College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dont care said:

All I got to say is why? I guess when you run out of ideas for uniforms “let’s just throw specks all over it, people will still buy that it’s innovative design, because we’re Nike”

I mean, yeah, I think you did partially answer your own question. The speckles are also a very popular design element on Jordans and on Nike sportswear gear:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
If anything, it’s actually pretty surprising it’s taken this long for them to utilize a speckle design on a uniform with how many different alts and one-offs they’ve had. They’re billing it as the “Eggshell” collection, which is kind of a convenient excuse for the speckle pattern, but it’s just a trendy Nike design element more than anything.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It bothers me that they couldn’t bother to cut the decal at the ear hole

I could see the reasoning being that the decal doesn't extend past the ear hole, so they decided to keep the whole decal instead of just cutting off the end. The decal is quite large, so shrinking it a bit would have fixed the problem too.

Side note; Hanover, NH is very nice and the Dartmouth stadium has a cool brick facade/entrance/back of grandstand.

IbjBaeE.png

On 10/3/2021 at 10:22 PM, aawagner011 said:

A few recruits have been spotted at Georgia wearing an all-black combination.

I don’t think they are real game pants. Maybe just for recruiting.

1) The white stripe does not match. Since both the jersey and pants are black, you’d think both would have similar color balance. The contrasting color on the jersey is red while it is white on the pants.

2067-A99-A-8-E2-B-452-A-9-B2-D-9-A4-B03-

2) The patch on this guy is literally peeling off.

A09-C4-CD2-9201-456-F-AB21-2-AE0-A89440-

3) Now that you’ve noticed the patch, notice anything else? There’s a registered trademark symbol.

849199-AD-6-CFF-47-EB-A520-5-A683137-D1-

There’s no registered trademark symbol on the regular pants. Also, the G patch on the regular pants is a rubbery material.

15050542.jpeg

4) There’s a weird seam on the back of the thigh.

C898-D865-862-D-46-CE-9-F91-1-C8-EB54-A2

My guess? Georgia knows the alternate uniforms are enjoyed by recruits (we’ve already seen recruits mixing the regular red jersey with the 1980 red throwback pants which clearly don’t match the rest of the uniform). They probably went out and got some catalog black Nike pants and slapped a G on them.

Another recruit seen in a new combo at Georgia, this time all white. Like the black, I think these are catalog pants to give them different styles to wear on visits and not real game pants. There is precedent for all white at Georgia. They wore all white in the 1960s and 1970s and also against Tennessee in 1999. Definitely prefer silver britches as the default but all white once or twice per season would be a clean look. So would an updated red pant option on the road (similar to last year’s 1980 throwback).

56 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Teal helmet for coastal!!!

They look incredible! It’s a travesty this is the first time I’ve seen them wear them in the nearly 5 games I’ve watched of theirs over the last two seasons.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 10/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

TCU's spikey collar thing is stupid.

Water is wet.

Also, these need to be Coastal's primary helmets.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 10/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, upperV03 said:

The Ducks’ new eggshell alternate jersey is visible on Nike.com:

These images make the jerseys look gray, but they are actually white. All of the rumors said it’d be off-white, so we’ll have to wait and see what the real thing looks like.

We don’t yet know what the pants will look like, but here’s a mock-up of the jersey with matching speckled pants:

Another combination from Oregon that no one asked for.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, alecgoff said:

These helmets do look really good. The finish makes it look even better

looked good last night in person.

taking that L in Boone was even better! :)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

And now for actual in-game photos (going forward, it'd be helpful for people to post what pictures you can find, for the rest of us who can't see and thus don't know what y'all be talking about)...

CoastalCarolinaAppalachianStFootball.JPG

app-state-coastal.jpg

You know, I look at this and I wonder: I'm dang near positive Coastal is the only D1 college in the country (if not the only one period) that uses teal as its primary color, and now seeing this guise now leads me to wonder about Jacksonville and the Jaguars...I've long been hesitant to consider them in teal helmets, but if they were to ever go all-in on it, this might provide a preview (minus the white facemasks, of course).

I want to see Coastal use those teal helmets with teal jerseys over white pants (I guess black would work, too), just to see how it'd look in real life.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived