2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

-We're the orange team in this division!

-No, WE'RE the orange team!

-Fine, we'll both be the orange team and make it unwatchable for everyone!

Bengals are going all-black for the first time in the new unis so it'll be more watchable than when the two teams collaborated on this disaster. 

617462618-cleveland-browns-v-cincinnati-

Browns-Bengals-Orange-2.png

617474864.jpg

People always bring up that Falcons-Lions game as the worst looking game in NFL history, but this game in 2016 gets my vote. It was physically difficult to watch. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sport said:

Bengals are going all-black for the first time in the new unis so it'll be more watchable than when the two teams collaborated on this disaster. 

617474864.jpg

People always bring up that Falcons-Lions game as the worst looking game in NFL history, but this game in 2016 gets my vote. It was physically difficult to watch. 

This at least looks like a team scrimmage instead of a swirl of bad tie dye colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

24 minutes ago, Sport said:

617474864.jpg

Yeah that's the game I had in mind when I made that post ahah

19 minutes ago, Sport said:

617474864.jpg

Although not as much of a headache, whenever the Texans and Patriots played when NE was in their Brady-Era duds, it was like watching a fight between siblings. They’re literally the same uniform template. Both wearing the same color shades and the same striping on jersey and pants. The only salvageable part of the matchup that made it anywhere close to palatable was the Patriots silver/grey.

spacer.png

At least the 2020-present set offers somewhat of a reasonable decent looking matchup, but even then it’s still marred by too much navy. Either New England needs to bring back silver/grey pants or Houston needs to learn to wear their red alternates more

spacer.png

23 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I like everything about the Jets look except for the black jersey and pants and the helmet logo. Everything else is perfect. Even the black accents on the white and green jerseys. That's exactly how much black they should use.

Also, has anyone else noticed that lots of players on the Colts frequently have their numbers all bunched up? Like they get all folded or something. I have no clue why and I haven't noticed it with any other team.

Everything is perfect, except for the things that aren’t…

23 hours ago, SCL said:

The Jets have an awful identity, up there with Nike Browns Part I. Straight out of the MAC.

I wouldn’t go nearly that far. I don’t like their logo all that well - a modernized version of the ‘80s logo would’ve worked better - but I understand the idea behind the look. 

The helmet is gorgeous. I love the shade of green. I’m fine with the uniform striping, although I’d probably give it a black outline at a minimum. The green and white jerseys, green and white pants, and green socks all look good. If they’d stick to the basics of their look, they wouldn’t look half bad. 

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I’m almost inclined to say Atlanta needs red socks

Atlanta needs its Dirty Birds-era road uniform in its entirety, if we’re being honest. Red numbers, red socks, silver pants with black and red striping, black helmet, black logo on the jersey. So balanced. 

Glad the Eagles are wearing the midnight green. The Chargers being in their white or yellow pants will make the uniform match good either way.

The Jets being white tops and black pants is decent. I wish they wore the black jerseys with white pants. 

Is Miami wearing white uniform against Houston? The only time the home team was in their dark color in this series was the 2018 game 3 years ago on TNF.

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Is Miami wearing white uniform against Houston? The only time the home team was in their dark color in this series was the 2018 game 3 years ago on TNF.

I’d be shocked if this game is anything other than navy/white vs. white/white. Miami is already confirmed to be in white at home in Weeks 12 and 13.

Nice observation about the home team only wearing color once. That is truly bizarre. Even that game had Houston in Color Rush and Miami in white from head to toe, which almost shouldn’t even count.

16 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

The red pants are the ultimate case of me just wanting to see them on the field out of curiosity. I don't expect it to look good, but I need more than promotional shots just for the sake of my curiosity

White jersey, red pants, black socks would be a nice combo. Not that we’ll see it, but it would be a nice combo. 

32 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I mean, if they need an alternate that's not a throw/fauxback, and ideally a red one at that, I really don't know what's so hard about finding a more suitable pair of pants for this jersey.

spacer.png

They absolutely could’ve and should’ve based the new look off of this

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I mean, if they need an alternate that's not a throw/fauxback, and ideally a red one at that, I really don't know what's so hard about finding a more suitable pair of pants for this jersey.

spacer.png

Was this their Color Rush look? Not sure I’ve seen it before. 

7 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Was this their Color Rush look? Not sure I’ve seen it before. 

Yes it was. They didn’t wear it the first year of CR (2016) because they played the Bucs, who’s CR was also all red.

Bucs

spacer.png

Falcons
spacer.png

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Yes it was. They didn’t wear it the first year of CR (2016) because they played the Bucs, who’s CR was also all red.

Bucs

spacer.png

Falcons
spacer.png

Yeah, I remember Tampa’s. It was garish and tacky and still head and shoulders above their regular uniforms at the time. I’m glad the Bucs didn’t build their current set around the idea of frequent monochrome. 

10 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, I remember Tampa’s. It was garish and tacky and still head and shoulders above their regular uniforms at the time. I’m glad the Bucs didn’t build their current set around the idea of frequent monochrome. 

What? The Bucs color rush takes all the bad of the normal uniforms and none of the good. The normal uniforms had great color balance, but a terrible font choice and the stupid differing sleeves. The color rush uniforms were all-red with the same terrible font and sleeves. Now obviously you can't ignore the number font on a football uniform but it's hard to deny these uniforms had brilliant color balance. The modern Bucs jerseys need red socks desperately.

5e7ba4b614f18f17b034c1cb?width=1000&form

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived