2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Last thing before I write another paragraph is that I'd much prefer they get flexed into SNF for that game vs the Packers should they choose to wear the black jerseys with whatever pants they opt for. The night setting would work better and as a change of scenery compared to the 2013 matchup which, like this year's at the moment, was a 1pm kickoff.

I'm not sure why that wasn't a primetime game to begin with. Rodgers vs. Lamar would draw massive ratings. Maybe it gets flexed to Monday night instead of Vikings Bears. But yeah, the 2013 Week 6 game was an overcast early afternoon kickoff and was very dull overall. We need some purple this time around.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

They already confirmed it!

You’re correct although I haven’t seen a tweet or instagram on it from @BuffaloBills, only what Gridiron Data Base posted and that particular webmaster always seems to be spot-on with these things.

How hard can it be to have NIKE manufacturer the BILLS some white socks that have the matching jersey stripes in the center like KC and da BEARS have?   That would look so damn good.  

To me there’s not a valid reason for solid colored socks when a team has sleeve striping (Northwestern stripes excluded), with the exception of perhaps the Vikings which would take some creative mind to concoct. .  I’m a traditionalist who hates when the sock color matches the color of the pants.  The leotard look simply looks ridiculous IMO.

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I was rooting for Color Rush vs the Vikes instead. This combo is my least favorite off the uniform menu. It works okay against teams like Pittsburgh, for instance (see the SNF 2010 matchup), but that's the only opponent I'd tolerate seeing this combo against.

Next best game I could see them bringing back CR if at all would be vs the Browns, though they've done that once before in 2017. I'll predict from here that we see all-black or black/white for that SNF game with the Browns in a few weeks and CR vs the Rams in Week 17.

Last thing before I write another paragraph is that I'd much prefer they get flexed into SNF for that game vs the Packers should they choose to wear the black jerseys with whatever pants they opt for. The night setting would work better and as a change of scenery compared to the 2013 matchup which, like this year's at the moment, was a 1pm kickoff.

The Ravens haven't worn the Color Rush uniforms since MNF vs. the Rams in 2019, so I wonder if it is still considered part of the rotation.

Assuming it is still part of the rotation, I think the Vikings would be the worst team to wear it against.  The exclusion of all of the black and insertion of substantial amounts of gold would make the Ravens look even more like the Vikings than they (sort of) already do.  The helmet would be the only part of the uniform that didn't look it belongs to the Vikings.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

BTW, assuming the Vikings wear their purple pants, this Sunday's game will be a copy of this --

spacer.png

. . . minus the weather. It's supposed to be partly cloudy and 57 this time around.

Also, my 54 year old couldn't take a repeat of the game . . . 5 TDs in the last 2:05 before the Ravens pulled it out.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

24 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

You’re correct although I haven’t seen a tweet or instagram on it from @BuffaloBills, only what Gridiron Data Base posted and that particular webmaster always seems to be spot-on with these things.

The Twitter page posted the weekly video yesterday. You must’ve missed it. It’s not always obvious it’s the uniform reveal at first glance haha

Holy crap they’re actually doing it. They’re really committed to opening up the possibilities of having three sock options on top of three jerseys and three pants. They’ve used a different combo every single week (except weeks 2 and 3 of the preseason) and, at this rate, there’s little reason to think they won’t use 17 different combinations by season’s end. The running tally now stands:

PW1 TBB

PW2 TWW

PW3 TWW again

W1 TBT

W2 WWW

W3 WTT

W4 WBW

W5 TTT

W6 BBB

W8 WBB

W9 TWT

As for what’s left, we still haven’t seen the classic TWB as well as other regulars like WWB and WTB. I believe we’re done with the black jersey because the equipment manager, shortly after the teal primary was announced, mentioned on a podcast that the black would be reserved for London games only (hoping to god he didn’t mean just the all black). Im hoping we see WBT by seasons end because I don’t hate black pants on the road for them but they desperately need some teal there. I’m doubtful we’ll see TBW, WTW, TTB, or TTW but who knows.

On TWT particularly, I’ll say I prefer to see black socks here because they match the helmet and avoid the “dolphins player whose head got stuck in a pizza oven” look, but I suppose all I really prayed for was no white socks with white pants, so it is what it is, monkeys paw and all that.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why?

I’m... open to the possibility. I like the Jets’ overall look, and if the image is correct and they’re wearing white socks, it might grow on me. Is it their ideal road look? No. But I don’t want to dismiss it entirely before seeing it in action

23 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Woody Johnson tweeted that the Jets will wear a new combo on Thursday. It’s got to be white tops with black pants. Should look terrible!

Might be somewhat be passable with green socks, but we all know that won't happen.

Green socks would also might the mono black monstrosities they were last week somewhat passable as well.

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

BTW, assuming the Vikings wear their purple pants, this Sunday's game will be a copy of this --

spacer.png

. . . minus the weather. It's supposed to be partly cloudy and 57 this time around.

Also, my 54 year old couldn't take a repeat of the game . . . 5 TDs in the last 2:05 before the Ravens pulled it out.

Vikings announced on twitter that they'll be in white pants this week.

(sorry for the 3 post in a row. I probably should have used the multi-quote feature instead of replying as I scrolled)

On 11/3/2021 at 1:35 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Confirmed - all navy for Tennessee (obviously)

Bills confirm white over blue with white socks though, which should make for a beautiful colorful matchup with the Jags hopefully in teal over white.

Why does Buffalo refuse to wear those distinctive striped socks except with the throwbacks?

Archived