XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I had forgotten that Maddox was in the NFL for a few years after XFL 1.0 and had been replaced by Big Ben in the middle of the 2004 season.  

He only lost the starting job because of injury.  Sure, Ben was drafted to be the future starter. But they didn't expect him to have to go in Week 2. And that's why their offense was so unbelievably vanilla. Hand off to Bettis again and again and again.  He only averaged 21 pass attempts per game, 187 yards per game. His SB winning season in 2005, he averaged 22 pass attempts per game, 198 yards per game.

• Like 2

What a great end to a great season.

Alright the best overall team didn't make it but Arlington showed just because they had a losing regular season they were on song at the right end of the season.

Kudos to all involved.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

hqDcuCKuVqf75gZA34Ad5hwvCpaAb-Hsbwh0Olp6q8vxiVPoLjgsdcxbucPOb2VaxZqavxwKfPoSz4tGWXBw5fwweONCSU0eRomFpezWXgGw30cP8KqgqvDz65SqyHzXMoYTRvnFUYbtAI_phL3ir76_WtinEN_aoAgZHK8n15eJ_mi2ypjQkEMndsywecyhMAUr9kYkPipP5c3jaXPfmMGGA9bbgFU-fclYza4ZAIrjedfE2vu1QljwaHWTq-h7770uE2CXOOAHAxBbKD8LtdPE_yaD6beMg98wrv2EzM0bozx6hxyVUd-c3ObESU7ECmLP5bbcID47IMDFX--RAYnJ-S_5KACVEDJFt4xYD6sboODjmyNlLkyk-wf-oCrR6AWnb5JO-FMPzQ9J8MMHm4pvjbvtHTsmbAHKD7hsJslfGve_hleTX-heXuKwfFPfxhlspNf3xws8txNMq0cdjNR9Wcy-5zIKVZbSPPqvRxhlHJcOhWGn5IeniQZ6EGgrTC7e1p04KXge3K-jl2HCDc2G0t2W2Z-WPNof0NoEbLVoUB5luTNeHoPKvL4ES8m1_nIcld94aN9WNmV4CpDnMkE6kIuskAJg2frDpzgxZXW-VCKKBAbejRMemWIPwMgNozkhkex_eV7Vjbz2S-WBNKouXiQvQBOqAsnGlYbOcz_Xz5zHNZRAqSiOYxefV6_SX5iW0pqCGCkRp5VlWw9hauEl2ruxKsbiyrODdfMf7BezfFcyiAZN3N6MuLcm_VXDROYi1uGP4oKv1S8yNjRqd7yCxvL6sOYee4_acrUF-6s7SQqQF_g41M5YW4QZhqE0S_NEBTdiQCDlqcL2DoOr51W1_5Z8dT4Am6O9UsaLLtpoi6tl3wVwKv7w35RDt1HvsG8lm6aELfKoneUSaH22m34s5rnxBj-KUGN3QhvvR_fKjQ=w1234-h929-s-no?authuser=0

For those mad that the beer snake wasn't allowed in the stadium, it was there! It was just contained to a bucket on the Defenders sideline. The Alamodome doesn't use cups. Everything is either in cans or plastic bottles. So building one inside the stadium wasn't possible. Apparently a few fans weren't aware that it was stadium policy that didn't allow it to be done. They did manage to get the lemons in though!

9IELgTsHGhwyk-Q26uu1zR5eQy1kQXmk4JIVveMWnrRFfiYbFtH8LJjUPTkIu3BD_tf1nmJUak7fT_J5wapTzEKhzPcG7DuRRc7KgM4srbaEdz61wel-5V9bVyCKrwBW9wM7HHAtbHDsoZIbX4eGKGXI1y9x8iPiuqCV7GweDJRkHXYJBiAlnUD7LWMiuFRa0XBd3CYLYUpjtH7VQmLU2BhTT1jj9gLTj310JiZEoO64kklZOmzjL-nYg0rQc5S9U8FOkDVnivVQNwMzLITUx3mAcs773RpnXVMteqo3qjIhvO8hc99SwJ0f_kt6olp8g6-RwJ0H1A0SeuxYD-GsSJpnRp5EakEAqERCTpyN1VjGryxFpEHw0eLmXUc1b7ErJ29qKV9SBbeZMWE__snL3GIt7ruItZBpawL0f9hgZLOcutklqkna0lQni5HSVmc3jW_wdBzq788iwe8dl--FFjEb_u0cciXVhGAA9xCWXXtkzeCkzd3MJ82c_X8zHMC_BtDjFGgkyWxqb_NUaLwp0FThouNkMWpAlfMUMuvmgJcr49i7bMEk_EZUj2HAB-CH6dDrHkpEUEcAlVbqPpXrxz3v7wiLIWa-lzuAQO2pVakE9tKOiqD0jCekYH9ZO4NsixIOtLb2hmck-lKqjQWdKs2YgzdHE_T9Pa4DdDKoyTVHigYgNzFUnu0hKvqqAqByO-6KF5NpbHjKEhdDkpc7l1Gd2vU2tUCP9pImWwIcQiP692czrG2i9VFobjeusOh879q8H-6jughHH9N11qk2zqQ1VsJhTOjZP1wh7njtLggQUkcm6OfElztxS4zP1CAHWG5XpfXuzDLLYOWSXMXmONQyet9dWvM9se3L03tTlh6vu-Kq06ar6YkQ9ZPc8k0sfEQ4MiuH1QxkIG5M2_VQgRF0kyjsuv8ytV1q1JannVaDlQ=w1234-h929-s-no?authuser=0

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I wonder what the Defenders attendance will be like next year with Daniel Snyder out of the picture

Likely depends on how well the Commanders do  this coming season. The better the Commanders do the worse it could be for the Defenders. 

Hotter Than July > Thriller

16 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Likely depends on how well the Commanders do  this coming season. The better the Commanders do the worse it could be for the Defenders. 

The two teams not playing in the same area, nor at the same time should help the Defenders remain relevant. The cost of attending games will help as well. The total cost of one ticket to watch the Commanders would be more than all five games for the Defenders. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That sounds like it's just in the offseason so they don't need to cut a player from their roster to bring on a rookie from this draft. But, I'm guessing sometime around training camp they'll trim the rosters back down to the usual number. I didn't see that written out anywhere or missed it.

Either way, this is a good thing for UDFA that still don't get picked up by an NFL team for the fall season.

• Like 1

If a guy gets cut during the NFL season, how would he become eligible for the XFL?  They said there's a fall draft after NFL roster cuts, but tons of guys get released after that.  Or maybe there's a guy on a practice squad that may think he's got a better path if he excels in the XFL.  He'd be ineligible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If a guy gets cut during the NFL season, how would he become eligible for the XFL?  They said there's a fall draft after NFL roster cuts, but tons of guys get released after that.

Such a player would presumably be a free agent.

Let's hope that the XFL has a process in place whereby a team's GM can express interest in signing a free agent, and the league will sign that player and assign him to that team.  But we can't know for sure how a league that signs players centrally will handle this matter. It's an inherent problem with the single-entity structure (a scheme which should rightfully be illegal).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

If a guy gets cut during the NFL season, how would he become eligible for the XFL?  They said there's a fall draft after NFL roster cuts, but tons of guys get released after that.  Or maybe there's a guy on a practice squad that may think he's got a better path if he excels in the XFL.  He'd be ineligible.

I think part of this is that the rosters cap at 90 for now, but they wouldn't expect to reach that number prior to the NFL season ending. 

50 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Let's hope that the XFL has a process in place whereby a team's GM can express interest in signing a free agent, and the league will sign that player and assign him to that team.  But we can't know for sure how a league that signs players centrally will handle this matter. It's an inherent problem with the single-entity structure (a scheme which should rightfully be illegal).

With some teams still having player rights of those that go into the NFL, I'd expect that if they get cut they would go back to the XFL team unless they decided to play in another league. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

37 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

With some teams still having player rights of those that go into the NFL, I'd expect that if they get cut they would go back to the XFL team unless they decided to play in another league. 

Ah, quite so.  I was thinking of guys cut from NFL teams who had never before played in the XFL.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

lol, my Renegades champions tee was refunded for some reason.  I didn't request a refund, so I'm guessing they had a printing issue or something?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter