2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone seems to think Browns Bengals is bad regarding lack of contrast, but meanwhile the Texans and Titans twice last season gave us navy/white/navy vs. navy/navy/navy. And this could very well happen again this season with the pathetically horrific taste in uniforms of Titans management.

14 hours ago, QCS said:

What? The Bucs color rush takes all the bad of the normal uniforms and none of the good. The normal uniforms had great color balance, but a terrible font choice and the stupid differing sleeves. The color rush uniforms were all-red with the same terrible font and sleeves. Now obviously you can't ignore the number font on a football uniform but it's hard to deny these uniforms had brilliant color balance. The modern Bucs jerseys need red socks desperately.

5e7ba4b614f18f17b034c1cb?width=1000&form

It’s pretty easy, actually. Garishly bright red hose over the black, blobby flat pewter yokes, and cheddar orange being foolishly upgraded from quadrenary color to tertiary in place of black take a brooding 90s classic scheme and make it look like a pile of bloody vomit. Not a single thing this uniform does better than the classic.

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The battle of Ohio is horrible. The Browns and Bengals have improved their look, but it still doesn't save this matchup from lack of contrast.

I think it’s miles better than past matchups between these two. Bengals are mostly black with a little bit of orange, and the Browns are about half-orange half-white. About as much contrast as you can ask for from two teams who share a secondary color and whose primary colors are black and brown, respectively.

Chargers have confirmed white on white. I don’t like that their pant color choices are based more on a rotation than on what would look better for each specific game. It almost reminds me of a true or false test where the last two answers were both false, so now you gotta go with true even though false is probably the better choice.

1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Cowboys with 1976 rwb helmet stripes.

So the Cowboys are using red, white, navy blue, silver, royal blue, black, and whatever sea foam their pants are…did I miss any color somewhere? Not even counting the military green and camo sideline gear…

KISSwall09.jpg

24 minutes ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

I know monochrome is hated around these parts, but Bengals-Browns looks pretty good. Both looks are distinct enough to know who’s who.

Also helps that the Browns are, arguably, wearing their best road look, going Orange-White-Orange to oppose the Cindy in all black.

Even with their last set, I always thought Cincinnati’s best look was all black

6 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Panthers wearing white pants with the black jersey. I don't think they've ever worn this combo before

*Cough* *cough*

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Panthers in black over white for the first time ever. 

Dolphins wearing solid white socks. Cuz there already is totally way too much aqua in their all white uniform. Embarrassing.

23 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I mean, if they need an alternate that's not a throw/fauxback, and ideally a red one at that, I really don't know what's so hard about finding a more suitable pair of pants for this jersey.

spacer.png

I forgot this look existed.

fiowXOD.png

On 11/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

I might be the lone Cowboys fan who hates this. 

And we got our booty’s clapped wearing it (I know that had nothing to do with it but give me this).

Never wear this again, Cowboys. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived