USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

On 7/14/2024 at 10:39 PM, HankTheTank said:

Will the 2020 season happen in the fall due to covid?

My guess is that the 2020 USFL season will be, at best, delayed/shortened due to Covid and played in hubs, 2021 could be close to a full season but hit bumps along the way

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, everyone.  The official voting, and my reveal of the full uniform sets for all three designs, will be coming on August 12 (Week 9 of the USFL 2014 season) on the Alt History website, but I thought I would give the folks on these boards an early peak by revealing the three LV identity options and their logos.  All three share the same color scheme of Deseret Blue (powder blue), Silverado (metallic silver) and black.   Three identities inspired by three "real world" teams in three different leagues:  The CFL-USA Posse, the UFL Locos, and the XFL 3.0 Vipers. The color scheme comes from the inaugural season of the UFL, when all 4 teams shared the same 4 colors (sky blue, lime green, silver, black), with each team using 3 of the 4, and Las Vegas being silver-dominant with blue and black.   The colors will also play a factor in which NFL team will join the USFL in the new dome in Las Vegas, possibly the black and silver Raiders moving from LA, or possibly the San Diego Chargers and their own powder blue identity.  

So, here are the three identities.  Voting will start on the Alt History site on August 12 and extend for 4 USFL weeks (about 15 days IRL).   We have not revealed which USFL team is relocating to Las Vegas, but we will soon know the new look and name they will take on. 

OPTION 1-- LAS VEGAS LOCOMOTIVES (LOCOS)

spacer.png

I stuck to the main logo for the UFL Locos, which i thought worked better with blue than when they switched to red.  I will not be using the helmet stripe logo from the UFL, but will try to incorporate some "railroad track" motifs along with the cow-catcher motif where I can.  

OPTION 2--LAS VEGAS POSSE

spacer.png

Definitely not the same color scheme of the brown & gold CFL club, and I am really not using any CFL logos here.  The riders logo is a new one, based on the "riding off into the sunset" cliché of western films.  The helmet logo comes from a modifcation of an Arena League 2 team called the Laredo Law, mixed with the CFL Posse's use of a star logo.  The tertiary is based on the XFL's Las Vegas Outlaws, a name I could not use since the Texas Outlaws are already based on a combo of the USFL Oklahoma Outlaws and the CFL San Antonio Texans.  

OPTION 3--LAS VEGAS VIPERS

spacer.png

Lots of inspiration here from the XFL Vipers from both Orlando and Las Vegas, but I put more emphasis on the snake head logo than the monogram V logo.  Both will be used, but I like the snake head better as a helmet logo.  I created a tertiary just to have all three teams with the same number of logos.  Not sure how I will use it. 

So, more to come on August 12. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is hard one to be honest... (with the Locos and the Vipers)

But, since you did the Vegas Vipers way better than the XFL 3.0 version.

I'll pick the Vipers.

My vote is for Las Vegas Vipers.

The name is the best, hands down. The primary and helmet logos are the strongest, though I believe I'd prefer it if the two sides of the viper's lower jaw in the latter logo actually met and the lower teeth were white. I'm not crazy about the third logo, but I don't know what I suggest to replace it. Perhaps an interlocking LV similar to the Posse third, but with the stylization of the letterforms adjusted to mimic that of the V in the Vipers' primary (sharper serifs at the terminals of both legs of the L and the upper terminals of the V, with a flat lower terminus on the V).