College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

Vandy is teasing all-black uniforms. They have been using glossy black helmets since camp, but have yet to use them in game action. With a little enhancing, it appears that there may be special jerseys, as the gold stripes are not visible on the shoulder cap.

On a speculative note, the stripes on the regular gold helmet are painted on, and the black helmets used in practice have been stripeless. So unless they paint or apply stripes overnight, the helmet will be plain, perhaps donning the throwback “Vandy” script that has been brought back to life recently.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2021 at 8:57 PM, Discrim said:

Saw these in a highlight.  For all that I'd like to applaud the striping consistency, I wish there was more gray below the neck here.  Yall just don't look right in all red, tOSU.

RedUniMockup-scaled-1900.png

They seem to play flat every time they dress up. I wish they’d take the hint. I don’t mind the ’68-style throwbacks, but the other alts have never done it for me. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

13 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

I think that black uniform has some good things going for it but it is all together pretty brutal 

That exterior outline needed to be trimmed down, by a lot. It's just jarring. If this was for a throwback design it makes sense but for this uniform it's just not good. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Vandy is teasing all-black uniforms. They have been using glossy black helmets since camp, but have yet to use them in game action. With a little enhancing, it appears that there may be special jerseys, as the gold stripes are not visible on the shoulder cap.

On a speculative note, the stripes on the regular gold helmet are painted on, and the black helmets used in practice have been stripeless. So unless they paint or apply stripes overnight, the helmet will be plain, perhaps donning the throwback “Vandy” script that has been brought back to life recently.

These are indeed different than the regular set. Gold numerals distinguishable in the latest post.

13 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Is this sarcastic?

Nah I honestly really loved when we were Oregon like with our uniforms. I’m a student here at Baylor and most of the students want the blackout games back.

Excellent!

28 minutes ago, Krz said:

Nah I honestly really loved when we were Oregon like with our uniforms. I’m a student here at Baylor and most of the students want the blackout games back.

Teams look their best when they are wearing school colors. That's why I kind of cringe when Ohio State wears blackout uniforms. It doesn't fit them. Also, Art Briles brought black into the mix which is probably why they've stayed away from them since they redid the uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

54 minutes ago, walkerws said:

I'm going to call it Kent State POWER Blues! 

HEvqb3G.png

It looks nice, but navy helmets and pants would be better.  The logo above the numbers looks bad too.  Also, only 20 year olds should assign some nickname to a uniform set. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, walkerws said:

When your school breaks out a new look, you can give it a nickname.... Oh!

Watch: Gary Payton blown away by pro dunker's display | theScore.com

Since I'm at Maryland now, and not Malone, I get to see a new uniform every few months.  Nice attempt at a burn though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, jerrylawless3 said:

Final Reveal –

StarV returns to a glossy black helmet, along with plain jerseys and pants with gold numerals and TV numbers – no white to be seen. Throwback script Vandy on the helmet bumper. Will see game action in two weeks against Kentucky.

They introduce a beautiful new uniform this year only to screw it up and go back to a plain uniform. SMH! 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I will say, the all-green combo every week is getting stale. Integration of the yellow helmet, Jersey, or pants would be wonderful 

I get why Baylor wanted to standardize their colors across all the sports which resulted in them going with an athletic gold/yellow, but it still feels weird to never see Baylor wearing their traditional vegas gold helmets

6 hours ago, walkerws said:

I'm going to call it Kent State POWER Blues! 

HEvqb3G.png

Kent Diego Super Flashes, Kent Diego!  Flashes flaaaaaaash!

Needs more bolts.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

18 hours ago, Discrim said:

Kent Diego Super Flashes, Kent Diego!  Flashes flaaaaaaash!

Needs more bolts.

They coiuld have easily "borrowed/ repurposed" those razorback unis from a few years ago and made the shoulder caps fit in with the bolt motif. I'm not a fan of the little bolts but any pants are better than these white ones. At least it's not oars and boat BS. 

48 minutes ago, walkerws said:

They coiuld have easily "borrowed/ repurposed" those razorback unis from a few years ago and made the shoulder caps fit in with the bolt motif. I'm not a fan of the little bolts but any pants are better than these white ones. At least it's not oars and boat BS. 

Or "FlashFast". Ohhh . . . . 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived