College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

14 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

They must have only come in blue back in the late 80's ;)

AHBLCF7XEFKO3L54CDHFPEUT34.jpg

See, people tend to forget that football players have always had bad taste. The wacky socks and exposed undershirts are just today’s version of this.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TGroce said:

Haha, imagine the meltdown on this board if an A&M player wore blue sleeves this weekend

I actually got this pic from a thread on a board started by someone complaining about a WR wearing blue gloves and cleats during the Alabama game. Ainias Smith is number 0 and goes by the nickname Sub-Zero.

Texas A&M wide receiver Ainias Smith celebrates with wide receivers Demond Demas (1) and Jalen Preston (5) after scoring a touchdown against Alabama during the second half of a game Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021, in College Station, Texas.

The Ducks will be debuting new black jerseys and going all-black on Friday night against Cal:

spacer.png
I’m actually a little disappointed that the jerseys don’t have the same shoulder design as the green, yellow, and white jerseys, but I’m still a fan of the black and yellow. Should look good under the lights.

Edit: Apparently these were supposed to be released last year, but had to be pushed back due to Covid supply chain issues. That explains why they have the shoulder stripe from the last set rather than the new wing design. They do have the same number treatment as the new set, though.  

Also, the Ducks have one more jersey yet to be revealed and it’s supposed to be this year’s “special” jersey (like the Ohana design last year).  It’s an off-white base with some sort of speckled pattern. Haven’t seen any pics yet, just a vague description from a couple of sources. Could be worn next week at UCLA.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

It's so played out. At least the nightmare green was somewhat unique.

I still think the Nightmare Green uniforms they pulled out a few years ago are one of the best sets they have ever worn. A better version of the 2012 uniforms.

Falling short: Wisconsin Badgers lose back-and-forth battle to Oregon Ducks  in Rose Bowl | College Football | madison.com

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks will be debuting new black jerseys and going all-black on Friday night against Cal:

spacer.png
I’m actually a little disappointed that the jerseys don’t have the same shoulder design as the green, yellow, and white jerseys, but I’m still a fan of the black and yellow. Should look good under the lights.

Edit: Apparently these were supposed to be released last year, but had to be pushed back due to Covid supply chain issues. That explains why they have the shoulder stripe from the last set rather than the new wing design. They do have the same number treatment as the new set, though.  

Also, the Ducks have one more jersey yet to be revealed and it’s supposed to be this year’s “special” jersey (like the Ohana design last year).  It’s an off-white base with some sort of speckled pattern. Haven’t seen any pics yet, just a vague description from a couple of sources. Could be worn next week at UCLA.

Where did you find out about them being from last year?

36 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Where did you find out about them being from last year?

A source that’s connected to both Nike and the football program. Same source that told me about there being one more jersey this year, the off-white one that’s yet to be revealed. The black jerseys were meant to be sort of a “bridge” between the last set and the new one this season, with the shoulder stripe matching the last set and the number treatment matching the new set. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

I still think the Nightmare Green uniforms they pulled out a few years ago are one of the best sets they have ever worn. A better version of the 2012 uniforms.

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

It's so played out. At least the nightmare green was somewhat unique.

I’m definitely sad to see the Nightmare green gone and no longer an option with this new set. I posted on here several times that I actually preferred it over black, as I thought it was a good blend between the old forest green and black. I will say that black is a little more versatile in that it can be paired with the yellow, apple green, and even white sets if they wanted to, whereas the Nightmare green likely would’ve clashed with the apple green and prevented a combo like the black/green/black that we saw against Arizona a couple weeks back. I like the black and yellow together, and it’s really a staple look that’s always been pretty popular with the rest of the fanbase, so I’m not surprised to see it return. I definitely did enjoy the Nightmare green the last two years, although I know a lot of non-Ducks fans didn’t like it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

More Pac-12 combos for this week. Utah going white/black/white against Arizona State, who is going maroon/white/maroon:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wazzu going gray/anthracite/anthracite against Stanford:

UW going with their throwbacks (more like fauxbacks, really) against UCLA:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

I actually got this pic from a thread on a board started by someone complaining about a WR wearing blue gloves and cleats during the Alabama game. Ainias Smith is number 0 and goes by the nickname Sub-Zero

I have a theory. I've seen similar instances over the years in HBCU football.  Some players will wear accessories (mainly gloves, arm bands, head bands & mouth guards) in the colors of their fraternities despite what the team's colors are. So for example, a Grambling player might wear blue arm bands with his black and yellow uniform if he were a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.  Perhaps that's a thing outside of HBCU sports as well 🤷🏿‍♂️

With that said, I am not familiar with this guy from Texas A&M or know his reasoning for wearing blue stuff.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived