XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Per rumors, Las Vegas and Orlando could taking the field for XFL 3.0. Should that be the case, I can totally see a return of the LV Outlaws identity. Not so sure about the Rage and that red hulk logo tho.

I believe Orlando would just take over the Vipers logos. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I miss the 90s and early 2000s, but not that much.

I find it strange that the Hitman logo is still used by high school teams in Texas. 

http://www.lestermultimedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/HolmesOConnorFB(pp_w768_h469).jpg

They finally changed that last year. It actually looks a little better. 

High school football: Holmes 41, Jay 14

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I find it strange that the Hitman logo is still used by high school teams in Texas. 

http://www.lestermultimedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/HolmesOConnorFB(pp_w768_h469).jpg

They finally changed that last year. It actually looks a little better. 

High school football: Holmes 41, Jay 14

There's a semipro team near me that still uses it.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

There's a semipro team near me that still uses it.

Semi pro squads are notorious for stealing whatever logo fits closest to their nicknames. In the 1990's there was a semi-pro team named the Cleveland Lions. From foot to toe they copied the Detroit Lions uniforms. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Semi pro squads are notorious for stealing whatever logo fits closest to their nicknames. In the 1990's there was a semi-pro team named the Cleveland Lions. From foot to toe they copied the Detroit Lions uniforms. 

Absolutely aware of that. I worked in that realm for 5 years 🙂

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Announcement coming today. Rumored team cities below. (Three Texas teams?)

- Dallas

- Houston

- Las Vegas

- Orlando

- San Antonio

- Seattle

- St. Louis

- Washington DC

Yes, three Texas teams.  That has been the rumor for months now.  Dallas would be coached by Bob Stoops, Houston by Wade Phillips and San Antonio by Hines Ward.......yes, that Hines Ward.

Rod Woodson (yes that Rod Woodson) is rumored to coach Las Vegas and Anthony Becht is rumored for St. Louis.  

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Yes, three Texas teams.  That has been the rumor for months now.  Dallas would be coached by Bob Stoops, Houston by Wade Phillips and San Antonio by Hines Ward.......yes, that Hines Ward.

Rod Woodson (yes that Rod Woodson) is rumored to coach Las Vegas and Anthony Becht is rumored for St. Louis.  

Hines Ward will be coaching San Antonio. I'm disappointed San Diego wasn't involved, maybe they couldn't get a deal with San Diego State done. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I feel like someone got in trouble for doing it, but I can't be sure. 

Apparently it was offensive to the mentally ill. As someone who is, I’m offended that people think a headshot of a cartoon lunatic would send me into a frothing rage. Or that fans in straitjackets is somehow offensive to me. I’m crazy, not thin skinned.

45 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Apparently it was offensive to the mentally ill. As someone who is, I’m offended that people think a headshot of a cartoon lunatic would send me into a frothing rage. Or that fans in straitjackets is somehow offensive to me. I’m crazy, not thin skinned.

A rumor I might've heard but it's been so long...  Had there been a Season 2 of the original XFL, Memphis would've abandoned the Maniax identity for something less fxcked up. Wouldn't have been the first insensitive nickname the XFL had bailed on.

6uXNWAo.png

53 minutes ago, Cujo said:

A rumor I might've heard but it's been so long...  Had there been a Season 2 of the original XFL, Memphis would've abandoned the Maniax identity for something less fxcked up. Wouldn't have been the first insensitive nickname the XFL had bailed on.

Yeah, but I’d say the Birmingham Blast being seen as potentially being a reference to a racist terrorist attack in the city it happened should’ve been brought up ASAP. I know that we’ve had teams like the Atlanta Flames and the New York Jets but that kinda went too far. 

As far as the Maniax? If they didn’t get rid of the Hitmen or Enforcers mascot, I don’t think they’d get rid of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah, but I’d say the Birmingham Blast being seen as potentially being a reference to a racist terrorist attack in the city it happened should’ve been brought up ASAP. I know that we’ve had teams like the Atlanta Flames and the New York Jets but that kinda went too far. 

As far as the Maniax? If they didn’t get rid of the Hitmen or Enforcers mascot, I don’t think they’d get rid of that. 

Well you beat me to it Red Comet, I was gonna bring up the "Birmingham Blast" and it's racist use. And yeah, the Maniax logo is absolutely one of the worst logos I have seen in my life. 

xFUdNmt.png