College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

My team has trophies, too. National championship trophies? No, but eight conference titles, four BCS/NY6/CFP wins, and two Natty appearances since 2000 (most of that coming after 2010) is a pretty good record and a lot more success than most programs in the country over that span. Whether people like it or not, a lot of that success can be attributed to the the flashy uniforms and the role they played in Oregon becoming a household name in the CFB landscape.  

Take a team like UCLA, which has some of the most classic uniforms in college football and has worn some version of those duds for most of their history. How many Nat’l championships do they have? One, and that was way back in 1954. How about a team like Notre Dame, which also has some of the most iconic uniforms in the sport? They have a bunch of championships but none of them have come in the last 30 years. Their success over the last 20 or so years is pretty comparable to Oregon, and even they’ve experimented with a bunch of alternate looks because they know the power they can have in recruiting. 

It’s lazy and unoriginal and also the first “gotcha” joke any non-Oregon fan tries to lob our way. Fine by me, I’ll gladly take my program over yours when mine is actually nationally relevant today and will be for years to come. Embarrassing your team in 2015 was pretty sweet, too.

• Oregon is not a household name in college football, Sorry, they just aren't. They're a niche team in a niche conference that plays football when 80% of the country is asleep.
  • Notre Dame? How about a team like, oh, I don't know...Alabama? Clemson? Oklahoma? Ohio State? LSU? Why on Earth did you plant your flag on Notre Dame? The most consistently overrated program in the last 40 years.
  • You have to go back to 2006 Florida to find a team that has :censored:ed with their uniforms and colors in an excessive manner that has competed for a title.
  • Nobody cares that Oregon has more clothes than Macy's to choose from. Ultimately what does that get you? Nothing.
  • And on behalf of the rest of the country...F-you very much for creating this trend of 26 uniform combinations, 12 helmets, 5 logos. Enjoy your New York fashion Show while Alabama wears the same thing every week and steamrolls you.
  • I'll die on the hill that says Nike and Oregon are the worst thing to happen to college sports.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

• I'll die on the hill that says Nike and Oregon are the worst thing to happen to college sports.

Stripping titles of teams that paid players is much worse. So much worse. Teams like SMU and USC did the fair thing by compensating these players, players who should have always been able to earn money off of their appearances and abilities.

28 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

• Oregon is not a household name in college football, Sorry, they just aren't. They're a niche team in a niche conference that plays football when 80% of the country is asleep.
  • Notre Dame? How about a team like, oh, I don't know...Alabama? Clemson? Oklahoma? Ohio State? LSU? Why on Earth did you plant your flag on Notre Dame? The most consistently overrated program in the last 40 years.
  • You have to go back to 2006 Florida to find a team that has :censored:ed with their uniforms and colors in an excessive manner that has competed for a title.
  • Nobody cares that Oregon has more clothes than Macy's to choose from. Ultimately what does that get you? Nothing.
  • And on behalf of the rest of the country...F-you very much for creating this trend of 26 uniform combinations, 12 helmets, 5 logos. Enjoy your New York fashion Show while Alabama wears the same thing every week and steamrolls you.

Oregon isn’t a household name in college football? That’s just laughable and you know it. And again, that team that supposedly isn’t a household name embarrassed the :censored: out of your team on the grandest stage in 2015.

I’ll give you Alabama and Clemson, those two really don’t mess with their unis and even when they have it’s been minor changes. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and LSU have all experimented with alternate looks, especially the Fighting Irish, Buckeyes, and Tigers. Obviously their regular sets have stayed very much the same and are worn for every game but once or twice a season, but they’ve still experimented with different looks because they know it’s eye candy for recruits and garners media attention. 

Nobody cares about all the uniform combos that Oregon has? Clearly you care since you’ve gotten so worked up about it. 

You are so incredibly welcome for Oregon creating that trend. I love that it pisses people like you off so much.

