College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

On 9/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, upperV03 said:

Stanford is breaking out Jim Plunkett-era throwbacks on Saturday against the Ducks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought this looked damn good! Gave me a West Coast Penn State vibe. Slap the current tree S decal on the helmet and use  more often. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see Troy vs South Carolina...Troy essentially wore what South Carolina used to wear in the 80s/90s and maybe late 2010s (Crimson helmets, white jerseys, black pants)

Facts, highlights from South Carolina football's 23-14 win over Troy

Jake Bentley - Football - University of South Carolina Athletics

Buckshots: 1997 Gamecock Flashback – The Rubber Chickens Blog

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

I thought this looked damn good! Gave me a West Coast Penn State vibe. Slap the current tree S decal on the helmet and use  more often. 

Not saying you’re wrong, they were absolutely good looking, but if you want “West Coast Penn State” this is actually further from that than the primaries lol

54 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

spacer.png

To be honest, I’m not as much of a fan of this combo for Michigan  as I thought I’d be. I didn’t mind the navy pants with the navy jersey, but one of the reason why the maize pants work so well is because there’s so much maize on the helmet. With the navy pants and the white jersey, there isn’t enough balance from all that maize on the helmet.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

To be honest, I’m not as much of a fan of this combo for Michigan  as I thought I’d be. I didn’t mind the navy pants with the navy jersey, but one of the reason why the maize pants work so well is because there’s so much maize on the helmet. With the navy pants and the white jersey, there isn’t enough balance from all that maize on the helmet.

As a Michigan fan, I agree. I really liked the all-blue, but this looks unbalanced and kinda bush-league.

A few recruits have been spotted at Georgia wearing an all-black combination.

I don’t think they are real game pants. Maybe just for recruiting.

1) The white stripe does not match. Since both the jersey and pants are black, you’d think both would have similar color balance. The contrasting color on the jersey is red while it is white on the pants.

2067-A99-A-8-E2-B-452-A-9-B2-D-9-A4-B03-

2) The patch on this guy is literally peeling off.

A09-C4-CD2-9201-456-F-AB21-2-AE0-A89440-

3) Now that you’ve noticed the patch, notice anything else? There’s a registered trademark symbol.

849199-AD-6-CFF-47-EB-A520-5-A683137-D1-

There’s no registered trademark symbol on the regular pants. Also, the G patch on the regular pants is a rubbery material.

15050542.jpeg

4) There’s a weird seam on the back of the thigh.

C898-D865-862-D-46-CE-9-F91-1-C8-EB54-A2

My guess? Georgia knows the alternate uniforms are enjoyed by recruits (we’ve already seen recruits mixing the regular red jersey with the 1980 red throwback pants which clearly don’t match the rest of the uniform). They probably went out and got some catalog black Nike pants and slapped a G on them.

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

6 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

As a Michigan fan, I agree. I really liked the all-blue, but this looks unbalanced and kinda bush-league.

It does have a practice uniform sort of vibe to it, but I think that it's fun to see uber-traditional teams experimenting with uniform pieces. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

The rumored Black jersey for Tennessee is now on sale. Wonder which game they'll break it out for?

Alabama? Hahahahaha!!!!!

17 hours ago, See Red said:

That's a good looking helmet that they could keep as an alternate by updating that UF.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ASU all maroon versus Stanford this Friday…it’s also Hispanic Heritage night giving us this custom helmet stripe decal:

7jo0J44.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

On 10/4/2021 at 3:11 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

Speaking of gray, Illinois HC Brey Bielema killed off their Gray Ghost uniform.

A little bit disappointing, but not unsurprising. Illinois has only worn 3 combos this season: Orange/Navy/Orange, Orange/White/Orange, and Orange/White/White. Bielema has the Illini on a more traditional path as a whole. Hopefully their whole set updates within the next few seasons to help fit the aesthetic a bit better (i.e. more white on the home jersey).

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

10 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

A little bit disappointing, but not unsurprising. Illinois has only worn 3 combos this season: Orange/Navy/Orange, Orange/White/Orange, and Orange/White/White. Bielema has the Illini on a more traditional path as a whole. Hopefully their whole set updates within the next few seasons to help fit the aesthetic a bit better (i.e. more white on the home jersey).

I can't wait until bilema puts them in 90's ILLINOIS uniforms full time and another nike brand unification/modernization initiative is laid to waste via futility on the field and a new coach wanting to get back to tradition.

Archived