College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

Beyond excited to see Auburn sporting orange facemasks for the first time since the 1983 season tomorrow against Ole Miss.

Auburn-Tigers--750x750.jpg

Ole Miss will also be playing nicely, wearing their powder blue helmets against Auburn for the first time since 1994. It feels like they've avoided wearing them for this matchup in recent seasons. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/26/2021 at 6:22 PM, Lights Out said:

I hate Oregon too, but... Jerry Sandusky? Joe Paterno? Art Briles? Dave Bliss? A few football uniforms you don't like are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Don’t forget DJ Durkin and his adjacent coaching staff at Maryland who literally killed a player on the practice field.

2 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I usually hate monochrome, but Michigan St. v Michigan looks incredible. The dark green on a natural-grass field contrasts so well with the white over maize. One of the best looking games all year in my opinion.

Green is a pretty inoffensive color for monochrome. I think it’s better they don’t have light colored pants for this one IMO. The decal dosent look as good as plain white would’ve, but I actually don’t mind it  as much as I thought I would 

23 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Beyond excited to see Auburn sporting orange facemasks for the first time since the 1983 season tomorrow against Ole Miss.

Ole Miss will also be playing nicely, wearing their powder blue helmets against Auburn for the first time since 1994. It feels like they've avoided wearing them for this matchup in recent seasons. 

I never realized that Auburn has worn orange facemasks in the past, that's pretty cool. I probably prefer navy facemasks overall, but orange is a fun alternative.

Also, if I remember correctly, I thought the powder blue helmet for Ole Miss used to be a once-a-year type thing, it's interesting that they're wearing it so much more now. At this point, they should honestly just switch to powder & red full-time.

8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Don’t forget DJ Durkin and his adjacent coaching staff at Maryland who literally killed a player on the practice field.

Let's get brian kelly in the mix...it takes a special someone to force a 20 year old staffer staff up in a rickety lift in gale force winds just so you can get some video footage...of practice.

Temple pulled out some *very brutal* black uniforms for their game against UCF today and proceeded to get squashed like any team wearing this should. The white/silver heavy look on black (which limits their beautiful cherry color), the ridiculously thick outline around the numbers, the mismatched diamond patterns, just a bad look all the way around.

FC9sZXqXIAc-1_q?format=jpg&name=medium

I will say, I have not been a fan of the Temple/Nike era so far. Under Armour did a much better job of modernizing the diamond motif.

https%3A%2F%2Fsaturdayblitz.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1062916002.jpeg

Temple Football: Offensive expectations heading into 2018

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Let's get brian kelly in the mix...it takes a special someone to force a 20 year old staffer staff up in a rickety lift in gale force winds just so you can get some video footage...of practice.

You know that situation is bad when it's used in a training video at Costco on what not to do when using a scissor lift. 

In other news, 

Would have been a better match with some more blue, but a good matchup in Fort Collins tonight. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Saw these in a highlight.  For all that I'd like to applaud the striping consistency, I wish there was more gray below the neck here.  Yall just don't look right in all red, tOSU.

RedUniMockup-scaled-1900.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Saw these in a highlight.  For all that I'd like to applaud the striping consistency, I wish there was more gray below the neck here.  Yall just don't look right in all red, tOSU.

I hope they never wear the red pants again. They aren't jarring, but it's what high schools in Ohio that copied Ohio State's uniforms do. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hope they never wear the red pants again. They aren't jarring, but it's what high schools in Ohio that copied Ohio State's uniforms do. 

I guess I'll count my home state fortunate that all the high schools that copy UW's look tend towards more understated uniforms, or have gravitated towards merely copying the motion letter style with different uniform styles (given that such schools tend to be more suburban/rural).  Sounds a lot like the Canadiens' reverse retro jersey-a LOT of junior hockey teams that copy the Habs have used that exact blue sweater with the red stripe.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would like to see the red pants with the white jersey for a road game. 

In Louisiana, plenty have copied LSU's unis, including the one I work at.  Wonder if that's a thing in many other state high schools? 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

To say I was in heaven last night would be an understatement. Auburn's orange facemasks are simply beautiful. 😍

Will be interesting to see how they handle these going forward. Between the navy, white, and now orange facemasks, there isn't a bad one in the bunch. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

34 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

To say I was in heaven last night would be an understatement. Auburn's orange facemasks are simply beautiful. 😍

Will be interesting to see how they handle these going forward. Between the navy, white, and now orange facemasks, there isn't a bad one in the bunch. 

I like these the best. But I think the style of finish that matched what they wore when Bo Jackson was there is the better option.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Discrim said:

So this isn't the worst example of neck-down monochrome I've seen, but I still don't  need to see this ever again.  Maybe bring them out with the white jerseys for some second tier B10 match up... Maybe.

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oh hell yes, Michigan is wearing the maize pants in East Lansing today:

That worked out well for them. 

21 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Temple pulled out some *very brutal* black uniforms for their game against UCF today and proceeded to get squashed like any team wearing this should. The white/silver heavy look on black (which limits their beautiful cherry color), the ridiculously thick outline around the numbers, the mismatched diamond patterns, just a bad look all the way around.

FC9sZXqXIAc-1_q?format=jpg&name=medium

I will say, I have not been a fan of the Temple/Nike era so far. Under Armour did a much better job of modernizing the diamond motif.

https%3A%2F%2Fsaturdayblitz.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1062916002.jpeg

Temple Football: Offensive expectations heading into 2018

I think that black uniform has some good things going for it but it is all together pretty brutal 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived