USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

Just took a look at the website. Very impressive! One thing I might add to the standings is a “playoff picture” like the MLB has had in years past or a “playoff chance percentage” stat like the ones on FiveThirtyEight. Not sure how many games your team plays per season, but I’m willing to help with the math if that’s a stat you’d be interested in adding.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

Any chance Vince McMahon may go for a USFL franchise in this universe since he has no need for the XFL?

Maybe his Buddy Don will give him the Generals?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

6 hours ago, zoads82 said:

I see New Orleans moving due to Hurricane Katrina, possibly  to Portland

I thought of that as a possibility, especially with the Breakers ending up in Portland in reality; perhaps Katrina would force this universe's Breakers out of New Orleans, and with Portland having lost the Thunder, maybe they could entice the Breakers to move there

On 1/8/2023 at 7:53 AM, Dozap17 said:

I thought of that as a possibility, especially with the Breakers ending up in Portland in reality; perhaps Katrina would force this universe's Breakers out of New Orleans, and with Portland having lost the Thunder, maybe they could entice the Breakers to move there

In my alternate universe, I have the Breakers franchise moved to Omaha and the Saints franchise move to San Antonio as was originally planned IOTL but the Breakers and Saints trademarks, history and championships stayed unused until both teams returned in 2015. 

2 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

@WideRight

Any idea of what the teams' fields look like? I mean, which teams still leave the 50 yard line blank? Or which teams are unable to decorate their field because of lease restrictions?

Good Question! I’ve wondered what Farmer’s Insurance Field Looks like 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

20 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

@WideRight

Any idea of what the teams' fields look like? I mean, which teams still leave the 50 yard line blank? Or which teams are unable to decorate their field because of lease restrictions?

A good question. I actually have fields set up for all 24 clubs.  I will try to publish them soon.  There are only a few teams that still share stadiums with MLB (maybe none outside Oakland, I have to think about it) so most are able to do a full design for midfield and endzones. 

Coming soon, along with new designs for the Federals, Showboats, and Panthers. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WideRight said:

A good question. I actually have fields set up for all 24 clubs.  I will try to publish them soon.  There are only a few teams that still share stadiums with MLB (maybe none outside Oakland, I have to think about it) so most are able to do a full design for midfield and endzones. 

Coming soon, along with new designs for the Federals, Showboats, and Panthers. 

dont leave them blank

spacer.png

Working on the fields (I had only previously designed endzones because the Draft Day 2021 game I am using to simulate just puts the main logo at midfield, so I only needed endzones.  I will have full fields starting soon.    

But for now, here is the first of the 2005 new designs... the Michigan Panthers.

No change to the main logo.

A new secondary logo based on the current USFL Panthers with a touch of Florida Panthers included. 

New uniforms with a very "back to basics" feel to them.  Another team falls into the stripeless pant craze. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

Hey all, we start off our look at 2004 USFL Fields with the Northeast Division.   A couple of notes about this. 

1. Most teams either have their own stadiums, or due to the Spring season they have full control of the look for the season.  

2. The USFL mandates that the league's USFL monogram be at the 30 and that the "U" logo be on the left side of each endzone. 

3. Fifty-yard line logos are allowed to stretch as far as the 43 yard line on either side, and teams can opt to put a smaller logo at 

the 20.  

I think that about covers it.  I expect the USFL will get even a bit more experimental as we head into the late 2010's, but we will see.  As always, you can click on the image to go to IMGUR, where it can be expanded quite large. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

Here is the second division of USFL 2004 fields.  The Southeast (3 Florida teams and Boston, which had been Atlanta until 2003).  

Some notes: 

1. Jacksonville becomes the first team to have no team name as they go with their 4-stripe pattern in the endzone.  They also are the first team not to have logos on the 20, as they do not yet have an alternate or secondary logo to use.   

2. Orlando also does not have a 2nd logo, but they struck a deal with Florida tourism, so they have a tourism logo on the 20.   (use the Imgur zoomed in version to see this actual Florida tourism logo.

3. Boston uses their BC monogram on the 20s.  

spacer.png

• Like 3

Two things.

1. No, the USFL Alt History Pittsburgh Maulers are not going to go Black & Gold.  After 20 seasons in the league with purple, orange and grey, they are not going to switch (the 2023 USFL Maulers just announced a switch to Black & Gold)

2. Here is the third set of fields, the Central DIvision.   Some notes:

• The Machine do not have a 2nd logo, so they put the city flag of Chicago at the 20.  
  • The Panthers just added a 2nd logo for 2005, so maybe next season they will change up their fields.
  • The Maulers also do not have a 2nd logo.  That may need to change.  They did put hexagonal "bolts" in the endzones.  That will become more and more part of their look moving forward.
  • The Glory went one step further, putting their 2ndary state logo at centerfield and putting the eagle primary at the 20.  Something about the state logo more effectively covering up the Ohio State O. 

spacer.png

• Like 3