College Football 2021

GelatinousLimes

On 1/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, dont care said:

That would be recruiting suicide for a school. They wouldn’t want to go to a school that has Skechers as their shoe provider. They were a thing 20 years ago, for little kids. Now those kids are adults and remember what trash they were, and the kids going to college now refer to them as garbage.

Are you trying to tell me that Skechers aren't cool?

🤔

eoDoEQF.png

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Russell used that almost as soon as it came out. I think they still offer it too.

First time I saw another team (that wasn't the Avalanche) wear that font was San Diego State in very early 2000s. 

Hall of Fame Class of 2012 | NewsCenter | SDSU

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

First time I saw another team (that wasn't the Avalanche) wear that font was San Diego State in very early 2000s. 

Hall of Fame Class of 2012 | NewsCenter | SDSU

That font was worn by pretty much every G5 team Russell had at that time. Kina like the Denver Broncos jersey being worn by every G5 Russell or Nike team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Are you trying to tell me that Skechers aren't cool?

🤔

eoDoEQF.png

Fun fact: The predecessor of sketchers was la gear which sponsored some nba players like kareem for a hot minute. The ethos of cheap knock offs of popular styles has existed since at least the late 80's. Another fun fact is that before they blew up as the shoe for people on a budget who don't care about shoes they arguably had some of the best corporate offices on the west coast right next to the manhattan beach pier with unreal ocean views...

spacer.png

18 hours ago, guest23 said:

Fun fact: The predecessor of sketchers was la gear which sponsored some nba players like kareem for a hot minute. The ethos of cheap knock offs of popular styles has existed since at least the late 80's. Another fun fact is that before they blew up as the shoe for people on a budget who don't care about shoes they arguably had some of the best corporate offices on the west coast right next to the manhattan beach pier with unreal ocean views...

spacer.png

A corporate office towering over a pier? I can see why that didn't work out.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

A corporate office towering over a pier? I can see why that didn't work out.

Which is why they relocated to a bigger space. It was a tiny office about the size of a small condo complex. It's visible on the right hand side about 1/2 a block up on the right.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Which is why they relocated to a bigger space. It was a tiny office about the size of a small condo complex. It's visible on the right hand side about 1/2 a block up on the right.

Oh it was more of a sarcastic joke on the pic you posted lol. I was imagining it like the pic was taken from an office building in the ocean. Swing and a miss be me I guess.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Michigan State Spartans Unveil Script “State” Helmets

February 26, 2021 - 21:24 PM

The Michigan State football program on Friday morning unveiled a new helmet option that pulls inspiration from the uniforms worn by the men’s basketball team on their way to the 1979 national championship. The white helmets – which head coach Mel Tucker said were supposed to be worn at Maryland

Read More...

This seems like a decent idea that is poorly executed. The script decal seems small and awkward given the helmet model. However, if this means there is a possibility of those horrid lime green alternate jerseys going away then I'm all for it.

BYU introduced 2 new helmets, navy and royal blue, as part of their "updated football identity". Interesting route to go in here, but not surprising. The navy is a bit meh for me, but the royal blue helmet is a nice change of pace though. I still prefer the white as it is an integral part of BYU football history.

957222E5_F59C_49A7_9949_5EC95284BF74.0.jpeg

This certainly an attempt to put themselves into the modern trend of mix and match. Apparently they now have 26(!) combos to choose from. I also expect to see much more monochrome/color rush looks with the new helmets as well.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Dual blue never looks good with royal as one of the blues (there are exceptions to everything and I'd love to see an example of it working). You need a dark blue, and a light blue to make it work. Royal is just too much in the middle so there isn't enough contrast and it just looks muddled. I hope they never mix and match the royal and navy elements

That royal blue helmet looks really nice on its own, though not with the color as head to toe.

I'd rather they dump the navy set, and then swap the two helmets and pants.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

BYU Cougars Unveil New Navy, Royal Blue Helmets

March 1, 2021 - 21:34 PM

The Brigham Young football program unveiled two new helmets on Monday afternoon that pull inspiration from the past and enhance the Cougars’ overall brand identity.  Both the navy and royal blue helmets follow the same design as BYU’s traditional white helmet, which features an Oval “Y” on both sides, two

Read More...

6 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

BYU introduced 2 new helmets, navy and royal blue, as part of their "updated football identity". Interesting route to go in here, but not surprising. The navy is a bit meh for me, but the royal blue helmet is a nice change of pace though. I still prefer the white as it is an integral part of BYU football history.

957222E5_F59C_49A7_9949_5EC95284BF74.0.jpeg

This certainly an attempt to put themselves into the modern trend of mix and match. Apparently they now have 26(!) combos to choose from. I also expect to see much more monochrome/color rush looks with the new helmets as well.

BYU fan here. Don't like it, mainly because I HATE the inverted oval-Y logo. The negative space created by the blue Y looks bad--I think it's because the Y tends to loose its shape against the white. Other than a home jersey with the collar logo, I own no BYU gear with the inverted-colors oval-Y logo.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived