2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Maybe that rumor about Brees hating the hold pants was true

Which seems weird since he wore gold pants for most of his career at Purdue. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Seattle most likely in  grey/grey at Arizona this Sunday… hopefully AZ switches it up and goes with red/red. I’m just tired of seeing grey/grey vs. red/white. AZ in black vs Seattle last season was somewhat refreshing although it was a mediocre matchup. Seattle really needs to wear grey against other teams. This is probably the best looking Seahawks Cardinals matchup I’ve seen with the current sets, and it’s still not that great:spacer.png

Eagles going green over white, so no wackiness for the home finale.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Eagles going green over white, so no wackiness for the home finale.  

I don't understand why teams like them are totally fine with doing absurd things like mixing black pants with the white jersey, but yet the green jersey white pants combo is untouchable. Not saying they should mess with it or not; I just don't understand the logic.

Son of a :censored:. Those screwballs really brought back their true primary jersey only to forsake their true primary combo: black helmet, teal jersey, white pants, and black freaking socks. They’ve worn TWELVE different jersey-pants-sock combos this seasons (including preseason), and couldn’t be bothered to look like themselves once. Except, the Jaguars did look very familiar, after all: like a direly inept franchise with a seemingly pathological aversion to having any sort of identity. 

PW1: TBB*

PW2: TWW*

PW3: TWW

W1: TBT*

W2: WWW*

W3: WTT*

W4: WBW*

W5: TTT*

W6: BBB*

W8: WBB*

W9: TWT*

W10: WTW*

W11: TWT

W12: TBB

W13: WBB

W14: WBB

W15: TTT

W16: WBB

W17: WWB*

W18: TWW

Folks, we’ve been teased for years for some team to come forth as the prophesied “Oregon of the NFL” and, for better or for worse, you’re looking at it. I really think that this is their desperate attempt to admit that Coughlin screwed their stuff up really bad a few years back and to spice things up for the fans while we wait in the wings for a “real” uniform come 2023. (I mean, this time it has to be good and neo-classical based on recent trends, right? Right?? Like, this isn’t something that the Jags have never proven to be able to get right since the first time, right?? RIGHT??????)

Man, :censored: this team.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Isn't the NFL rules 3 games limit on alternates and throwbacks? Why is Baltimore allowed to exceed the limit? The league has allowed the Ravens to do that continually. I don't understand it.

The NFL barely seems to care at all about any of their set guidelines being violated, so what's another one gonna matter! Lol

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

13 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

The NFL barely seems to care at all about any of their set guidelines being violated, so what's another one gonna matter! Lol

Which is why getting rid of the one helmet rule will be such a disaster. Whatever lip service rules they put in place will be ignored and, for the teams that want it, they'll have free rein go crazy. There's a handful of teams, Baltimore and Jacksonville on the list, that if they intro alt helmets, you can expect a totally different combo for all 17 games, and that's excluding socks.

15 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Never seen so many alternates in the final week of the season. I think we're up to 5 or 6 now.

I see 4 confirmed... Broncos, Lions, Ravens, Dolphins. Many are assuming Seahawks but not confirmed. Where are you getting 5 or 6?

16 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I don't understand why teams like them are totally fine with doing absurd things like mixing black pants with the white jersey, but yet the green jersey white pants combo is untouchable. Not saying they should mess with it or not; I just don't understand the logic.

They weren't totally fine with mixing the black pants with the white jerseys.  According to one of the writers, the owner repeatedly said no to it, then finally relented after a couple of players went to him directly.  I don't know what the big deal about the black pants is, but apparently it was a big deal to them.

I don't think there's much to read into here - it could be as simple as they think the black pants would look awful with the green jerseys and even the players don't care.  Or it could be that the players simply don't like the green pants so they won't go mono or wear them on the road anymore (some players, even those who aren't here anymore, have called them the "slow green pants".)  Or it could be that they're likely going to be playing their 3rd and 4th string players and don't want to draw any more attention to themselves.

Despite having the stupid all-black set, the Eagles have been really conservative since going to the current set in '03, and even since switching to midnight green in '96.  Other than a mono-green game in '02, and a black over green game in '03 or '04, they haven't done any mixing and matching till the black pants this year, which IMO isn't really a big deal.  They're actually one of the most brand-aware teams in the league.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, canzman said:

I see 4 confirmed... Broncos, Lions, Ravens, Dolphins. Many are assuming Seahawks but not confirmed. Where are you getting 5 or 6?

Well assuming the Seahawks do, which I think it’s obvious they will, that will be five. 5 or 6 was my estimate. I can’t recall seeing more than one or two in the past decade.

16 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Jaguars are wearing teal/white/white (at least they announce the sock color even if it's evidently based on the flip of a coin)

Lions appear to be wearing throwback. Never seen so many alternates in the final week of the season. I think we're up to 5 or 6 now.

I, for one, will be rooting hard for them no matter what they wear this week.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

17 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Son of a :censored:. Those screwballs really brought back their true primary jersey only to forsake their true primary combo: black helmet, teal jersey, white pants, and black freaking socks. They’ve worn TWELVE different jersey-pants-sock combos this seasons (including preseason), and couldn’t be bothered to look like themselves once. Except, the Jaguars did look very familiar, after all: like a direly inept franchise with a seemingly pathological aversion to having any sort of identity. 

PW1: TBB*

PW2: TWW*

PW3: TWW

W1: TBT*

W2: WWW*

W3: WTT*

W4: WBW*

W5: TTT*

W6: BBB*

W8: WBB*

W9: TWT*

W10: WTW*

W11: TWT

W12: TBB

W13: WBB

W14: WBB

W15: TTT

W16: WBB

W17: WWB*

W18: TWW

Folks, we’ve been teased for years for some team to come forth as the prophesied “Oregon of the NFL” and, for better or for worse, you’re looking at it. I really think that this is their desperate attempt to admit that Coughlin screwed their stuff up really bad a few years back and to spice things up for the fans while we wait in the wings for a “real” uniform come 2023. (I mean, this time it has to be good and neo-classical based on recent trends, right? Right?? Like, this isn’t something that the Jags have never proven to be able to get right since the first time, right?? RIGHT??????)

Man, :censored: this team.

Much like the Ravens, they look better with black pants anyway. For whatever reason, white pants with black helmets have never looked good to me. Their Week 1 combo is their ideal color combinatiom.

There are bigger problems with the Jaguars' uniforms than not always wearing white pants - like how boring they are, and the total lack of gold trim.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

24 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Those green pants sure looked slow in their lone appearance this season:

np3relqeukgo8eudkenp.gif

Obviously they’re so slow that he had to cut them so they’re above the knee. If they were regulation length, he would have been caught at the 5. 

Archived