College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

On 12/6/2021 at 8:31 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Ohio State has announced that they will be wearing their home uniform for the Rose Bowl. As long as Utah avoids the USS Salt Lake City look it should be a good looking game. 

College football roundup: Utah races past Stanford 52-7 - Los Angeles Times

I hope this is what they roll with.

would like to see a better contrasting decal, wonder if the drop a long stemmed rose in the decal ah la Wazzu and Purdue and TCU. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lahaye7 said:

would like to see a better contrasting decal, wonder if the drop a long stemmed rose in the decal ah la Wazzu and Purdue and TCU. 

That would be a good look. And maybe have Ohio State add a rose pattern in the scarlet helmet stripe as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, MJWalker45 said:

That would be a good look. And maybe have Ohio State add a rose pattern in the scarlet helmet stripe as well. 

The stripe is painted on, so that would be difficult. I do expect them (though haven't been able to confirm it's happening) for them to wear the Rose Bowl logo front bumper again, though.

3 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

The stripe is painted on, so that would be difficult. I do expect them (though haven't been able to confirm it's happening) for them to wear the Rose Bowl logo front bumper again, though.

I figured if they didn't do the bumper they could possibly stick them on the face shields where they had the CFP logos last year. I didn't realize the stripes were painted on, but it makes sense since they slap the black stripes on the helmets until players earn them during preseason and spring ball. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Boca Raton Bowl is color vs color. SRR for Western Kentucky, BBB for Appalachian State. Neither team wearing bowl patches though. 

Utah State will be wearing white jerseys for the LA Bowl. Oregon State likely wearing black. They wore t shirt versions of that jersey during their walk through. The field looks good, but instead of having each team's name in the end zone they went with the Rams "Loss Angeles" wordmark. They scraped off the NFL hash marks from the middle of the field but left the numbers there. Are they stitched in? I'm guessing for the CFP next year they'll bring in a different carpet for the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, Midway said:

The logo without bevels will always look better to me (and ties with the letterman jacket idea much better than the beveled logo). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New helmets for Ole Miss in the sugar bowl.  Not a fan of the striping pattern.  Think a single blue stripe would have been the way to go here.  Other than that, I really like the color balance of white/powder/white.  Would have preferred a more traditional look for this game, but this will be fun.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, reb_fan_23 said:

New helmets for Ole Miss in the sugar bowl.  Not a fan of the striping pattern.  Think a single blue stripe would have been the way to go here.  Other than that, I really like the color balance of white/powder/white.  Would have preferred a more traditional look for this game, but this will be fun.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And they'll wear plain white pants that makes it look even worse.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, reb_fan_23 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, this is kind of disappointing. They look more like Louisiana Tech with the white helmet and triple stripe. (And to be clear, I think LA Tech generally looks pretty good. But they don't usually look like Ole Miss.) Regardless of the color of the shell, one of the defining elements of an Ole Miss helmet is the single (red) stripe.

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And they'll wear plain white pants that makes it look even worse.

Right? If they want to use white pants, put this same striping pattern on them. That would be a fairly cohesive look (albeit not really an "Ole Miss" look).

I've really had a lot of opinions about Ole Miss lately. And I'm not even a fan of the team. I do think they have a nice uniform though, traditionally speaking.

2 hours ago, reb_fan_23 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ole Miss is creeping closer and closer to making this their primary colorway...as it should be.

Just do it, UMiss.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived