won that stupid looking trophy 

a0aeEf9kHFfSlLlWLhxHPPWtGbfuoWgsKpKjHogd8Lbk3hoJSqiXzajOGtG5NPkZUOT54n-O7sLGeHv9FhKhBlUrencGY5GnBL9G9XaKDR591hF1o8r05niUITVmdkzxoVfdaanF8LkaMtHxALvOOTVlPtCoGqvbyT_zIjFl_hmsJHGfqshk3C9CmfI4ozMx5qQXe-EaeeHqdO6pTIhpq8yJKVmbanBVhOZyqdpc8xImtBB6buxlnWp1taXPipzdRgK7aFRu74eIYhTg1cHZVKKR7DGsT7nVhn4SOanJQIYW3YCE3E-UgNNvDMt33lJMZYPTHR20aIufFgjKznY1ezPMGnwCN2slKMP28lQtmsqVDYbygGPg8K3cOh8QhM0-euEq4ucOOz6d58-CxKin6Ig_ZZndubyDWAEfFlKGI0hVH3xOfEIteJ2Ew4GielhCYdJr5n2BC7GyEG-wMsPgstDgCzu3ExD8SkwQax6T7Y-ocBh7XWUptLBNdFguxwY576YunXdqGTPEpRbmeFSxcl9E_UhsOyDstJdAUYX6d0Ro6pQwMoNY92Gopo5L86Na-VQFCyQaiT0cuZvr2qzU_8GnnG2OP1sEZUCHMiVmUuDGSw6Sq2QjyAB_C_k1T31h5GHSZuj4iR84_q0JZTKouUnlKH5jbPbyLeBywoq6ek9BjfBxYLMU-Fx6C6hF56ncAp9OcnQgoz1wKYEeiTHtwb-MLtk0C9sRdCKLTtyCmXgI6zS7N76vG4C8Vc2gSLWfosR3pyXeNKbxKKt-MyKGVrYZpgXMKhpGvoEfu3LZztEOVYyp_AZLxqWLqrItW6QEKVIgrSX0ejM4ZD01GX0Klv0gN_u9en4949Z1ge9MzJK8RJVdfYAOrbzeDXHKq4pZMt0Td2SaRbpedKxvyS43b0aUUVTJrZT-CSjzEU5OF6Dy_jPyAA=w651-h866-s-no?authuser=0

I actually think it looks pretty good. There's a lot of corporate speak about it's design, but it's not the same style of trophy as the USFL chose to go with. They wanted to set themsleve apart from the other football leagues and that carried into the trophy designs.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOTm26ZUpj7vnPxkGtQlkqxuJaG-HIdSMhh8NXW

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

42 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Luis Perez is likely to get NFL interest, but unlikely to make a final roster.

He's been on some practice squads over the last few years. He may get a chance at a back-up spot, even if only temporarily, but yeah I think he'll continue to be one of the top spring league QBs. Him and McCarron for sure, and then Ta'amu and DiNucci, as well, if they're not on an active NFL roster. McCarron has said he's open to playing in the NFL again, and he certainly has the most overall experience at every level, so that may be more appealing from an NFL team perspective. But I think he'd prefer a situation where he plays more (so a not good team with either no QB or a young, inexperienced one). My prediction is all four will be back in the XFL next year, which will provide some strong continuity and quality for the league going into their first second season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCall said:

He's been on some practice squads over the last few years. He may get a chance at a back-up spot, even if only temporarily, but yeah I think he'll continue to be one of the top spring league QBs. Him and McCarron for sure, and then Ta'amu and DiNucci, as well, if they're not on an active NFL roster. McCarron has said he's open to playing in the NFL again, and he certainly has the most overall experience at every level, so that may be more appealing from an NFL team perspective. But I think he'd prefer a situation where he plays more (so a not good team with either no QB or a young, inexperienced one). My prediction is all four will be back in the XFL next year, which will provide some strong continuity and quality for the league going into their first second season.

Perez is that 4th string QB on a NFL roster, so I think he'll be back. McCarron and Dinucci will probably make a team, depending on who it is. I don't know if Ta'amu will make a team though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, McCall said:

Perez would love to be Taylor Heinicke right now.  In fact, Ta'amu and DiNucci would love to be in Taylor's shoes right now as well.

Just now, GDAWG said:

DiNucci could easily be Tommy Maddox 2.0 and return to the XFL next year

Maddox thrived in the NFL for a couple years. If XFL 1.0 had a second season, there's no way he'd have returned.

DiNucci would be Denver's QB3 at best, with Wilson and Stidham ahead of him. It's not likely he gets a shot to start again, but it would make for a great story

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Maddox thrived in the NFL for a couple years. If XFL 1.0 had a second season, there's no way he'd have returned.

DiNucci would be Denver's QB3 at best, with Wilson and Stidham ahead of him. It's not likely he gets a shot to start again, but it would make for a great story

I had forgotten that Maddox was in the NFL for a few years after XFL 1.0 and had been replaced by Big Ben in the middle of the 2004 season.