International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

I don’t mind centered crests in general; In fact, when done right, I think it can look really good. That Czech one isn’t done right, though. The crest looks a bit too big, and the Puma logo being placed to the left of it forces (I imagine) the numbers to the right, which would cause not only horizontal clutter but likely elements of different sizes occupying the same plane. And even if the numbers are below the crest, that’s probably worse as it’d leave an awkward blank space to the right of the crest.

All in all, if you’re going to center the crest, you have to either stack manufacturer-crest-numbers vertically down the middle or form a “V” like Senegal did with the elements you have. It doesn’t quite come out right any other way, in my opinion.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 hours ago, andregunts said:

TN7oNZR.png

Aj14aIL.png

france, England and Netherlands

3hL5Dbz.png

S0UekeM.png

Not sure that they'll be keeping the number sets from last sets or if we'll see a preview of the number sets for the men at the World Cup. The ball for the tournament will also be made by Nike.

Nike Unveil UEFA EURO 2022 Official Match Ball - SoccerBible

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Digby said:

None of these make a solid case for women's teams to have different kit sets than the men's teams.

These are just the precursor for the World Cup uniforms, which will use a new template. I see this as Nike taking a page from their work with US Soccer and they'll start creating random third kits for more teams in the future. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, bigred5050 said:

Do we know if Canada MNT will have an updated look for Qatar?

We do not know yet. I've heard rumblings that Nike didn't expect Canada to qualify so they didn't get started on new kits, and now it's too late. I've emailed Canada Soccer's media people, but never got a reply. 

Puma with a massive dump of 10 new national team kits today (* = qualified for 2022 World Cup):

Egypt

egypt.jpg

Ghana*

ghana.jpg

Iceland

iceland.jpg

Italy

italy.jpg

Ivory Coast

ivory-coast.jpg

Morocco*

morocco-fh-1.jpg

Paraguay

paraguay-tsc-1.jpg

Senegal*

senegal.jpg

Switzerland*

switzerland.jpg

Uruguay*

uruguay-tsc-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Digby said:

What is with the printed-on stripe elements for Iceland/Egypt/Cote d'Ivoire? Astonishingly cheapo looking straight out of the rec league catalog.

That seems to be a Puma thing for this season. I've seen a few other leaks/rumours of their shirts with stripes that don't go all the way up to the shoulders or down to the hems. Most notable one was AC Milan.

4 hours ago, Digby said:

What is with the printed-on stripe elements for Iceland/Egypt/Cote d'Ivoire? Astonishingly cheapo looking straight out of the rec league catalog.

I wonder if they decided since these games are in November instead of June that they don't care to put as much effort in?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, Digby said:

I think the effect looks kind of neat on Egypt. But it really doesn't look as good on Cote d'Ivoire. The Iceland kits looks incomplete, like they forgot to remove the block of dark color or do anything with it...

• Like 1

IDK, to me they all look like ordering jerseys from some rec-league wholesaler, and you want a striped kit but there's only a limited rectangular chest area on which they'll allow printing. Just doesn't look right to me at the international level!

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, MJWalker45 said:

TN7oNZR.png

Aj14aIL.png

france, England and Netherlands

3hL5Dbz.png

S0UekeM.png

Not sure that they'll be keeping the number sets from last sets or if we'll see a preview of the number sets for the men at the World Cup. The ball for the tournament will also be made by Nike.

Nike Unveil UEFA EURO 2022 Official Match Ball - SoccerBible

Absolutely love the ball