Super Bowl LVI logo (...and the future of the standardized system)

29texan

8 minutes ago, raysox said:

And that's totally a valid point! What's funny is that 45-50 had the stadium in it, which is correctly seen as the worst era of SB logos while technically giving off some context about where it's played than a lot of the golden era logos. I'm admittedly cherry picking in my argument, I just don't think the "can't tell where the game is" comment is necessarily tied down to the last decade.

vgehj2k0esq6g6vkrfxg.gif2348.gif2353.gif2357.gif

(Miami, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa)

Those are certainly stinkers. My biggest problem with the LV logo was that it used teal and orange, which are very much Miami's colors and very much not Tampa Bay's colors. It should've been red and pewter to reflect the team, and especially not colors tied to another team.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, QCS said:

Those are certainly stinkers. My biggest problem with the LV logo was that it used teal and orange, which are very much Miami's colors and very much not Tampa Bay's colors. It should've been red and pewter to reflect the team, and especially not colors tied to another team.

Those "stinkers" are still better than what we're getting.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

7 minutes ago, QCS said:

Funny you mention that since the LVI logo is Red and Orange because it's officially official now.

https://www.therams.com/news/los-angeles-host-super-bowl-lvi-february-2022-sofi-stadium

JZM2Epga?format=jpg&name=small

2 minutes ago, raysox said:

Funny you mention that since the LVI logo is Red and Orange because it's officially official now.

https://www.therams.com/news/los-angeles-host-super-bowl-lvi-february-2022-sofi-stadium

Do they just use last year's host as the color scheme? Can we expect bone in Super Bowl LVII's logo?

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 minutes ago, raysox said:

Making the roman numerals see-through was a terrible decision. The L looks like an I. Why are they so hellbent on making sure we see the entire trophy? We'd all still recognize it without seeing the base.

spacer.png

Super Bowl LVI Logo Revealed

February 9, 2021 - 22:23 PM

The logo for Super Bowl LVI to be held in Los Angeles in February 2022 was released today, posted to the Los Angeles Super Bowl Host Committee website. No your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you, the logo is going to have a little extra life added to it. Mind

Read More...

I think the league was forced to keep the same logo for Super Bowl LV as it had for LIV die to the uncertainty over where it would be played.  Once it became apparent that the LA stadium wouldn’t be ready, the NFL stuck with the plain silver for LV, and carried forward the palm tree artwork to the LVI logo.

It’s closer to my idea lol. Not sure I like the local flair inside the numerals instead of around them, but I’ll take it. They also put the trophy behind the numerals which is how it should’ve been from the beginning to prevent it looking like a numeral.

The problem is it’s not centered and the LV is see through like glass so it still ends up looking out of place. The effect is much better on the 3-D version, but the flat one screws it up. Overall? It’s progress. Maybe by SB60 they’ll nail it.

1 hour ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Bold prediction:

SB LVII logo will be exactly the same but with Cactus instead of Palm Trees

Pretty sure this will be the next 5 (including this one), so...

- LVI (L.A.): Palm Trees
 - LVII (Glendale): Cacti 
 - LVIII (Vegas?): Neon Lights
 - LVIX (New Orleans): Mardi Gras imagery 
 - LX (?)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived