2020 NHL Offseason

Ridleylash

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

It's Taylor Hall, though. The thing Hall does best is winning 1OA, not the Cup.

Why do you think they got him?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Did he draw teams out of a hat? WTF. Weirdest free agent decision in a long time, which makes sense because Taylor Hall has had the weirdest goddamn career of any #1 pick. He's been a bust and won a Hart Trophy and is somehow on his fourth team in his 12th season and still won't turn 30 until 2021. Why the Sabres? Why not the Sabres with this weirdo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

22 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Well, for those who've been ready for the post-Doc Emrick era, here's some good news...

He was the Flyers play by play when I got into them as a young kid and I really liked him. He didn't seem to have that same appeal when he became the head announcer for NBC. 

Overall, I think the time was coming but I think I will miss him down the road.

7 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Well, for those who've been ready for the post-Doc Emrick era, here's some good news...

I was not always the biggest Doc Emrick fan -- I've never been able to forgive him for reimagining the laws of space and time with "elevatored across" -- but I respect his body of work as a whole and it'll be strange not to hear him on NBC.

This probably opens the door for John Forslund to take over as the full-time national lead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, Ridleylash said:
are the hawks naming a new president soon?

They should have purged everyone when they fired McDonough. Unlike teams that are on the Golden State Warriors model where there are like seven executive vice presidents, the Blackhawks have had a clear president-GM-coach chain of command. If they're going to keep with that, I think it's only fair that a new president should be able to pick his own general manager, who in turn should be able to pick his own head coach, who should be able to choose his assistants. Yes, that would mean firing Stan Bowman, who has three rings, but I think we've all learned together that his dad was the real brains of the operation, and that having one of the three greatest hockey coaches of all time was pretty important to the team's success. Hockey, for better or worse, does not seem to be ready for coach-as-management-surrogate.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived