2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

Sometimes I wonder why billion dollar organizations would purposely look like absolute garbage. And then twitter reminds me of the depravity of humanity.

bg4.jpgbg2.jpg

bg3.jpg

Clearly Tim, Doug and Eli have differing tastes from me. No, no, and why would be my responses to their rhetorical questions.

It's where I sit.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, aawagner011 said:

It’s time to revisit my theory that black over white has become the Falcons default set under the new coach. I brought it up last week but folks were doubting it. The Falcons will wear the combo again this weekend against the Panthers.

spacer.png

This will be the third time this season they’ve worn black over white (in addition to once in the preseason).

Including the preseason and this upcoming Sunday, when wearing a dark jersey under the new coach, Atlanta has worn the following combinations:

Black over white: 4 games

Black over black: 2 games

Red to black gradient: 1 game

This is a stark difference from last year where black over white was worn a single time. Hopefully it stays that way and all black is used only once or twice per season. Just start wearing the black socks with the white road set and this uniform will have been vastly improved. I know Atlanta gets some flack but those two fixes (black over white and dropping white road socks for black) greatly improve it, in my opinion.

For reference:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/atlanta-falcons-2021-uniform-schedule

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=ATL&year=2021

I really hope black over white stays the primary.

Unpopular opinion: when they aren’t in mono-black, I actually really like these unis for the most part. Number font still sucks tho

On 10/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, NFLfan10 said:

The game is on Halloween and the Bengals had one of their most convincing performances in recent memory last game in black pants, yet the team is goin back to the boring, poorly-balanced white on white look this week. White over black against the Jets in green over white would've been nice.

The Jets are wearing the stupid all-black getup. I wonder if the Bengals chose to use white pants so both teams wouldn't be in black pants. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

26 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I think I'm the only guy in this forum that likes the Falcons' font. But I'm a big fan of custom fonts in general.

Of the nearly 10 years under Nike’s reign as the league’s uniform manufacturer (which btw, I think we should have a retrospective thread next year), my two favorite custom fonts have been the Jets and Browns

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Jamesw244 said:

Well out of no where, the bucs changed their uniform against the Giants from the Color Rush Pewter to the Red/White Combo.

Interesting, and you're right.  Makes me wonder if they're considering them for the Buffalo game in Week 14 Saints game in Week 15 for Sunday Night Football.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Interesting, and you're right.  Makes me wonder if they're considering them for the Buffalo game in Week 14 Saints game in Week 15 for Sunday Night Football.

They should change it to red jersey and pewter pants for the Buffalo game, white pants for the second Saints game because they will have already have worn pewter pants for the week 8 one.

5 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I think I'm the only guy in this forum that likes the Falcons' font. But I'm a big fan of custom fonts in general.

I like it too. I like their uniforms in general. I mean they aren’t great but I don’t understand why people think they’re THAT bad. IMO they’re a vast improvement over the previous set. 

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Of the nearly 10 years under Nike’s reign as the league’s uniform manufacturer (which btw, I think we should have a retrospective thread next year), my two favorite custom fonts have been the Jets and Browns

spacer.png

spacer.png

Those are nice.  I'd personally add Jacksonville's to the list.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Nah.  Right now I think it's serviceable, but with a few tweaks, it could be really good and unique.

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

First of all, good lord has it nearly been 10 years already??

Secondly, 100% agree on the Brownies.  Perfect mix between classic block with just enough spice to make it stand out.  I personally find the Jets' font to be wholly boring and uninspiring, like the rest of the uniform frankly.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, jn8 said:

I really hope black over white stays the primary.

Unpopular opinion: when they aren’t in mono-black, I actually really like these unis for the most part. Number font still sucks tho

“I really like these other than the most prominent part of the jersey”

11 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I’m gonna guess the Bucs realized the fans all want more red and asked the league to switch. Not sure why teams have such a hard time understanding that fans like when their team wears its main colors.

They don’t have to ask the league since it’s going from one dark jersey to the other. They would only have to ask the opposing team to switch if they went from dark to white jersey or vice versa.

Archived