2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 1/20/2022 at 11:17 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I think we're in for a relatively good-looking Super Bowl this year....

1351928000.0.jpg

The inverse of this would be even better! In fact, KC's & GB's respective, aesthetic, apparel regalia of red helmet/white jersey/red pants/white, striped socks (including consistent striping throughout the entire ensemble) vs. gold helmet/green jersey/gold pants/green socks is probably the current best uniform match-up possible in the NFL — and long has been so, regardless of slight adaptations / modifications along the way in either franchise's case.

I mean, after all, we are talking one of the (if not THE) top-tier home attire appearances clashing in a stellar, meshing, mix-n-match fashion — far away from & above some of the worst "mish-mashup" combinations available among the whole league during this day & age — against that of an upper echelon (again, if not THE best, now & perhaps ever, as in the G.O.A.T.) road gear looks! I genuinely hope & pray (a bit of hyperbole there, but hey) that one day the stars shall align for such a SB meeting.

Plus, granted, as unlikely as it probably may be for this specific postseason — pending KC's decision due to the AFC holding the proverbial deck of cards in terms of choice amid this theoretical, hypothetical scenario, which is almost assuredly an obviously decipherable one — my wishful thinking is that it could even occur this year! Additionally, that dream of a feasible / plausible reality becomes especially enhanced & amplified when considering all the star power involved, particularly at the QB position! Oh, and KC finally avenges their SB I loss a mere 55 years later!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2022 at 11:01 PM, Old School Fool said:

I don't know why the horn on the helmet didn't look like this. The detail adds alot to the idea that it's a ram horn and not some crescent moon thing.

rams_wbg.png

Going back to this thought, I mocked up what I would do if I had to change the Rams’ previous horn:

GvKSMT1.png

It involves the gradients that are present in the current identity, while also alluding to the fact that the horn has been both white and gold in the past. The gradients also help give a 3D nature to the horn, bringing the Rams into modernity while also elevating them a step above any other teams that try to copy them, such as CSU and surely plenty of high schools.

8 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

WHAT THEY SHOULD WEAR:

2021_CIN_D.png

How about orange socks instead of white for once? I always preferred that apparel's appearance making for a nice addition to their 2004 white-on-black road regalia, as opposed to other combinations. I can't believe they still have yet to try said sock color to particularly pair with the rest as a part of this specific 2021 set!

8 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

How about orange socks instead of white for once? I always preferred that apparel's appearance making for a nice addition to their 2004 white-on-black road regalia, as opposed to other combinations. I can't believe they still have yet to try said sock color to particularly pair with the rest as a part of this specific 2021 set!

I 100% agree with you, I only looked through the current combinations that the teams wore this season

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

WHAT THEY REALLY SHOULD WEAR:

huec6ntufrztvwsvgqru.jpg

2021_SF_A.png2021_GB_D.png

nhpro3njt7a2kpyfitff.jpg

gettyimages-1782997.jpg

Agreed on all of these, but IMO this is also acceptable  (disregarding the fact that the Bucs would be wearing white at home):

1191270202.jpeg

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

WHAT THEY REALLY SHOULD WEAR:

gettyimages-1782997.jpg

"Old = better" is a lazy take, especially when this is objectively better:

Bills-Chiefs-1024x561.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

37 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I hate red helmets for the Bills, since their logo only works on a white helmet. It was designed for white helmets.

dca5856a6c21da1b0bf972c9abdb0b46.jpg

However, I can see why some have nostalgia for the red helmets and I think it'll be good for an early-'90s throwback.

The white helmet is objectively better for the Bills. The red helmet is too busy

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

51 minutes ago, Cujo said:

General question: Is it still a rule that alternate/throwback jersey aren't allowed in the playoffs?

You definitely can't wear them in the SB. I've never heard of it not being allowed in the playoffs before the SB, but all of the instances I can think of where I thought a team wore an alternate in the postseason was actually just them going monochrome with their normal sets.

12 minutes ago, insert name said:

Rams wore an alternative/throwback in the Super Bowl a few years back. 

That was their designated home uniform that season

4 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:
21 minutes ago, insert name said:

Rams wore an alternative/throwback in the Super Bowl a few years back. 

Correct.

The year following, the 49ers petitioned the Commissioners office to wear their '94 Throwbacks in their Super Bowl but were ultimately denied

6uXNWAo.png

22 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

You definitely can't wear them in the SB. I've never heard of it not being allowed in the playoffs before the SB, but all of the instances I can think of where I thought a team wore an alternate in the postseason was actually just them going monochrome with their normal sets.

The 9ers did get approval to wear their throwbacks throughout the playoffs in 94 including the super bowl

Archived