2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

No purple pants is a major letdown, but at least we get the Dolphins in aqua. If it's not throwback, I hope we get all aqua.

Meanwhile I'm like, "how many Thursday night games are the Ravens playing to be 'wearing a different color jersey every' for every one of them"?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Crabcake said:

At least the Dolphins will look good. 

(for the record, I don’t think the Ravens’ white over black is an objectively terrible combo. it’s just that it’s by far the weakest one and they look 10x better every time they wear purple pants.)

Exactly my sentiment on that uniform; it's not the worst of the worst in all of NFL history. I always recall the Flacco era when I see that and it can make for a good look if you ask me. It's just that now we've seen purple pants as an option since 2018, it falls down the totem pole amongst all the uniforms that can be used.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

Meanwhile I'm like, "how many Thursday night games are the Ravens playing to be 'wearing a different color jersey every' for every one of them"?

Well... let's check the history on that, shall we? To the board we go with every...

Ravens uniform worn on TNF over the years!

2020 & 2019: all-black at home

2016 & 2017: Color Rush at home

2018: white/purple at Cincinnati (first time we saw those beautiful pants)

2015 & 2006: all-white at Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

2014: purple/white at home

2012: purple/black at home

They're almost there. After the team dons white/black Thursday night, all that's missing is to wear non-CR purple in a TNF game. We'll see if they get the chance next year.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

3 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s been done, it looked awful then too. Just because a game is prime time doesn’t mean teams need to change from their established superior looks.

If they switched the navy and orange on the helmet, numbers, and pants, Miami could add some life to their jerseys. Wouldn’t look great, but not as drab as the current ones.

18 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If they switched the navy and orange on the helmet, numbers, and pants, Miami could add some life to their jerseys. Wouldn’t look great, but not as drab as the current ones.

Here’s a mock-up of what it would look like if the Dolphins got rid of the navy in their stripes and replaced it with more orange. One can only dream. 

F4-C30-C1-D-810-E-45-B5-AFF9-75-EB293-A0

8 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

Here’s a mock-up of what it would look like if the Dolphins got rid of the navy in their stripes and replaced it with more orange. One can only dream. 

F4-C30-C1-D-810-E-45-B5-AFF9-75-EB293-A0

🙄
I meant with navy trim. Like swapping the orange and the navy on the pre-2018 set.

I know they swapped them already.

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

Hey I don't follow or pay attention to them enough to know, but does the Jets having their twitter profile pic being black give any indication to them wearing those this week, or has it been like that all the time?

I doubt they are wearing black a third week in a row

1 hour ago, dont care said:

If they do, I’d be willing to bet it’s either black/white/black or green/black/green.

Now that the team realizes they can actually mix and match the black uniform with the other ones, they’ll likely keep toying with it.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Last week was just black pants. I guess it’s possible they wanted to wear black on Halloween and vs. Buffalo since that is the only division opponent they haven’t worn it against. Just happened to be two weeks apart.

It appears the Dolphins are saving their aqua throwbacks for either one or both of their final two home games against the Jets and Pats. They haven’t worn them versus the Jets, but we see them against the Pats every damn year. Not sure why they’d pass up a national audience when they have a rare home night game this week SMH

7 hours ago, Crabcake said:

At least the Dolphins will look good. 

(for the record, I don’t think the Ravens’ white over black is an objectively terrible combo. it’s just that it’s by far the weakest one and they look 10x better every time they wear purple pants.)

What makes it terrible is the lack of pants stripe and the black socks. Them and the Saints are definitely the two worst offenders of the leggings look. I'd say they could use purple socks, but then they'd probably just wear those with the purple pants and ruin that combo. They really really need a pants stripe on those black pants though.

6 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Seahawks cover photo this week is wolf grey. Could likely see that for the first time this season at Lambeau Sunday. They wore that combo there in 2016.

The Twitter cover has been white/grey/green for every road game so far. The real key is to check the uniform of the player that they show and it's Alex Collins in a white jersey so it means they'll probably be in white. The only question is the pants because normally they show the full uniform on there but this week it only has the white jersey with the pants being cropped out. 

11 hours ago, GoHawks said:

The Twitter cover has been white/grey/green for every road game so far. The real key is to check the uniform of the player that they show and it's Alex Collins in a white jersey so it means they'll probably be in white. The only question is the pants because normally they show the full uniform on there but this week it only has the white jersey with the pants being cropped out. 

That jersey looks more gray to me than white. But I see in the corner what looks like the Steelers shoulder stripes, so maybe you are right since they wore white against Pittsburgh.

18 hours ago, Jamesw244 said:

Dolphins are gonna be in Aqua Jerseys and White pants. I totally thought we were gonna be in all aqua or throwback. This matchup is a downgrade from white/purple vs throwback aqua, but I'm just happy we are even wearing aqua jerseys.

Thank god it’s not all aqua, that’s a terrible look.

Archived