Would Alabama stream roll us? I have no idea, the two have never played, even in the last 10 or so years when the Ducks have often been near the top of the rankings and in BCS/NY6 games. I think it’d be a lot closer than you might think, especially with a coach now that knows Saban’s philosophy and prides himself on much of the same. That’s really neither here nor there.

Nobody is stopping you from dying on that hill. If you wanna die on a hill that ridiculous, then by all means go for it. Oregon didn’t make any school follow their lead of going with multiple helmets and countless combinations; all of the other schools that have done that made that choice for themselves. And again, even some of the so-called traditional powers have done that in some capacity, albeit in a much more limited manner. 

Again, though, you’re more than welcome to die on that hill. I’ll just be sitting back and laughing. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Dave Bliss? 

Apparently slandering a murder victim and telling your players to keep slandering a murder victim is an ineffective means of covering up your misdeeds. Who would've guessed?

We should also remember that Bliss probably knew that Carlton Dotson's mental health was in the toilet (burgeoning schizophrenia, most likely) and didn't request any kind of intervention for him.

2 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Rent free lmao

spacer.png

Y'all... I feel like this goes without saying but just know that guy doesn't speak for all FSU fans. 

FSUVike, you really should be charging Oregon rent.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

MSU going green logo on green helmet against Michigan. Seems awful redundant when they have a perfectly fine green helmet already. 

White Sparty on a green helmet would look better.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:52 PM, FSUViking said:

Incredible: everything you said was wrong.

Still living rent free from the rose bowl, huh?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

The Ducks will be in their popular “bumblebee” black/yellow/black combination this Saturday for the first time since 2017:

spacer.png

This is probably my second favorite home combo of theirs after the classic yellow/green/yellow, so I’m thrilled to see it return. The new black lids pair perfectly with the new yellow jerseys, and the combo as a whole is definitely one of their better looks of the season so far.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks will be in their popular “bumblebee” black/yellow/black combination this Saturday for the first time since 2017:

spacer.png

This is probably my second favorite home combo of theirs after the classic yellow/green/yellow, so I’m thrilled to see it return. The new black lids pair perfectly with the new yellow jerseys, and the combo as a whole is definitely one of their better looks of the season so far.

I'd like to see green numbers on those jerseys/set. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'd like to see green numbers on those jerseys/set. 

You’re not alone on that, I’ve even seen some Ducks fans saying the same thing this year and in years past. I personally have never liked the look of apple green numbers on the yellow jerseys in mock-ups that I’ve made or seen other people make, but I do think forest green could look really good. The yellow jerseys from the last set actually had Nightmare green numbers, but it was tough to tell that they were actually green in certain lighting. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Arizona State and Stanford are both going with their blackout looks this week. The Sun Devils are wearing their maroon color-shift helmets with decals that purposely try to mimic the crappy pajama pattern on the jerseys and pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

You’re not alone on that, I’ve even seen some Ducks fans saying the same thing this year and in years past. I personally have never liked the look of apple green numbers on the yellow jerseys in mock-ups that I’ve made or seen other people make, but I do think forest green could look really good. The yellow jerseys from the last set actually had Nightmare green numbers, but it was tough to tell that they were actually green in certain lighting. 

I'll echo that and say I LOVED the nightmare green. It was a great way of tying in the darker green used in the past as well as being so close to black that it really made yellow pop off of it. Plus it was true to the green and yellow scheme. I don't necessarily hate the black but I'd personally rather have the nightmare green instead. 

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Arizona State and Stanford are both going with their blackout looks this week. The Sun Devils are wearing their maroon color-shift helmets with decals that purposely try to mimic the crappy pajama pattern on the jerseys and pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can we stop talking about Oregon for two seconds to acknowledge what a joke Arizona State’s uniforms have become? I’d call it an Arena League look but the Arena League was classier. This is Adidas at the height of their insanity, ensuring every uniform element is stretched and giving away the overall look of a $5.66 outfit from Walmart.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived