Super Bowl LVI logo (...and the future of the standardized system)

29texan

2 hours ago, 29texan said:

Houston... Miami... Atlanta... possibly Charlotte with them talking about renovating the BoA...

I see those getting the Super Bowl again before Tampa. 

Seriously, Miami literally just had last year.  My point was squarely to recoup the losses from what a normal Super Bowl does to Tampa as a host city and what didnt happen in 2021.  With Covid we had less attendance, less media, less anciallary events.  It wasnt the same.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Seriously, Miami literally just had last year.  My point was squarely to recoup the losses from what a normal Super Bowl does to Tampa as a host city and what didnt happen in 2021.  With Covid we had less attendance, less media, less anciallary events.  It wasnt the same.

Tamps was lucky to get this one considering it was suppose to be in LA. I honestly don’t want to see another Tampa Super Bowl. It doesnt feel as grand of a stadium as the others.

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Rotation?  Haha...if you think there's a rotation you're funny.

I know this. But gotta imagine Dallas or Houston are next in line. By then, it'll have been 9 years since Texas' last Supe

Kenny Powers Finger Guns GIF by MOODMAN

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, dont care said:

It doesnt feel as grand of a stadium as the others.

I felt the same way about the College Football Playoff National Championship being held there in 2017. That and Jacksonville, which hosted Super Bowl XXXIX, just feel like second-tier stadiums that only get used for second-tier bowl games, not the premier stadiums that get to hold the Super Bowl and CFP, such as Arlington, Glendale, Miami, New Orleans, etc. 

The stadium shouldnt dictate a Super Bowl host.  While it is a focal point, the entire region and infrastructure is just as vital to a host city.

In no way am I saying that Tampa should be treated as a mainstay, I just feel that since this year was not your typical full-scale event, that Tampa should be considered for one of the next available games.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, Cujo said:

I know this. But gotta imagine Dallas or Houston are next in line. By then, it'll have been 9 years since Texas' last Supe

Kenny Powers Finger Guns GIF by MOODMAN

Look, the next time it comes to Texas, it's most likely going to be Houston again, and their imagery is mostly space oriented

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 months later...

Two thoughts:

It seems like the placement of the trophy is the most common functional critique people have. I wonder why they haven’t just pushed the trophy all the way to the left or right of the numerals.

If they wanted to do the local/template hybrid approach like the NCAA, I think all they’d need to do is keep the Roman numerals based on the same typeface each year. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived