College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

The Ducks are finally debuting their new green helmets and going with the classic green/white/green at Utah:

spacer.png

Been waiting for the green lids all season, so I’m thrilled to finally see them. With the Utes going all-gray, this game desperately needed some color and the apple green helmets and pants definitely fit the bill. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a slightly new combination from Ole Miss on Saturday.  Throwback numbers on the powder blue helmets over navy jerseys.  We wore the powder blue over navy against Vandy in 2019, but pairing it with the throwback version of the helmet is new.  Excited to see this on the field.  

spacer.png

On 11/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are finally debuting their new green helmets and going with the classic green/white/green at Utah:

spacer.png

Been waiting for the green lids all season, so I’m thrilled to finally see them. With the Utes going all-gray, this game desperately needed some color and the apple green helmets and pants definitely fit the bill. 

Oregon looked perfect tonight. Those new helmets are a keeper. Meanwhile, Utah looked awful. Biggest game of the year and they don’t wear school colors. Blows my mind that schools voluntarily do this. 

On a side note, Oregon State looks perfect tonight and should never be allowed to wear another uniform besides these. 

8 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Oregon looked perfect tonight. Those new helmets are a keeper. Meanwhile, Utah looked awful. Biggest game of the year and they don’t wear school colors. Blows my mind that schools voluntarily do this. 

On a side note, Oregon State looks perfect tonight and should never be allowed to wear another uniform besides these. 

Utah could have added SOME red into this uni and it would have been passable. Too bad Ducks didn't play as good as they looked. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

13 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Isn't the only difference on the ducks' helmet that they replaced a tonal green with a yellow gradient wing decal? Also I don't understand the love for the beavers uniforms. They are just a late 90's catalog order that a bunch of teams wore during that era, which is very unremarkable in my opinion.

16 hours ago, guest23 said:

Isn't the only difference on the ducks' helmet that they replaced a tonal green with a yellow gradient wing decal? Also I don't understand the love for the beavers uniforms. They are just a late 90's catalog order that a bunch of teams wore during that era, which is very unremarkable in my opinion.

It's because the numbers weren't basic block and the team was pretty good back then. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, guest23 said:

It’s not a decal, it’s painted on. The wings on all of their helmets are painted on. So yes, that’s the only difference but all of the green lids had to be repainted over the off-season with the gradient wings. Might seem like a pretty insignificant change, but it made for a pretty substantial difference on the field:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The old tonal wings were hardly visible:

spacer.png

For me, the gradient wings are the perfect compromise between the tonal look and full yellow wings. I’ve never liked the idea of full yellow wings on the green lids (or the black lids, for that matter), so the gradient is the best of both worlds. 

As for the Beavers unis, they have a great color scheme in black/orange/white and it really shines with the simplicity of those unis. I happen to really like the uniqueness of their current look, but if they were to change, something like the 2000 unis would be a good starting point. Their old beaver logo is also 1000x better than the current logo (though nothing beats their “Retro Benny” logo).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, dont care said:

When are they going to realize how awful adding slime green to their uniforms is. Even Oregon was able to step away from volt once the shock factor wore off.

To be fair, this version of the uniform is the best one they've had. The white/dark green do a good job of muting the color to the point of being bearable. Compared to their rather garish previous versions, it is an upgrade. The others just look like they are trying too hard to be cool and shoehorn in yellow, which made the looks worse.

South Florida Slime Uniform — UNISWAG

USF football unveils new SoFlo uniform - Uniform Authority

As for the light green numbers on a white background and visibility, I guess we will have to wait to see the on-field result.

As for their opponents, UCF, they will be debuting the new Knightro logo on their helmets. Looks like they are busting out their black shells for the first time this season.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The old tonal wings were hardly visible:

You know what would've been an even better solution?

Putting the O back on the sides of the helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

To be fair, this version of the uniform is the best one they've had. The white/dark green do a good job of muting the color to the point of being bearable. Compared to their rather garish previous versions, it is an upgrade. The others just look like they are trying too hard to be cool and shoehorn in yellow, which made the looks worse.

As for the light green numbers on a white background and visibility, I guess we will have to wait to see the on-field result.

As for their opponents, UCF, they will be debuting the new Knightro logo on their helmets. Looks like they are busting out their black shells for the first time this season.

Better but still look like garbage. They need to drop the slime green completely. 

11 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I mean, I like creative risks myself, but what in the name of Double Dare, Slimer and TGRI is going on heeerre

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Respectfully:

Nah. 

aQpOEzM.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

22 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

You know what would've been an even better solution?

Putting the O back on the sides of the helmet.

The O isn't a good helmet logo by itself. The wings are definitely their best option. It's unique to Oregon (even though teams like Rice tried to copy it), and it looks way better than the basic O

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Archived