College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

14 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

How about a couple of things from D2 football?

Nebraska-Kearney seemed to have changed helmet designs mid-season. Their new version is something akin to the Eagles' wings, but with a "Loper" horn/ear. Makes for a fun and unique helmet, especially with the metallic blue shell.

ML5A1532.jpg?width=1416&quality=80&forma

Never expected a Lopers reference on here, but I appreciate the love for my sister’s school lol. Can’t spell drunk without “U-N-K”

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something about Oklahoma State’s helmets tonight just doesn’t quite feel right. If you described them to me I probably would like the idea of a black helmet with the script on the sides and a o/b/w/b/o stripe, but in action they just look off. Maybe flip the coloring so orange is the center stripe and the script color?

9 hours ago, jn8 said:

Something about Oklahoma State’s helmets tonight just doesn’t quite feel right. If you described them to me I probably would like the idea of a black helmet with the script on the sides and a o/b/w/b/o stripe, but in action they just look off. Maybe flip the coloring so orange is the center stripe and the script color?

The logo is too long for a helmet with stripes, same reason why a patriots helmet with stripes would look bad with the current logo.

9 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

USC BYU is a great matchup for (almost) PAC 12 after dark

I wasn't sure about royal helmets, but damn if it wasn't a great matchup. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I know some of you won’t have liked it, but I loved yesterday’s Ducks/Beavers color vs. color matchup:

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

For me, I’d like to see this game permanently be a color vs. matchup. This was the third time in the last four years that it’s been color vs. color, but only the first time at Autzen since 2013. There was yellow vs. black in 2018 and yellow vs. orange last year, but green vs. orange is by far the best and what I’d like to see year in and year out. I’m not sure if there was any trouble for colorblind folks (I didn’t see any comments about it on social media), but that was one potential issue. I think ideally the Ducks would’ve gone with yellow pants like they did in 2013 and I would’ve even liked to have seen the Beavs in black pants as well. Still, though, I thought it was a really great matchup and I’m hoping it becomes the norm for this rivalry.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I know some of you won’t have liked it, but I loved yesterday’s Ducks/Beavers color vs. color matchup:

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

For me, I’d like to see this game permanently be a color vs. matchup. This was the third time in the last four years that it’s been color vs. color, but only the first time at Autzen since 2013. There was yellow vs. black in 2018 and yellow vs. orange last year, but green vs. orange is by far the best and what I’d like to see year in and year out. I’m not sure if there was any trouble for colorblind folks (I didn’t see any comments about it on social media), but that was one potential issue. I think ideally the Ducks would’ve gone with yellow pants like they did in 2013 and I would’ve even liked to have seen the Beavs in black pants as well. Still, though, I thought it was a really great matchup and I’m hoping it becomes the norm for this rivalry.

3 of 4 years means it’s the norm, no? I think Oregon would have looked better in yellow pants and OSU would have looked better in black jerseys. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

9 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

3 of 4 years means it’s the norm, no? I think Oregon would have looked better in yellow pants and OSU would have looked better in black jerseys. 

We’ll have to wait and see. Like I said the 2018 and 2020 games were in Corvallis, and the only color vs. color matchups that have happened in Eugene this century were in 2013 and now this year. The 2013 matchup was the first color vs. color matchup in the series since 2006 (which was in Corvallis). It definitely hasn’t  been a consistent year after year thing like USC/UCLA has been the last several years. I’m hoping last year and this year’s matchups are an indication that it’ll be color vs. color every year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

While I love the color vs color here (and Oregon/Oregon State's colors make it work), All green vs all orange is a bit nauseating. I would love to see Yellow/Green/Yellow or Green/Green/Yellow for Oregon, and Black/Orange/Black or Black/Black/Black for Oregon State. Would help break up the bright color rush-esque feel.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 11/11/2021 at 2:21 PM, Lights Out said:

Pitt's current look is okay in a vacuum, but they got the shade of gold completely wrong. It should be more of a mustard color, not bright highlighter yellow.

spacer.png

As a result, their current uniforms would be more appropriate for San Jose State.

Mustard was alright, but not as good as their new current look. Sure they look almost like San Jose State, but that might be the key.

10 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Army has released their uniforms for the Army-Navy game, this time honoring soldiers from the US Army Special Forces Command.

Bringin' back the DCUs! Oh man that's got nostalgia written all over it...bringing back some good ol' memories from my first turn in the sandbox.

38 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

On the heels of Army yesterday, Navy has released their look for Army-Navy.

If not for the fact that I grew up in about the Navyest town in America, I'd swear those were Air Force alts.  But because said Navyest town also happens to be the birthplace of naval aviation, I actually get the inspiration for these. Nice work, squids.

Should be one of the more interesting Army vs Navy uniform matchups in recent years--though it'll be hard to top those 10th Mountain Division-inspired Army uniforms for me, matched up against my hometown Blue Angels-inspired Navy sets, back in 2017--which of course Army won, because of course we did.

Oh by the way...HOOAH up in this piece!!! #GoArmyNeatNavy

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Ducks have some new cleats for Friday’s Pac-12 Championship Game:

Lot of speculation on what the unis will be, but one thing is for sure: they’ll be in road unis since the Utes are the designated home team. Nightmare green helmets seem likely, but we could also maybe see the chrome helmets with nightmare wings. I’m guessing we see Nightmare/Eggshell/Nightmare with these new cleats.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

Bringin' back the DCUs! Oh man that's got nostalgia written all over it...bringing back some good ol' memories from my first turn in the sandbox.

If not for the fact that I grew up in about the Navyest town in America, I'd swear those were Air Force alts.  But because said Navyest town also happens to be the birthplace of naval aviation, I actually get the inspiration for these. Nice work, squids.

Should be one of the more interesting Army vs Navy uniform matchups in recent years--though it'll be hard to top those 10th Mountain Division-inspired Army uniforms for me, matched up against my hometown Blue Angels-inspired Navy sets, back in 2017--which of course Army won, because of course we did.

Oh by the way...HOOAH up in this piece!!! #GoArmyNeatNavy

Navy haven't looked good since they jumped the shark and went with UA. The best-looking recent Army-Navy match-ups were 2012-13.

hi-res-158009662_crop_north.jpg?13550129

hi-res-7992178_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived