Super Bowl LVI logo (...and the future of the standardized system)

29texan

2 minutes ago, zigbazah said:

How would 55 logos that all practically look the same be easier to distinguish than unique logos? 

Because the logo is literally just the number.  How could it not be easier?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Because the logo is literally just the number.  How could it not be easier?

Some people can’t even make out the number correctly as it’s designed right now. Multiple people in this thread have said they saw “LIV” instead of “LV” this year. So, at least in the context of this current system? Distinguishing’s not quite that easy. Perhaps another template that doesn’t suffer that problem could work in the way you’re saying, but this one doesn’t.

You’re more than entitled to your opinion of liking a standardized system and I respect that. This isn’t to say you’re “wrong” in any way for having that opinion. I’m just pointing out that, strictly in terms of this current design’s function, the problem of the trophy reading as a numeral is a big one that really gets in the way of clearly communicating what the logo’s really saying. It’s really difficult for me to overlook that, especially when that’s basically the only identifier the logo gives you.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think the current style would make a great template centerpiece. Similar to the way NHL uses the the word Winter in the winter classic logos. That always stays the same, but everything around it changes.

I think these larger Roman numerals sitting on the super bowl banner could be the constant every year, but they could add the local flair around it. The trophy would be made smaller and would sit on top of the numerals. I feel like that would be a solid templated system logo.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Some people can’t even make out the number correctly as it’s designed right now. Multiple people in this thread have said they saw “LIV” instead of “LV” this year. So, at least in the context of this current system? Distinguishing’s not quite that easy.

I agree - this year's was not done well, and even though I'm a proponent of the 'system', I'll concede that there's room for improvement.  I 100% agree with the concept, but sometimes the execution is lacking.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

You’re more than entitled to your opinion of liking a standardized system and I respect that. This isn’t to say you’re “wrong” in any way for having that opinion.

This is one of those cases where reasonable people can disagree on a topic.  It's just about preference, not right vs wrong.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After a covid season, NFL should give the logo a breath of fresh air and get some local flair, host team colors if nothing else. But a wild night for Goodell is down in the basement sipping double malt scotch so. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

30 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

spacer.png

I like it, the Lomardi no longer blends in with the numbers and the colors remind me of Los Angeles, especially with the reflection of palm trees. Definetly has a local flair to it that the previous template logos from LI-LV lacked.

That’s definitely an improvement! The trophy doesn’t look like a number here, and I love the palm trees + sunset treatment. I’d still prefer something closer to what the Final Four does, but this is actually pretty nice and is definitely the best of the template system.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

spacer.png

I didn't see the palm trees at first and thought it was just fire (or, worse, wildfire).

Actually, to that point, they should probably change the colors. Folks on the east coast don't have an appreciation for how devastating and now how frequent summer wildfire season is. Every year we lose acres and acres of forest and animals, and we can't safely walk outside for like three weeks. 

Sorry to go there, but not sure invoking an annual natural disaster that affects California specifically is such a good idea.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived